Eagles and Des must fix two broken Turbos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Important issue that I learned with people I respected going into management and then changing, was that when you associate with a certain group, you tend to take on their characteristics and see them from a different perspective to those looking in. I lost a few friendships through that when I was a union heavy challenging management decisions and those I'm confronting are old friends. One friend who I understood and knew was working for the interests of staff copped a lot of criticism especially because he had been a union heavy himself. I understood his thinking, others didn't. But the important thing was he was seeing things from the perspective of management but was trying to do the best for all. But he was considered a Benedict Arnold. The Trbojevics have had Barrett as their coach for most of their first grade career. He's obviously a nice guy in nature and probably tried his best at the job The Trbojevics will obviously stand by him if they feel that he has stood by them and naturally will see his point of view because that is the point of view they are hearing most of the time. I don't think they will lose that respect for Barrett, but I do think that their exposure to Hasler will broaden their perspective. They'll be lauding his efforts by seasons end.
Very deep and very articulate post feathered friend .
The fact is Trent proved to be a personality coach and not a performance coach . No one can justify how a team of Elite players that have dominated this years rep and SOO games scooped as low as to wooden spoon level performances for Manly . Not having a 5/8 to compliment our Elite halfback was not the reason we could not compete . The Reason we could not compete was our Rookie coach lacked vision and creativity . Trent proved not to be proactive with his game plan or team selections. The players may have come out and said how much they love their coach but they certainly did not show any love for him on the field where it really mattered . I have never seen our team come out in the second half fighting for their coach after Trents half time "love /pep" talk but only to cave in like a deck of cards as the opposition always out enthused us and take another winnable game from us . The fact is Manly were consistently uncompetitive all season and forgot how to win . Fans dont mind seeing their team going down fighting but to see our team continuously surrender games was not Manly . How bad were we ? We were the wooden spooners biggest win of the season . Thats how bad we were .
Any Trent lover can make as many excuses like he did but the proof is in the performance pudding .
I like most Manly supporters am a realist in saying we did not expect Trent to win the comp but we definitely did not expect our team to pathetically crumble all year down the ladder . Not only were we not competitive, we were as embarrassing as the wooden spoon eels .
Manly Sea eagles have wings and were meant to fly and not slide down the ladder . History will always show that Trent was never meant to be a Sea eagle . Nothing Manly about Trent . In the end History will also show that Trent was a quitter and there is proof of that as well as his mediocre coaching results .
Mediocre is not Manly and Neither is Trent !!!
download (1).jpg

This is going to be unpopular.
The Turbos can basically go **** off if they want to.
The club needs these blokes to stand up and show some loyalty after a ****ing torrid year.
If they can't do that then they might as well crawl under Barrett's rock with him.
The Turbos unlike Trent who quit and decided to jump ship have shown loyalty to stay. You cant get more loyal than that

Once they play under Des and see a proper coach at work they'll see how much they learn and improve as a result. Media just grabbing anything they can to put doubt into Manly supporters.

The Turbos don't go looking for Journos to wax lyrical about Baz. They ask them the same questions knowing they won't say a bad word about Baz because they got along and even if they didn't they would be professional enough to deal with it because they are 100% class and more importantly 100% Manly.

Important issue that I learned with people I respected going into management and then changing, was that when you associate with a certain group, you tend to take on their characteristics and see them from a different perspective to those looking in. I lost a few friendships through that when I was a union heavy challenging management decisions and those I'm confronting are old friends. One friend who I understood and knew was working for the interests of staff copped a lot of criticism especially because he had been a union heavy himself. I understood his thinking, others didn't. But the important thing was he was seeing things from the perspective of management but was trying to do the best for all. But he was considered a Benedict Arnold. The Trbojevics have had Barrett as their coach for most of their first grade career. He's obviously a nice guy in nature and probably tried his best at the job The Trbojevics will obviously stand by him if they feel that he has stood by them and naturally will see his point of view because that is the point of view they are hearing most of the time. I don't think they will lose that respect for Barrett, but I do think that their exposure to Hasler will broaden their perspective. They'll be lauding his efforts by seasons end.

Beautifully written Bearfax. Perception is always stronger than reality and something I always impress on younger people I work with. It is all about managing perceptions and as you say, the Turbo’s will gain an invaluable change in perspective with different trainers and give them greater insights into the game, which in turn will make them better players.

In a game where coaches, teams and players change like the changing direction of the wind, if you're Jake or Tom, are being asked questions, and you KNOW whatever you say is going to be transposed, mis-communicated, mis-construed, I reckon not burning your bridges is the smartest strategy.

And that's what I think they are doing. Not burning bridges, which is the smartest strategy going.

That time Toovey got white anted by the club, it was made easier because he didn't have the support and backing of some players.

That being said, our players need to certainly pull their heads in. Absolutely no cliques. In 2008, and 2011, both teams looked like they were best mates.

The cliques started when DCE wanted an upgraded contract outside his present contract terms.

Brad and Frank might have nothing to say, which in this instance could be considered vastly preferable.

I reckon Parker’s quote would go something like this:

“I’m glad Barrett’s gone. He clearly didn’t have the chops to be a first grade coach. I was watching the replays of our last few rounds the other day and Barrett had played this red headed winger who dropped the ball more often than he caught it, tackled like a pensioner, had the awareness of Blake Ferguson and Josh Dugan on a Canberra rooftop and was about as fast as George Rose after winning a pie eating contest 4 years after retirement. That bloke’s not a first grader and neither is Barrett!”

Our stars can play and respond to good coaching. Their performances in reps games this year are testament to that. The T's are still very young men who will mature and develop into legends under the right tutoring. We now have the right people in control rather than the players thinking they are in control and the benefit to the players will be invaluable. I want the T's to play for Manly all of their careers and to become club legends. I believe they now have the launching pad that they need. To Penn's credit he is allowing Des to surround himself with the right people. I am really looking forward to seeing our boys go round next year. Exciting time ahead!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10