Edwin Ipape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Either way it was a cracking solo effort and showed innatative out of dummy half . Wait till Ballin gets hold of him .

All the PNG players seem fit, fearless, and highly motivated. Hard to see how you could go wrong, really - provided he can live OK in the area. I recall a story years ago about a young super fit athlete from Fiji trying to make it in NRL, ended up winning a comp (I think, maybe?) with Storm but meanwhile developed a massive gambling problem, quite sad. (Waqa)

It is already a great story.
There is not enough personality in rugby league players these days.
The great Georgous George was the last player who offered something different, a man of the people.
It is impossible not to support a club who makes great decisions like this.

All the PNG players seem fit, fearless, and highly motivated. Hard to see how you could go wrong, really - provided he can live OK in the area. I recall a story years ago about a young super fit athlete from Fiji trying to make it in NRL, ended up winning a comp (I think, maybe?) with Storm but meanwhile developed a massive gambling problem, quite sad. (Waqa)
Waqa is a friend of mine. I played with him at gordon.

I hope like heck this young bloke explodes onto the NRL in Manly colours, but the rerun of his try against England is starting to become outrageous....yes great try...freakish even, but its hard to base an opinion on replaying the same highlight reel 1000 plus times, besides the fact he is extremely fast and tge English ruck defence was pathetic, in fact I think England lost the game after going in hot favourites and played horrible
I recall many youtube highlight hero’s with Luke Page just 1 example after replaying him running over a Manly reserve grade player over and over and based on that reel was to become the next immortal....and we know how that turned out.
I will add that Ipape can tackle and is tough and could well suit the go forward of the Manly middle....but I hope he can add to the highlight reel at NRL level, these youtube wonder reels do not always pan out, but still hopeful this bloke has the talent and hunger to make an imoact.

Thank you for your oppinion feathered friend .....

The Godfather Ken Arthuson signed fatty on a high light reel and the rest is History

The Edwin Ipape sensational try was not against a NSW cup Team . It was against a Wayne Bennett English National team

Anyway ......

I am excited !!!

Speed kills

and Edwin Ipape just kills me

images.png

Yep, I wish him well but the Lion's defence had well and truly clocked off when Ipape scored that try. Probably a more impressive effort would be the try he almost scored at around the 34th minute mark (37 min in the video).
As an indicator of the game he played; he made 7 of 10 tackles - he will have a lot of work to do to get to NRL standard.

What impressed me most was that he came off the bench and made an big Impact

He scored a slashing try from 65 metres out where any player lacking blistering pace and evasion would have been run down for sure and he also nearly scored another try and was a handful every time he touched the ball .

Defensively he seemed strong considering the step up to the level he was playing

His potential is enormous and under Des he should thrive

I'm really excited about Edwin joining us. I've been down to watch Wynnum Manly v Hunters at the Wynnum Manly oval and couldn't believe how hard the PNG players hit in tackles. They take absolutely no prisoners and I can understand how the GB boys were beaten into submission.

I hope like heck this young bloke explodes onto the NRL in Manly colours, but the rerun of his try against England is starting to become outrageous....yes great try...freakish even, but its hard to base an opinion on replaying the same highlight reel 1000 plus times, besides the fact he is extremely fast and tge English ruck defence was pathetic, in fact I think England lost the game after going in hot favourites and played horrible
I recall many youtube highlight hero’s with Luke Page just 1 example after replaying him running over a Manly reserve grade player over and over and based on that reel was to become the next immortal....and we know how that turned out.
I will add that Ipape can tackle and is tough and could well suit the go forward of the Manly middle....but I hope he can add to the highlight reel at NRL level, these youtube wonder reels do not always pan out, but still hopeful this bloke has the talent and hunger to make an imoact.
He still managed to have insight and run that line mate , like a fox .

He still managed to have insight and run that line mate , like a fox .
No doubt he shows super wheels and the potential is there...check out the bloke Souths got from PNG, there's about 30 highlights similar - Edene Gabbie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4