Eagles flying high as Stewart stays, with Matai, Williams to follow suit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Perry also called BSB to clarify that the finer details had not been worked out yet, but very hopeful Snake will stay. Perry seems like he pays attention to the detail and his is quickly establishing a very good record. Wonder when the Dogs will make him an offer?

It's probably too much to expect, but surely the DT can now lay off the 'Perry has no support/is a crap negotiator' angle they have been driving since Zorba was punted.

The final straw in their charade was their backflip from lambasting Perry for not upgrading DCEs contract, to stating Perry was an amateur administrator that 'blinked' in the DCE negotiations, paid too much and had not left enough for the other key players!!!

I don't suppose the DT will run the line from Foran that he in fact found the negotiations with Perry to be professional and well managed, unlike the allegation otherwise that he had 'spooked' Foran and was likely to force him his hand to leave.

The salary cap works as it should.

Other teams cant afford to buy our stars as they are "maxed out" just like us.

In three years time I am sure I will talking about Brett in "Eadie like" reverence, gotta admit I am close to it now though.

I can just imagine the pain over at the kennel if this is true. On the subject of the kennel... They have a thread over there titled 'The Possible Signing Of Foran Superthread' ......PMSL. They were all so excited, mistakenly thinking Kieran was following the Despot over there. Now they say 'who cares' and 'we didn't want him anyway'. They didn't want him but they make a super thread about his possible signing hahahahahahaha. Now they are getting their hopes up over T Rex. De ja Vu anyone? I hope T Rex can deliver some more butt hurt to them soon.

This is practically a MIRACLE. Not even the most one eyed fans really thought this was possible.

There has been some great,quiet work going on amidst the din of disaster pushed by News Ltd press and others.

Great work!

this is great news. thank god we have a great team.

If we had a johns, lockyer, Thurson type stand out player who would have demanded one fifth of the salary cap we would have been in real trouble.

champion team beats a team of champions!

bob dylan said:
The salary cap works as it should.

Other teams cant afford to buy our stars as they are "maxed out" just like us.

In three years time I am sure I will talking about Brett in "Eadie like" reverence, gotta admit I am close to it now though.

I agree. Particularly Snake v Wombat.

This is pretty funny

@Cambo96: @GrillTeam http://t.co/I6SFMqjq hey Matty I thought you said there would be a mass exodus at manly with des gone.

@GrillTeam: @Cambo96 Maybe his comments forced Manly's hand?

@EagleRock11: @GrillTeam @cambo96 aw, how cute the Grill team think Matty has that much influence on the game and clubs. He entertains....that's all.

@Cambo96: @EagleRock11 @GrillTeam he was certain glenn & Brett were goin to the dogs, then certain Brett was goin to dragons then roosters

@EagleRock11: @Cambo96 @grillteam so is it Matty's sources? Or does he have no sources and guesses like every other joe blow out there.

@GrillTeam: @EagleRock11 @Cambo96 The stories have developed since we first reported them ie threats of legal action by Manly.

Weve got to keep Matai, we lift to another level when he plays. Along with Choc he adds the mongrel we desperately need. It really shows up when he doesn't play we seem timid at times. A must IMO.

Cameron said:
This is pretty funny

@Cambo96: @GrillTeam http://t.co/I6SFMqjq hey Matty I thought you said there would be a mass exodus at manly with des gone.

@EagleRock11: @GrillTeam @cambo96 aw, how cute the Grill team think Matty has that much influence on the game and clubs. He entertains....that's all.

@Cambo96: @EagleRock11 @GrillTeam he was certain glenn & Brett were goin to the dogs, then certain Brett was goin to dragons then roosters

@EagleRock11: @Cambo96 @grillteam so is it Matty's sources? Or does he have no sources and guesses like every other joe blow out there.

@GrillTeam: @EagleRock11 @Cambo96 The stories have developed since we first reported them ie threats of legal action by Manly.

haha nice one.. stick it up em Cambo.. classic. :p

I can hear the calls of salary cap cheats coming as we hold up the trophy in October.

They just dont understand mateship and team spirit still exists.

btw Ballin will be staying imo.

bob dylan said:
I can hear the calls of salary cap cheats coming as we hold up the trophy in October.

I agree, he is married to a Beaches girl and has a thriving business on teh Beaches as well.

bones said:
I can just imagine the pain over at the kennel if this is true. On the subject of the kennel... They have a thread over there titled 'The Possible Signing Of Foran Superthread' ......PMSL. They were all so excited, mistakenly thinking Kieran was following the Despot over there. Now they say 'who cares' and 'we didn't want him anyway'. They didn't want him but they make a super thread about his possible signing hahahahahahaha. Now they are getting their hopes up over T Rex. De ja Vu anyone? I hope T Rex can deliver some more butt hurt to them soon.

The chihuahuas are incapable of any further butt hurt- I am reliably informed (source of information: Rambo) that after the first few times, you start enjoying it!

Cameron said:
This is pretty funny

Matt Johns and the Grill Team what a bunch of muppets

bob dylan said:

Even Slothfield conceded yesterday that the comradery at Manly is second to none and the players are all extremely good mates.

Cameron said:
This is pretty funny

This 'legal threat' stuff is pretty funny.

Apparantly, Keiran is so concerned about the impact of Manly chasing up Des and the Dogs for contractual issues, that instead of just enacting his 2013 option and then joining the Dogs in 2014, he decides to add another three years to his stay as a Sea Eagle!!!

Do those (like the Grill Team and Dogs supporters) actually believe in this blackmail theory, given what has actually transpired?

firechild said:
bob dylan said:

Even Slothfield conceded yesterday that the comradery at Manly is second to none and the players are all extremely good mates.

He must've choked on it as he wrote it.

Not even worried about all the contracts finishing in 2015, by 2016 the Salary cap will be much, much higher as the new TV deal will be in action by then, won't it? Perry has also made our club much more attractive to sponsors which is why I think all the players are now much more capable of gaining those previously elusive third-party deals.

Where are all the leaches and journos now who have been death riding the Manly Team since October...All crawled back under their rocks.

Up your @rses all of u and Des as well

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4