Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
6 Bankwest Stadium
23 May 2021 16:05
81st minute

Match Stats

eagleron

Bencher
Just watched a replay. Can anyone explain to me how Parramatta got the ball and Gutherson was able to take a quick restart after Garrick split them up the centre, chipped ahead and the ball hit the posts, only for the Eels to ground it in the in-goal? Baffled me at the time and baffled me again the second time around.
I said the same thing at the time it happened, not even the commentary team had anything to say as I recall, I guess Gutho must have told the ref that Manly knocked on and was taken at his word

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watched a replay. Can anyone explain to me how Parramatta got the ball and Gutherson was able to take a quick restart after Garrick split them up the centre, chipped ahead and the ball hit the posts, only for the Eels to ground it in the in-goal? Baffled me at the time and baffled me again the second time around.

I thought the same..... None of the commentators said anything so I just thought i'd missed something.

No Manly player got a touch as far as I could see, so it had to be a line dropout. Except Gutherson picked the ball up immediately and ran to take the tap. Pretty sure he was taking the piss and the referee followed his lead.

Just watched game of the round on Fox, obviously our game, looked like the ball rebounded off the post and hit garricks hand as he was running through, he didn't play at it, just an awkward bounce

So it wasn't just me.

Even watched the reply a few times and tried to listen to the ref.

All I can think of was "knock on in goal by Manly"

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Can anyone explain how the ball stopped dead when we tried to kick a 40/20, it landed about a foot inside the playing field but landed as if it hit a sand dune. It didn’t bounce or anything, it was quite strange

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Can anyone explain how the ball stopped dead when we tried to kick a 40/20, it landed about a foot inside the playing field but landed as if it hit a sand dune. It didn’t bounce or anything, it was quite strange
I saw that, if it was Brookie surface there would have been some outrage

madmax

Bencher
How was Gutherson's arrogance when he pushed Garrick away from the ref after the siren went during his kick at goal? Garrick should have decked him!!!
I’m sure he would easily but didn’t waste breath on the fvcking twat. Someone like Olakau’atu would have thrown him into the grand stands Lolol. Typical arrogance from the Queen of rugby league…..Jesus I can’t stand the sight of him!

Shoe1

Journey Man
The grass gets no sun in that stadium. It is a bog.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
First game I went to for 2 years, lured by a Parra-supporting mate. Took my 76-yo Dad, who hasn't been to a live game since 2017 I think, a game where Saints thrashed us at Brookie. Dad was almost done after that (Barrett era where our Def was just rice-paper)

What an event this was! That stadium is super-well designed and an impressive layout. It is very well catered, so you don't have to wait long for Food/Drink/Bathroom at any stage. This was great with my elderly dad - who is still mobile but the drinks kinda go right through him now ;)

We both only found out about the passing of Bozo when it was announced at the ground, and the respect shown to him by all present was admirable - kudos to Parra fans. (Same can't be said for that twat pressing the half-time buzzer to put Garrick off his near-perfect kicking game...just a dick move, hope whoever it is loses their privileges)

As for the game, my Dad couldn't be happier with the boys. We were in Row-5 behind the goalposts so were right up close (One of Garrick's conversions was caught by a young lad 2-rows directly in front of us!), and we had a great view of the defensive efforts that so impressed Dad.

The theatrics of the Parra team were quite self-evident being at the ground, hands in the air almost every tackle begging for something, and I have to hand it to the Ref. Despite seemingly being one-eyed in the first 10-15mins (where Parra already had 7 sets to 3, and 2 set restarts to 0), he took control of the adjudicating back from Gutho and did a fine job thereafter. Jake's binning was questionable however.

The way Manly exploited the obvious weakness of the Waqa Blake/Fergo side was ruthless. That was some well researched tactics. On the other hand, Parra simply tried their up-the-middle barge expecting it to eventually work, as it has against lesser teams all year. It never did, as our forwards comprehensively outplayed theirs.

Their halves became frustrated and looked bog-average, whereas young Schuster was simply outstanding - MotM for mine - and DCE wasn't as good as last week but was clearly more involved than the underwhelming Moses or the invisible Arthur in the blue/gold.

I thought that the Broncos game last week would have shown Parra how well Manly can counter a middle-dominance gameplan, but I guess they aren't as well coached as we are. When that didn't work for them over and over again, Parra simply didn't know what else to try. And, if anyone ever suggests we recruit Waqa Blake over someone like Brad Parker, you don't understand football.

And what more can be said of Turbo - seeing the guy live you can both watch him off the ball as well as how he injects himself into the play. He reads the game in a rare way and that isn't something you can teach. If he can do what Gutho did and return from serious injuries to then have 77 straight games, then we are going to be a contender for years to come.

Good times!

3 things mate.

Good to hear your dad is doing well.

I hate how most teams these days, and the Worms led by Queen Gutherson are one of the worst at it, basically en masse throw their arms in the air at every tackle begging the refs to bail them out or give them a leg up.

And Turbo couldn't have had a better teacher in the art of being a first grade fullback than Snake. Slater because of his record with Qld and the Kangaroos may get all the media plaudits about being the best fullback ever, but I still maintain that Snake was the better player of the two. He was faster, more skilled and a much better defender and it was only his knee injuries which effectively kept him out for two years (giving Slater a massive leg up on the Kangaroos job), and the fact that NSW couldn't win a rigged pub chook raffle during his time that see's Slater get the accolades.

Last edited:

Moops

Bencher
3 things mate.

Good to hear your dad is doing well.

I hate how most teams these days, and the Worms led by Queen Gutherson are one of the worst at it, basically en masse throw their arms in the air at every tackle begging the refs to bail them out or give them a leg up.

And Turbo couldn't have had a better teacher in the art of being a first grade fullback than Snake. Slater because of his record with Qld and the Kangaroos may get all the media plaudits about being the best fullback ever, but I still maintain that Snake was the better player of the two. He was faster, more skilled and a much better defender and it was only his knee injuries and the fact that NSW couldn't win a rigged pub chook raffle during his time that see's Slater get the accolades.
Exactly, Slater was more durable than Snake. Definitely not better...

eagleron

Bencher
I said to the missus that obviously the slime are using remote controlled balls, all part of their ongoing assistance package that began with Greenturd

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12