Eels Done For Massive Salary Cap Breach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can sorta understand their logic

- They had a heap of rubbish on their roster that needed to get rid off, most of which was tied up in contracts which would have stopped their rebuilding
- My guess is they thought this was their rebuilding year (before st foz joins) and they could wear any fines or penalties as they would not challenge for the comp

As usual with them the problem was their execution and having a points deduction for next year not this!

- They had a heap of rubbish on their roster that needed to get rid off, most of which was tied up in contracts which would have stopped their rebuilding
- My guess is they thought this was their rebuilding year (before st foz joins) and they could wear any fines or penalties as they would not challenge for the comp

As usual with them the problem was their execution and having a points deduction for next year not this!

They won't lose points.

They've been let off lightly! It's a joke to think it's not cheating! It blatantly is! Going over the cps is cheating, not frigging "mis management". Paul Kent says it wasn't their main priority to think about the cap.......really? In this day and age!

Can you actually go into the minuses? Don't think they will lose any this year, but how great would it be to see them start on minus 4 next year.

As long as they do what the nrl want (and they will) they don't lose any points. The points lose is suspended.

As long as they do what the nrl want (and they will) they don't lose any points. The points lose is suspended.
That's bull$hit! Imagine if it was us, probably already have the sniffer dogs going through the boys houses and deducted points for the next few years.

Not so fast. The NRL told them not to do what they continued to do, since they self reported in July 2013. But Parra ignored their advice :confused:

Its funny seeing the Dalai lose it with Reporters @:D

They initially signed these players. So....... Stiff s***

They'll need to send in sniffer dogs to find competition points prior to taking them!

But seriously, wonder what the leagues club irregularities are? What perks have the players been getting at the club off the books? Free booze, food, gambling credit, cash? Bar jobs or bouncer positions @ 100 bucks an hour? I'm intrigued.

They got busted for this sort of thing 10 years ago. Vella's wife being paid overs to be the team hairdresser etc. Smith and his hacks haven't been there long enough so probably think this is a first offense ....

They'll need to send in sniffer dogs to find competition points prior to taking them!

But seriously, wonder what the leagues club irregularities are? What perks have the players been getting at the club off the books? Free booze, food, gambling credit, cash? Bar jobs or bouncer positions @ 100 bucks an hour? I'm intrigued.

They got busted for this sort of thing 10 years ago. Vella's wife being paid overs to be the team hairdresser etc. Smith and his hacks haven't been there long enough so probably think this is a first offense ....
I would say a few meat trays from the Sunday raffles have been going to the wrong ticket numbers. Probably why zorba has been quite of late to, has been down the parra leagues club looking for his cut from all the leaks he has been providing the media.

So they have 8 months to fix things up but they are blaming the previous board so there still in denial Funnily enough is that Seward has been on board for this year and the previous 2 years . They wont fix it I think they don't know how

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4