Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
6 Bankwest Stadium
23 May 2021 16:05
81st minute

Match Stats

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Favourite moment among so many highlights. Thanks twitter for the image.
Turbo seems like a changed man. Whether feeling like he has to make up for ruining our start to the year (?) or for whatever reason, since he returned to the field he is simply ruthless.
Notice in the try celebrations, he isn't grinning and high-fiving. He is all business, job not finished, the game is a place where people can get badly hurt and is no laughing matter. He wants to win.
Tom is currently definitely in Immortal mode, and make no mistake, that can carry this Manly side a long long way, even this year.

Moops

Bencher
Turbo seems like a changed man. Whether feeling like he has to make up for ruining our start to the year (?) or for whatever reason, since he returned to the field he is simply ruthless.
Notice in the try celebrations, he isn't grinning and high-fiving. He is all business, job not finished, the game is a place where people can get badly hurt and is no laughing matter. He wants to win.
Tom is currently definitely in Immortal mode, and make no mistake, that can carry this Manly side a long long way, even this year.
I like to compare Turbo to Inglis and I think he could be better if his body holds up. Inglis didn't have the all round game that Turbo has. Inglis did dominate at State of Origin level for a long period of time and win premierships though, which Tom has yet to achieve.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like to compare Turbo to Inglis and I think he could be better if his body holds up. Inglis didn't have the all round game that Turbo has. Inglis did dominate at State of Origin level for a long period of time and win premierships though, which Tom has yet to achieve.

Turbo and GI are 2 quite different players but comparisons inevitable as both are tall back-line match-winners.
GI had the greater athleticism (barely) yet I predict Turbo to reach Immortal status first.
Mate he is taking personal responsibility for each game now. That's something Bob Fulton used to do, but not really a trait of GI, though he was a freak of a player.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Above all things I’m loving the confidence and happiness on this forum again. It’s been a tough place at times over the last few years, and even worse over the early stages of this season. I don’t tend to argue with naysayers, I leave them alone and let them wallow in their own pile of mud, so I’d pretty much disappeared off this forum and only visited occasionally: it really wasn’t helping with my own mental health to be honest.... but things are happily back on track and this place has become one of good times instead of darkness...

Rafferty

Mug punter
I personally thought after dropping the ball that he was looking around for a Manly player to blame, he's pathetic enough to try it
Yer mate his antics and carry on **** me, him and Gutho what a pair of wankers, they should both pull there heads in and concentrate on their own games, it was so good to see them cop a dose from us on Sunday

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Just watched a replay. Can anyone explain to me how Parramatta got the ball and Gutherson was able to take a quick restart after Garrick split them up the centre, chipped ahead and the ball hit the posts, only for the Eels to ground it in the in-goal? Baffled me at the time and baffled me again the second time around.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Saw this on Facebook LOL

Screenshot_20210524-200711_Facebook.jpg

Jerry1

First Grader
Just watched a replay. Can anyone explain to me how Parramatta got the ball and Gutherson was able to take a quick restart after Garrick split them up the centre, chipped ahead and the ball hit the posts, only for the Eels to ground it in the in-goal? Baffled me at the time and baffled me again the second time around.
I thought the same..... None of the commentators said anything so I just thought i'd missed something.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I thought the same..... None of the commentators said anything so I just thought i'd missed something.
No Manly player got a touch as far as I could see, so it had to be a line dropout. Except Gutherson picked the ball up immediately and ran to take the tap. Pretty sure he was taking the piss and the referee followed his lead.

cc eagle

Bencher
Just watched game of the round on Fox, obviously our game, looked like the ball rebounded off the post and hit garricks hand as he was running through, he didn't play at it, just an awkward bounce

Shoe1

Journey Man
Caption this, eels chick indifferent to proceedings. Expand photo.

Attachments

• 7C39DA03-A00D-40E5-8E5C-89E31C873B40.jpeg
    7C39DA03-A00D-40E5-8E5C-89E31C873B40.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14