Edwin Ipape can play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
A competitive Hooker with speed.
Well it's just 1 game.
But Tonga who are rated a force are a decent yardstick, stacked with some of the best NRL players in the game.
Looks a genuine threat from dummy half with speed and strength and can tackle.
Anyways, just 1 option from this World Cup who maybe worth a look.

We had him in 2020 but let him go early and had Danny Levi there for the year. Don't know if anyone watched England/Samoa but Levi is even worse than I remembered him.

Ipape would be fantastic if he was willing to come back to us, was great in the game this morning but also scored 23 tries in 27 games for Leigh who were promoted to the Super League. Need to start looking outside the box at hooker because another year of Croker sounds dire

We had him in 2020 but let him go early and had Danny Levi there for the year. Don't know if anyone watched England/Samoa but Levi is even worse than I remembered him.

Ipape would be fantastic if he was willing to come back to us, was great in the game this morning but also scored 23 tries in 27 games for Leigh who were promoted to the Super League. Need to start looking outside the box at hooker because another year of Croker sounds dire

People don't get it because he tries hard, and has plenty of character.

Let’s ask this question at the end of the tournament,not after the first game when he was fresh and obviously up for the big occasion.

Let’s ask this question at the end of the tournament,not after the first game when he was fresh and obviously up for the big occasion.
I'd prefer to ask the question "would any other hooker we have now, played as well fresh in the first game"

I'd prefer to ask the question "would any other hooker we have now, played as well fresh in the first game"
Maybe not,but a NRL season lasts 25 rounds plus finals and there’s not many key position players coming out of PNG

Well it's just 1 game.
But Tonga who are rated a force are a decent yardstick, stacked with some of the best NRL players in the game.
He is not a one game wonder as he won many man of the match honours up there

He was a bargain buy but Des never pursued him

So after covid a smart coach in the Super league did

So much more ability and potential than Croker

Maybe not,but a NRL season lasts 25 rounds plus finals and there’s not many key position players coming out of PNG

Edwin Ipape excited for World Cup after clinching Super League promotion​

It has been a dream season for Leigh hooker Edwin Ipape, who deservedly got his hands on every trophy available to him in 2022.

The Papua New Guinea international arrived at the Centurions at the start of the year after being signed by fellow countryman Adrian Lam.

Ipape quickly became a fan favourite on the terraces at the Leigh Sports Village with his powerful displays.
The 23-year-old hooker picked up the Ray French Award following a man of the match display in their 1895 Cup final win over Featherstone at Tottenham in May.

Ipape then went on to help Leigh win the League Leaders’ Shield in the Championship as well as being named the Championship’s Player of the Year.

And on Sunday, Ipape played in Leigh’s Championship Grand Final win over Batley, securing promotion to Super League for 2023.

“It can’t get any better than this,” Ipape told Love Rugby League.

“We’ve had a very consistent year and to finish it off here at home in front of a good crowd is awesome. I just can’t believe we are in Super League now.

“We took each week at a time and we kept on building. We had a clear plan and now we’ve ticked the final box in the plan which was to get into Super League. I’m stoked.”

The dream year continues for Edwin Ipape​

Ipape’s incredible season hasn’t stopped just yet. He has been selected to represent his native Papua New Guinea in his first World Cup this autumn.

“It’s an honour and a privilege to represent our country,” he added.

“To get an opportunity to play in my first World Cup is going to be massive. I’m looking forward to it.”

The Kumuls are in a group alongside Tonga, Wales and the Cook Islands. Stanley Tepend’s side get their World Cup campaign underway against Tonga in St Helens on Sunday, October 16.

The sooner we step up a level to the dominating hooker position from Croker the sooner we will become a more dominant team

The Des era is over

Edwin Ipape excited for World Cup after clinching Super League promotion​

It has been a dream season for Leigh hooker Edwin Ipape, who deservedly got his hands on every trophy available to him in 2022.

The Papua New Guinea international arrived at the Centurions at the start of the year after being signed by fellow countryman Adrian Lam.

Ipape quickly became a fan favourite on the terraces at the Leigh Sports Village with his powerful displays.
The 23-year-old hooker picked up the Ray French Award following a man of the match display in their 1895 Cup final win over Featherstone at Tottenham in May.

Ipape then went on to help Leigh win the League Leaders’ Shield in the Championship as well as being named the Championship’s Player of the Year.

And on Sunday, Ipape played in Leigh’s Championship Grand Final win over Batley, securing promotion to Super League for 2023.

“It can’t get any better than this,” Ipape told Love Rugby League.

“We’ve had a very consistent year and to finish it off here at home in front of a good crowd is awesome. I just can’t believe we are in Super League now.

“We took each week at a time and we kept on building. We had a clear plan and now we’ve ticked the final box in the plan which was to get into Super League. I’m stoked.”

The dream year continues for Edwin Ipape​

Ipape’s incredible season hasn’t stopped just yet. He has been selected to represent his native Papua New Guinea in his first World Cup this autumn.

“It’s an honour and a privilege to represent our country,” he added.

“To get an opportunity to play in my first World Cup is going to be massive. I’m looking forward to it.”

The Kumuls are in a group alongside Tonga, Wales and the Cook Islands. Stanley Tepend’s side get their World Cup campaign underway against Tonga in St Helens on Sunday, October 16.
So he played well in the competition below Super League

Well it's just 1 game.

Going through his original thread, he must be one of the super duper rare players that didn't get bagged on here when signings were mentioned. Most were enthusiastic.

Of course back then it was a train and trial (I think) so who knows what would've gone down if he was signed to the top 30. lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4