Eagles and Des must fix two broken Turbos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
QUOTE="Woodsie, post: 1097964, member: 25631"]I didn't understand one goddamned word of that .... but I will fight to the death for your right to say it ......[/QUOTE]

Good!

I'm trying to confuse the locals and divert attention. It's too repetitive in here....

cat.jpg

Young kids who have nothing but passion for our club and community who constantly have microphones shoved under their noses looking for a click bait quote.

Yes they loved Barrett. Yes they are looking forward to playing under Des.

Wtf is the problem with people actually being nice and no matter what, not having a bad word to say about anyone?
Spot on @rifraff ! To those who are saying the Turbos should shut up, they can't help it if microphones are continually shoved in their faces. They are simply being nice, polite and honest - the way they've been brought up. Sadly the problem is other people haven't been raised like them and want to tear them down at any opportunity.

It's not in their nature to refuse to answer, nor say a bad word about anyone, and imho the criticism is unfair.

Thanks Woodsie - always appreciate your comments mate!
Just on Tom....could not agree more - the unfortunate thing that's been built into Toms game comes back to his success in the Holden Cup.
He used his long loping stride and deceptive pace to burn players by running across field which worked a treat against that poor defence which is unfortunately prominent in that grade......without seeing him in his junior days, can imagine would have drifted across field and scored at will....and is still a part of his game.
Now it crowds/stifles the attack and he looks far better playing direct (which is improving) - also the passing I put down to feeling he has to produce the big plays all day and needs to pick his moments a little more.

I still maintain that not having a proper or decent 5/8 for pretty much the whole of this season contributed to a lot of Tom's mistakes in attack. Because that lack of a pivot he was often forced to be in the line more as a play maker and that blunted his running game. Tom isn't a play maker and tends to overplay when he tries to be one. He's at his best as a runner, hitting gaps.

Hopefully having either LG or Hodko play #6 next year will allow him to get back to being the running fullback who was arguably the best in the NRL in 2017. We all saw how good his running game was for NSW this year, and we saw it in the two tests for Australia a couple of weeks back. We rarely got to see that at Manly in 2018.

Seriously, these two, along with DCE are our highest profile stars....every time the media want a quote they will go to them. I'd rather hear from them than Brad Parker or Frank Winterstein

Why is their opinion of a man they have spent 6 days a week with for the past 3 years stupid ? Is the opinion of silvertail posters who have never met the man somehow more informed and smart ?

and I have readily criticised Tom for his glaring mistakes, but I am able to balance that with the fact he tries his arrse off .... and I seem capable of doing it without the need to bag him .... Jake, love the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve ... it's what makes him Manly ... and again I know as he matures he will control that emotional side better ....

I know I am a dinosaur, and out of touch with the majority, but I just don't get the need to bag and disrespect Manly players just because they are not as good as I would like them to be .... it's not like they are Parra players who deserve all the shiite a gastric baboon could throw at them ....
Thanks for your view Woodsie but most supporters on here will share mine .
Most Manly supporters are smart enough to see what Trent has done to our winning culture and what direction our club was going under him . We don't have to sleep with him and have a few beers to base our opinions on the facts and not get tied into any emotional love affairs . The fans love affair is all about our teams performance and based on what crap Trent has served there is nothing to love about him as a Manly winning culture Man.
Let me make this very clear . Trent as a bloke is a fine guy but the professional world of sport is not a personality popularity contest . It is all about results . Trent grossly under achieved at Manly . The Manly fans don't hate Trent we hate losing and under achieving .

Whatever these boys feel about Barrett is one thing but I believe they must be stoked about being coached by Des. I was a kid during the Pepsi era and spent many hours in the yard recreating grand final glory against the dragons and rectifying grand final heartbreak against the Knights. I was everywhere. I was Toovey passing to myself as Cliffy and chipping to myself as the beaver who just gets a hand to it before the back tree line or dead ball line. I was Hasler coming from nowhere to smash Darren Albert aka my older brother into the compost bins before he could get it down. These boys would have been doing the same. Except it would have been snake to gifty who beats two defenders and chips back inside for his brother who scores next to the washing line. Smashing the storm in 08 and the Warriors in 2011. Those years would have forged the love the Turbo's have for the Sea Eagles. Who was coaching their team of heroes? Des Hasler. Now they are young men, playing with 1 and 13 on their backs for the mighty Eagles. Being coached by the man that won the premierships they dreamed of winning as kids and earning near a million bucks a year. I'm sure they are pretty happy and in a few months hopefully nobody will be talking about trent 'what's his name' Bartlett. Wasn't he that dude that played for St George that got slapped in the face by his coach? What's Peter Sharp up to these days? Oh wait nobody gives a sh*t

I still maintain that not having a proper or decent 5/8 for pretty much the whole of this season contributed to a lot of Tom's mistakes in attack. Because that lack of a pivot he was often forced to be in the line more as a play maker and that blunted his running game. Tom isn't a play maker and tends to overplay when he tries to be one. He's at his best as a runner, hitting gaps.

Hopefully having either LG or Hodko play #6 next year will allow him to get back to being the running fullback who was arguably the best in the NRL in 2017. We all saw how good his running game was for NSW this year, and we saw it in the two tests for Australia a couple of weeks back. We rarely got to see that at Manly in 2018.
Having no 5/8 last year was all our problems .If Green stayed or Hastings started there I bet we wouldve made the 8 and would still have same coach .Its not rocket science !,to be competitive you need TWO quality halves....

I always cringe when players talk to the press about things other than their performance following a game. Gallen started the trend with needing to have the last say and now players are starting to feel they should to enter the arena of club politics. It’s a mistake.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic grew up playing for the Mona Vale Raiders and dreaming of playing for Manly. Their love of the club was almost detrimental to their careers as rival clubs knew they would never leave. They signed four-year deals a couple of seasons back and gave no genuine indication they had ever looked elsewhere.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/af...t-s-not-just-about-money-20181103-p50duf.html

Do some research Weirdler, they grew Newcastle supporters - but i guess that takes some gloss of your "story".

I love how bulls**t stories start with “There will be the usual denials”!

Sure, they got on great with Trent but they aren’t peanuts.

He might be a mate but they’ve loved Manly their whole lives and when and where is Trent getting another head coaching role?

I also have it on good authority that their father wouldn’t want them to leave so as long as Manly look after them, as they are already, I’m certain they’re here for the long haul...despite “the usual denials” from Weidler!

There will be the usual denials, but there is a far greater challenge for Des Hasler and the Sea Eagles than luring Kieran Foran back to the northern beaches.

There is a rather long shadow being cast over the playing group by Trent Barrett. Manly’s management and Hasler will be trying to sell the club to two players who before this year seemed certainties to play out their careers with the Sea Eagles.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic grew up playing for the Mona Vale Raiders and dreaming of playing for Manly. Their love of the club was almost detrimental to their careers as rival clubs knew they would never leave. They signed four-year deals a couple of seasons back and gave no genuine indication they had ever looked elsewhere.

In past years, Jake would never have said a negative word about the club. But in recent times that has changed. He has been outspoken in his support for Barrett. And he wants to be coached by Barrett again in the future. This is not spin coming from the Barrett camp.

Tom feels the same. We’re sure Hasler can work his magic and get the brothers onside, but it is just another problem he needs to tackle – and he needs to do it as a priority.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/af...t-s-not-just-about-money-20181103-p50duf.html

Danny Weidler:
an amateur, incompetent, cowboy and piss artist of a journalist. The perfect synonyms of Someone who is bad at doing something!!

I think people raising one ill-concieved and inappropriate comment from Jake to a major drama calling for him to STFU etc etc is probably in the realms of looking for reasons to bag him ...

Just like your comment above ....you appear to believe Jake only likes Barrett because he made him feel good ...please! .... what an atrocious and belittling summary of a fine young man

and then you go on to suggest he is more attached to Barrett than he is to the club and fans ..... seriously, on the evidence of a couple of comments ..... it's almost slanderous and certainly demeaning to a fine young man that has never given less than 100% in a Manly jersey ....
I believe the entirety of my post was fairly balanced so I’m not going to get into a fight with you. I was saying his comments make him seem that way.

I think he’s a great young man and a terrific player but I think his comments are poorly thought out. I think the old truth of sometimes you’re better off saying nothing applies here.

They seem to gush about him at every opportunity and I don’t think it’s in the best interests of the club which is their employer

Important issue that I learned with people I respected going into management and then changing, was that when you associate with a certain group, you tend to take on their characteristics and see them from a different perspective to those looking in. I lost a few friendships through that when I was a union heavy challenging management decisions and those I'm confronting are old friends. One friend who I understood and knew was working for the interests of staff copped a lot of criticism especially because he had been a union heavy himself. I understood his thinking, others didn't. But the important thing was he was seeing things from the perspective of management but was trying to do the best for all. But he was considered a Benedict Arnold. The Trbojevics have had Barrett as their coach for most of their first grade career. He's obviously a nice guy in nature and probably tried his best at the job The Trbojevics will obviously stand by him if they feel that he has stood by them and naturally will see his point of view because that is the point of view they are hearing most of the time. I don't think they will lose that respect for Barrett, but I do think that their exposure to Hasler will broaden their perspective. They'll be lauding his efforts by seasons end.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8