Eagles Angels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In this current climate of womens sports and its popularity, along with the whole "me too" thing, it boggles the mind how anyone couldn't see huge value in having a group of powerful, popular female celebrities in your corner, working for the greater good of the club.
Fair enough and there is merit to what you are saying feathered friend .
I have a question . How many of the 16 NRL teams have a group of powerful, popular female celebrities in their corner ?

Y
The Angels were introduced to the club by the great man Max Delmege
Other way around. These sweet little girlies introduced the great MAN to the club.

Bozo, don't be that twit who mouths political correctness when you can't or won't understand an argument with which you disagree. These strong and powerful women were pivotal in saving our club when it was in very dire straights and should be lauded for it.

Our cheer squad do a lovely job, same job as every other team, but I would hope that if you had a daughter that you'd want her to aspire to be an Eagle Angel.

One more thing mate . If you don't find our Cheerleaders appropriate maybe we can take Saudi Arabia stance and wipe them out completely . How about veiling them as well ?
Happy Australia day :)
I never said that our cheerleaders were inappropriate... they certainly do have a role.
My comment questioned, in a lighthearted way, the validity & appropriateness of your implication that the Angels could be replaced by cheerleaders.
But to each his own

Fair enough and there is merit to what you are saying feathered friend .
I have a question . How many of the 16 NRL teams have a group of powerful, popular female celebrities in their corner ?

I dont know, or care.
The fact that Manly had such a group, and flicked them is my concern.

Last time I checked, we were not really in a position to be losing everyday supporters, corporates, or friendly female groups.

What ever side of the fence you sit on re this my view is it wouldn’t hurt if the club had some high profile women (or men for that matter) out there in the community promoting the club, raising its profile among the business sector etc.

I know Lyall has said in the past that it is on his road map to reinvigorate the Eagles Angels concept.

I never said that our cheerleaders were inappropriate... they certainly do have a role.
My comment questioned, in a lighthearted way, the validity & appropriateness of your implication that the Angels could be replaced by cheerleaders.
But to each his own
I have never implied that our cheerleaders were replacing anyone .

Other way around. These sweet little girlies introduced the great MAN to the club.

Bozo, don't be that twit who mouths political correctness when you can't or won't understand an argument with which you disagree. These strong and powerful women were pivotal in saving our club when it was in very dire straights and should be lauded for it.

Our cheer squad do a lovely job, same job as every other team, but I would hope that if you had a daughter that you'd want her to aspire to be an Eagle Angel.

I understand very well what i am talking about . You dont read my post very well twit

Last edited:
What ever side of the fence you sit on re this my view is it wouldn’t hurt if the club had some high profile women (or men for that matter) out there in the community promoting the club, raising its profile among the business sector etc.

I know Lyall has said in the past that it is on his road map to reinvigorate the Eagles Angels concept.
That would be a good thing . Unity is always good . It is a shame why Max and the Penns dont get on . I can also understand why the Angels did not work out with the Penns because they were in the Delmege faction . As you say Maybe Lyall can work something out .

I have never implied that our cheerleaders were replacing anyone .
@BOZO, you stated:
"Where did you get your facts on the Angels being the most valuable marketing tool ?.....
[Insert cheerleader picture]
God bless these Angels that do their thing rain , hail and shine "

To me that implies that you value the cheerleaders more & would readily replace the Angels with them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

@BOZO, you stated:
"Where did you get your facts on the Angels being the most valuable marketing tool ?.....
[Insert cheerleader picture]
God bless these Angels that do their thing rain , hail and shine "

To me that implies that you value the cheerleaders more & would readily replace the Angels with them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
In your mind you can imply what you like .

I understand very well what i am talking about . You dont read my post very well twit
Regardless or right of wrong, I point out that I was quite respectful in saying 'don't be that twit'. You, on the other hand, called me a twit. I am not a twit. A twit might have responded with "Too many roids this morning Boze? Got the anger issues? Might need to take a step back ol buddy!" But I am not a twit so I did not say that. See what I'm saying feathered friend?

Last edited:
ok @:rolleyes:.

I think that the Angels provided a very useful, beneficial role.
And I certainly agree that the cheerleaders too have their purpose.
I just don't think that they are substitutable.
Do you read my posts ?
Quote ....
Where did you get your facts on the Angels being the most valuable marketing tool ? . Whist we all appreciate and are grateful for their contribution to say that they are the most valuable marketing tool is going way , way over the top feathered friend .

God bless these Angels that do their thing rain , hail and shine !
I
I did say that we are all grateful and appreciate the Angels for their contribution
I did not say that the cheerleaders are substituting them .
You are assuming this in your own mind .

Do you read my posts ?
Quote ....
Where did you get your facts on the Angels being the most valuable marketing tool ? . Whist we all appreciate and are grateful for their contribution to say that they are the most valuable marketing tool is going way , way over the top feathered friend .

God bless these Angels that do their thing rain , hail and shine !
I
I did say that we are all grateful and appreciate the Angels for their contribution
I did not say that the cheerleaders are substituting them .
You are assuming this in your own mind .
Thought I'd read your post very carefully :)

Regardless of right of wrong, I point out that I was quite respectful in saying 'don't be that twit'. You, on the other hand, called me a twit. I am not a twit. A twit might have responded with "Too many roids this morning Boze? Got the anger issues? Might need to take a step back ol buddy!" But I am not a twit so I did not say that. See what I'm saying feathered friend?
I dont see the word twit used as being respectful to any one feathered friend . Try another word .

Yes he did that which was wrong but he was a man that did most things that were right . He successfully lead his country through World War Two , was a great motivator , famous for his inspiring speeches and a very resilient and tenacious character who never took a step back from Adversity .
Despite his actions in WW2 of which, would have amounted to zero had the US not become involved, he was far from the worlds saviour of that time!

Here is his "heroic" list ;
* He was a racist pig
* wanted to gas tribes in Africa and people in Afghanistan.
* Demanded rice from India (for the war) even though they were in severe famine
* Diverted a ship load of wheat from Australia meant for India to "put it in storage".
* Condemned Australian and New Zealand Soldiers to death in the ridiculous campaign of Gallipolli.

I was extremely proud when the Eagles Angels were formed, it was a massive statement, the fact that we were the first nrl club to start such a group. That most other clubs have now emulated their own form of the Eagles Angels is a huge honour to what they started. That is what makes it so hard to stomach that they were kicked to the curb. IMO the club took a huge step back when that happened and I still feel embarrassed about that

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8