Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 20
CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eels have been having a better season to date , not only on the premiership ladder but on indications at least consistency wise which is a bit of a concern for Manly "s prospects here . Unless Turbo , D C E and Foz can get to a much better level , going to do it tough again . Not wrapped in Harper back but again just hopefully will be able to lift his game also . Naturally good that the Shu is back and would be expected to have big minutes if not starting . Manly 's forward line up and bench should be quite competitive , Koula , Tippytoes and Garrick going well , again really comes back to the Manly 's halves and Turbo in particular to step up very considerably to say the least .

I also married a Parra supporter and her son also , however cant get them to change , its going to be a horrible night for me i think , we don't like the wet , down on confidence and missing many .
Cant see any good for us , just hope they have a bad night and don't put 50 on us.
Parra are prone to putting in shockers after good wins, we'll see.

Parra will be well up for this game as we belted them twice last year. We’ve also copped good hidings against teams this year where our last outing we had put them too the sword (Easts, Sharks, Broncs). This will be a real tough game. On the team list, I actually like it. Bulle’s had enough chances for mine and deserved to be dropped. He’s been dissapointing as I was expecting a lot more from him. Harper back with a point to prove. Surely he can handle Opacic. I’m also keen to see how he goes without Saab outside him. Hopefully he can bounce back. Off the bench or starting I don’t care as long as Schu is there. He’s obviously not match fit so off the bench makes some sense to me. Until Pasekas back I’m good with the middles. Bring on Friday.
I don't agree on Bullie. I think he's been pretty good. Not mind blowingly good but solid and developing into the role. I'd leave him in and give him time to find his feet more.

As soon as I saw Harper was back, I skipped my attention to the following round against Melbourne. This weekend is a write off already.

I don't agree on Bullie. I think he's been pretty good. Not mind blowingly good but solid and developing into the role. I'd leave him in and give him time to find his feet more.
I probably think I expected a bit more of him tbh. He’s a bench middle for mine not an edge. It won’t be the last we see of him of course but can understand why he’s gone down. With a couple of other middles on notice too, he’ll be back soon enough I’d think.

I probably think I expected a bit more of him tbh. He’s a bench middle for mine not an edge. It won’t be the last we see of him of course but can understand why he’s gone down. With a couple of other middles on notice too, he’ll be back soon enough I’d think.
Bully has been going O K , with the Shu back and Walker and Davey also available , looks like he is rated by the coaching staff just below Marty and Sipley at the moment which could be a bit problematical . Impressed with his leg drive and has good speed , maybe just has to adjust a bit better defensively and positional wise but should be able to go on with it . Type of player who should be suited to the general style of Manly play and could well be a long termer all things normal .

As soon as I saw Harper was back, I skipped my attention to the following round against Melbourne. This weekend is a write off already.

The selection is the only one that makes sense. You can't put Walker in the centres; he's too 'bulky' now, and did you see that pass he threw that Cobbo intercepted?
Possibly you could play Tippytoes in the centres and bring up a Blacktown winger. But the Harpo selection is the least disruptive. He has the experience and we know he can be a good defender. He also will be very keen to re-ignite his NRL career so he'll be trying his hardest.
Let's give him the support he needs to regain his confidence.

Bully has been going O K , with the Shu back and Walker and Davey also available , looks like he is rated by the coaching staff just below Marty and Sipley at the moment which could be a bit problematical . Impressed with his leg drive and has good speed , maybe just has to adjust a bit better defensively and positional wise but should be able to go on with it . Type of player who should be suited to the general style of Manly play and could well be a long termer all things normal .
" Bully has been going OK" ...as in Kapow OK, sorry Manly al he's not OK.

Those Parra back rowers will be salivating at the thought of easy try’s via that route.

Last edited:
Des is not using him right.His best work is through the middle but due to circumstances,he’s been playing more on an edge.I’d have him ahead of Taupau now,especially after what Taupau has delivered of late

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7