Eagles U18 reps

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sam Walker( Bens son) is the next big thing. Best young half I’ve seen for a while.He cut NSW to pieces.Uncle Nick already has him under lock and key of course.Hes the bloke they have pegged to take over from Cronk eventually. Pity Ben didnt send him to his old club Manly lol.

Saw Xavier Coates live when Seagulls flogged Illawarra (who beat us ) in the national Championship final. Unbelievable this kid. Broncos have him.

Only saw last 30 min of second half. Qld looked class above right across the board in that time.
Fainu looked damn good from what i saw. Great chase on winger. So quick for a big man.Fotu looked strong. Ben went ok without standing out.Did Schuster play at all in first half ? I don’t think I heard him called while I was watching.Was looking forward to seeing him at this standard.

Last edited:
I can see in coming years Fainu pass to Fainu to score under the posts
Looks a good kid coming through the ranks

He looks outstanding has a great motor and nearly ran down their speedy winger who took an intercept. Young turbo should be a solid first grader and is a goer. Shuster had some good touches however thoughts of him being a 6 in the NRL are laughable, he will definitely be a backrower. I didn’t see enough of the other manly players to make a comment on their performances however there is some serious talent in the Qld side including Ben Walkers son who played 7.

Sam Walker( Bens son) is the next big thing. Best young half I’ve seen for a while.Uncle Nick already has him under lock and key of course.

Saw Xavier Coates live when Seagulls flogged Illawarra (who beat us ) in the national Championship final. Unbelievable this kid. Broncos have him.

Only saw last 30 min of second half. Qld looked class above across the board in that time.
Fainu looked damn good from what i saw. Great chase on winger. So quick for a big man.Fotu was strong. Ben went ok without standing out.Did Schuster play at all in first half ? Was looking forward to seeing him at this standard.

Agree young Coates looks outstanding however that’s the guy young fainu nearly ran down. He caught him but couldn’t hold onto him. It was a great chase.

No Shiek that was the centre he ran down after the intercept.Coates a lot taller and lankier.. Believe me he would not have got anywhere near Coates.Coates was the guy who scored off the cross kick .

Agree re Schuster . Didn’t see him in higher standard tonight but from what I’ve seen of him 5/8 is a big stretch. Got great skills and super player but I have him pegged as a good edge backrower. I may be wrong but can’t see him being the answer to our 5/8 problem like some have suggested.

Last edited:
No Shiek that was the centre he ran down after the intercept.Coates a lot taller and lankier.. Believe me he would not have got anywhere near Coates.Coates was the guy who scored off the cross kick .

My bad it was an impressive effort in any case. I’m not sure he had a break for the whole game.

Sadly, Schuster can be up and down in performance. The two games I went too, very very quiet.
Yeah in the two or three times I’ve seen him he floated in and out of game but has incredible skill. Im sure Des is looking forward to moulding him.

Guys its a big difference as a play maker in the forwards than at 5/8. Judging Schuster on his performance behind a beaten pack when he's not the play maker is a little unfair. This kid has won the best player awards for the last couple of years in the juniors. Judging him in a position not his best behind beaten pack is failing to give the kid the respect he deserves.

It probably shows there is enough talent out there as well that you don't need to throw stupid money at someone who has never played first grade... Minimum contract, lets see how he goes.. Then throw the money if we like what we see..

Kid has a couple of things Taylor hasn’t.Heart and physical presence His grandfather was one of the toughest and nicest blokes you’d ever meet and a great player. He’s close to him and takes after him.

He’s going to be a star.

Guys its a big difference as a play maker in the forwards than at 5/8. Judging Schuster on his performance behind a beaten pack when he's not the play maker is a little unfair. This kid has won the best player awards for the last couple of years in the juniors. Judging him in a position not his best behind beaten pack is failing to give the kid the respect he deserves.
No ones bagging him. He’s a sublime talent. Simply think he’ll end up a backrower. That’s all.
Have you actually seen him play live Bear? Can’t judge him by reading the hype. I reckon he’s a star just not sure about 5/8.

Fainu looks a better prospect and a keeper
Agree. I caught a fair bit of the 2nd half and Fainu was clearly best prop on ground. Big, mobile and bent the line - the prototype and AFB like. Fotu conversely was Alan Cann like, short and nuggety but geeze he had a go. These two were impressive. Ben T looked like a solid first grader in the making e.g. wide running 2nd rower with a good work rate. Schuster was hardly saw/heard. Weekes was more solid (build) than i thought and also looked to have some potential. Schuster has the raps however after last night may have dropped down the pecking order ever so slightly.

Must also be said that the QLD backline was far superior.

Fainu was best on ground for nsw by far.

The biggest disappointment was Bradman best. Bigger hype train on him than Schuster and thought he was bog average IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8