Eagles flying high as Stewart stays, with Matai, Williams to follow suit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clint said:
bob dylan said:
bones said:
The thing I find amusing is that at the start of the 2011 season no-one was even tipping Manly to make the eight with the roster they had,

Sheepishly put hand up.

Me too..:s

Hey guys I wasn't having a shot at people who didn't think we would make the eight, I just find it amusing that now we are now supposedly, in the minds of some, over the cap with that same squad ... Less three players (Hoppa, Rodney and Robbo)

bones said:
Clint said:
bob dylan said:
bones said:
The thing I find amusing is that at the start of the 2011 season no-one was even tipping Manly to make the eight with the roster they had,

Sheepishly put hand up.

Hey guys I wasn't having a shot at people who didn't think we would make the eight, I just find it amusing that now we are now supposedly, in the minds of some, over the cap with that same squad ... Less three players (Hoppa, Rodney and Robbo)

all good bones. I didn't interpret it that you were. I am just agreeing with BD. I thought we'd be bottom half of the 8 at best in 2011. Realistically, I didn't have us in the 8 at all.

It is a good point that you make though.

Really glad to see Snake staying. I would have found it hard watching him play for another team. Just love watching him score try after try in Maroon and White.

Andy1972
Manly Forver.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
And here we go again this tweet from @lush178 who is Zorba's sidekick on sportal

Manly fans shouldn't get 2 excited re:news Brett Stewart's staying. Mail is it's far fromdone deal & Snake none 2 happy. More t/c on Sportal

Yeah he looks far from happy... Clowns.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
And here we go again this tweet from @lush178 who is Zorba's sidekick on sportal

Manly fans shouldn't get 2 excited re:news Brett Stewart's staying. Mail is it's far fromdone deal & Snake none 2 happy. More t/c on Sportal

Is this the same mail that Erin on the Footy Show has? The mail that said Foran had signed with the Bulldogs? They are just trying to get more people to read their stories. Brett will stay.

Jono said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Is this the same mail that Erin on the Footy Show has? The mail that said Foran had signed with the Bulldogs? They are just trying to get more people to read their stories. Brett will stay.
Oi Drummerboy lay off Erin bro. ;)
Apparently Kelly Egan and a dogs board member both went of early and were telling people Foz was a done deal for the dogs.

That's what I like a perry he hoses Down these reports until its a done deal.

Cameron said:
Jono said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Oi Drummerboy lay off Erin bro. ;)
Apparently Kelly Egan and a dogs board member both went of early and were telling people Foz was a done deal for the dogs.

That's what I like a perry he hoses Down these reports until its a done deal.

Cam, she might be hot but she really needs to get her sources up to scratch before anyone can really believe her. She doesn't want to become another Weidler.

Sumdumguy said:
We know one thing for sure, he won't be a Dog.

Be Manly Don't be a DOG!!

Erin Molan? My stepsons weren't too impressed with her when she went out with their dad a couple of years back.

She does look like she's dropped a few kilos since leaving WIN Canberra, to try and fit in with the Channel 9 Scrawny Crew.

bones said:
Clint said:
bob dylan said:
bones said:

Sheepishly put hand up.

No offence taken.

My point was that anyone could of had that opinion, which I did and I bleed maroon and white.

My reason was simple and totally wrong. I thought Kite King and Joe G were too old and I had been less than impressed with what I had seen of DCE, no half and no props I figured.

Kieran keen to see Stewart stay
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Kieran-keen-to-see-Stewart-stay/54334

Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran says signing a new, long-term deal with the club has been a huge relief and he's hopeful Brett Stewart will soon follow suit.
The star Kiwi wrapped up lengthy negotiations on Saturday night, committing to the club until the end of 2015.
"It's a great weight off the shoulders. It was playing on my mind for the last month or so, so it's nice to put that behind me.
"I tossed and turned on the decision. One day I was set on staying, the other day I was close to going.
"It was a tough decision but I'm glad I've made the right one."
Foran says negotiations were never about money but where he could best develop as a player, making his decision to stay a huge vote of confidence in coach Geoff Toovey.
In the end it was playing group and the team culture that tipped the scales for him.
"I love playing here, I've got a great passion for the club but the playing group that we've got here's a pretty special group and I hope to continue playing here for many years to come."
It's the same camaraderie that Foran hopes will keep fullback Brett Stewart at the Sea Eagles.
The five-eighth says he is keen to carry his combination with the "Prince of Brookvale" into the future.
"Me and Brett are very close," Foran said. "We've been in pretty regular contact throughout the negotiations together.
"Obviously he's a massive part in my game and he feels I'm the same for him.
"So we've been speaking pretty thoroughly about it and I'm hopeful that the club will get something done with him shortly."
Foran's signing punctuated a great weekend for the Sea Eagles, following a big 12-10 win over the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.
"Great win last Friday," Foran said. "I think the boys played really well.
"We just seemed to get back into the groove a bit, back into the grind, and play the footy that had us win the comp last year.
"I thought it was a good stepping stone last week and hopefully we can continue it."
The victory has Foran excited about returning to the field but his ongoing hamstring injury means his brother Liam will again step into the playmaking role.
Proud as he is to see his brother excelling, Kieran says his return isn't far off.
"At first we didn't think it was that bad," he said.
"But as we've tried to get some more movement on it, it hasn't gone to plan.
"So we've been working hard on it and we're hopeful for next week."

Napper said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Yeah he looks far from happy... Clowns.

Check the manly daily, kieran is the leak re snake lol

Sumdumguy said:
We know one thing for sure, he won't be a Dog.

Be Manly Don't be a DOG!!
[/quote]

Amen brother, how good was it to hear Stewie to say that, I was actually surprised.

From www.sportal.com.au

Stewart stalls on new deal

Worried Manly officials are desperately reassuring Brett Stewart they can plug the boardroom leaks that have spooked the star full-back from immediately signing off on a new three-year contract.

Despite reports on Tuesday that the No.1 had agreed a deal, Sportal has been told Stewart is yet to pledge his future to the club and talks remain ongoing.

It has also emerged Parramatta has expressed 11th hour interest in the former international, joining the Roosters and Dragons in the race for his services.

Manly remain hot favourites to retain Stewart but the player is becoming increasingly agitated over his contract negotiation being played out in public.

An intensely private person with a dislike for the media, the 27-year-old wants assurances all future discussions will be kept in-house before negotiations resume.

Kieran Foran expressed similar frustrations during his dealings with the club over a new contract, leading to a confusing chain of events last week.

Coach Geoff Toovey confirmed Foran's retention in an interview with Sportal on Friday - and on morning radio - only for chief operating officer David Perry to hurriedly send out a press release two hours later declaring no deal had been done.

They eventually trumpeted his re-signing late on Saturday night.

Foran is hopeful the Sea Eagles move quickly to lock up Stewart.

"Me and Brett are very close and we've been in pretty regular contact throughout the negotiations," Foran said on Tuesday.

"Obviously he's a massive part of my game and he feels I'm the same with him.

"I'm not sure if Brett's done anything yet so I can't answer on his behalf but it's a pretty special playing group here and everyone is very close.

"I don't think guys want to leave this club. They are very happy to hang around.

"I am hopeful that they'll be something done with him (Stewart) shortly."

After being caught in the crossfire of the Foran affair, Toovey was reluctant to declare the Stewart deal over the line.

He said: "It's still under negotiation.

"We're working hard to retain the players off contract and we're confident we can do that.

"All the players here are a tight unit and we're hoping we can keep that unit together."

The Sea Eagles remain confident they can retain the majority of their off-contract stars, although they will struggle to keep young prop Darcy Lussick and experienced hooker Matt Ballin.

There seems to be an issue with our players, about leaks, with their contract negotiations. I was wondering, if anyone knows, how the process is done?

Who is involved? Would the leaks more than likely come from people close to the players or the board?

It just seems like no matter what happens, its the boards fault.

is it managers floating figures to other clubs and then the news gets out?

The leaks are always that a player is CLOSE to re-signing. Makes sense to me it's the players manager putting it out there to try and get any last minute big offers from other clubs.
Brett Stewart has probably never said he is unhappy with any so called leak, just like Kieran Foran never said he was unhappy with the way David Perry handled the contract negotiations for him. Snake looked pretty happy in the dressing rooms after Fridays game if that video is anything to go by. More gutter journalism if you ask me.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6