Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 20
CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
at 2m 30s ... Des, on the topic of Tom wanting to get back to playing at a certain level and a certain standard, and whether there is a method in the madness during the week to get him back to that level:
"Oh, well there's only so much the method is, with injury, it's coordinated rest and just getting him right for the big game"

Er ... I thought Tom was supposed to be right for the Tigers game way back on 7 May... yet now Des talking about injury... so either this is very mixed messaging, or my imagination has blown a gasket!

at 2m 30s ... Des, on the topic of Tom wanting to get back to playing at a certain level and a certain standard, and whether there is a method in the madness during the week to get him back to that level:
"Oh, well there's only so much the method is, with injury, it's coordinated rest and just getting him right for the big game"

Er ... I thought Tom was supposed to be right for the Tigers game way back on 7 May... yet now Des talking about injury... so either this is very mixed messaging, or my imagination has blown a gasket!
He is clearly injured. Has been all year. I think the club isn’t doing great with timing the return of injured players. In Marty’s interview earlier in the week he talked about how he was so sick with covid that he almost went to hospital. And it showed on the field when they rushed him back too soon.
Why not wait?

Donkeys really exploited both Turbo and Garrick not being able to sprint Last week. Parra going to attack our left corner for sure. Better line speed on the Inside defence would help.
Just wonder if we might see a little interchanging with Koula this week.

I think body language is one of Tom’s weaknesses. When the ball went out from the kick off, he started sulking. It’s 10 seconds into the game. A quick “sorry boys, let’s dig in” instead of looking like he is about cry, would be much better.

As good as Tom was last year, he can mope around and have a poor game when the going gets tough.
I agree Tom looks agitated and uncomfortable during that interview. Speaking of body language, reminds me of his older brother's body language when he's interviewed - it's different but not good either and after a loss Jake really wears his heart on his sleeve. So I think this body language weakness is in their genes.

O

I agree. He looks very uncomfortable with the head scratching etc. I know he’s never been a brilliant performer in front of the camera but this is particularly odd even for him.
bully and weeks still in squad 24 hours before kick off

have a feeling weeks to debut and turbo out
Weekes has 18th or 19th man a few times recently, mate. Turbo will be playing.

The other give away is that there is zero chance the club put Turbo up for media this week if he is in any doubt.

Weekes has 18th or 19th man a few times recently, mate. Turbo will be playing.

The other give away is that there is zero chance the club put Turbo up for media this week if he is in any doubt.
You are probably right

Weekes will this year play for us in first grade i think .

Last edited:
Is it a misguided sponsorship thing that sees Hasler donning a suit for each game, rather than just a polo and complementary jacket?

Because he looks like an old wino ( luxuriant hair and all…bastard) by the end of the game. Collar imitating a flightless bird, tie crooked.

Not a very professional look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8