Eels v Broncs match day chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is a pet hate and have been watching a bit of super league where the play the balls are a farce..

What did everyone think of that last night?

The second half from both teams was dumb, bereft of ideas and dour. The eels won't score many tries this year with the approach they had, and the Broncs will get run down by fast finishing teams because they seem to put their cue in the rack early and defend their lead.

You know I always thought a Phobia was "an extreme or irrational fear of something." I didn't get a sense from Bennetts comments about anything that he had an extreme fear of anything.

The world has lost it's sense of humor.
I appreciate bennett's humorous intent ralphie, but the quote stands out to me for a couple of reasons:

It's like he's saying the drug reference is fine, but he draws the line at Roberts going on a float: "As long as he’s not on the NRL’s Mardi Gras float".

Attempts to break down perceived prejudice in the nrl by Paul langmack and others aren't being well supported
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...lesbian-mardi-gras-float-20160224-gn2bdv.html

I enjoyed the comments as I like a bit of character in the game.
I took Bennett comment as he didn't want Roberts of the float because then he would be exposed to the drug party scene and wants him kept away from that and focused on footy

There was nothing wrong with both Robert's and Bennett's comments.

People complain about the lack of characters in the game but when two big figures in the game start cracking jokes we go on a tirade against them. It is dumb.

There was nothing wrong with both Robert's and Bennett's comments.

People complain about the lack of characters in the game but when two big figures in the game start cracking jokes we go on a tirade against them. It is dumb.
You're a gay kid, hoping to sign with the Broncos, and Bennett says that.
You stay in the closet.
Not good enough.

You're a gay kid, hoping to sign with the Broncos, and Bennett says that.
You stay in the closet.
Not good enough.

Has Bennett ever said that though? There is a difference between making a light-hearted joke about a gay pride parade and being homophobic.

Besides I think the joke was more aimed at the infamous amount of drugs (for example speed) that are consumed in the parade. James Roberts made a joke about drugs, so Bennett followed it up with another one.

Has Bennett ever said that though? There is a difference between making a light-hearted joke about a gay pride parade and being homophobic.

Besides I think the joke was more aimed at the infamous amount of drugs (for example speed) that are consumed in the parade. James Roberts made a joke about drugs, so Bennett followed it up with another one.
I know this is way off topic, but it's the shrill PC brigade that the mainstream in the US are sick to death of and it's precisely why Donald Trump is defying the odds with his outrageous statements. I fear for a world with him as the most powerful man in the world, but the backlash had to come and in my opinion the PC views of this world have a lot to answer for.

Fair enough all, Bennett was a bit insensitive, hardly a hanging offence, but shows that there's a little way to go. Apart from Wayne's appalling taste in clubs that he's coached I have some time for him, his work with the disabled community (outlined in his book).

Last edited:
I know this is way off topic, but it's the shrill PC brigade that the mainstream in the US are sick to death of and it's precisely why Donald Trump is defying the odds with his outrageous statements. I fear for a world with him as the most powerful man in the world, but the backlash had to come and in my opinion the PC views of this world have a lot to answer for.

I hate PC people. I could rant about how making a fuss over crap like this serves no purpose other than to divide people further and about how anyone that actively promotes censorship is dumb until the heat death of the universe.

Gotta say Bennett coached teams are as boring as bat... to watch, but you have to admire the man. They get the job done. ...

*....with the exception of the first weekend in October. .. :)

Bennett coached teams have won plenty in the first week of october

I see Silvertails was back online today (the troll, not the site). Say anything that says the Speels aren't good enough and get a dislike or disagree lol

So Michael Jennings thinks the video refs got it wrong on his double movement no-try.

“I thought it was a try,” Jennings said. “I wouldn’t have got up celebrating otherwise.

“It’s funny, half my body was over the tryline so I don’t know (how they reached the decision).

This is what playing for Parra-doesn't-matta does to a person. It makes them delusional.....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...n/news-story/4ee473da42891eb5ec76ac3213cbdcc2

I hate PC people. I could rant about how making a fuss over crap like this serves no purpose other than to divide people further and about how anyone that actively promotes censorship is dumb until the heat death of the universe.
So you're being PC about people being PC then. You can see that can't you?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6