Eagles and Des must fix two broken Turbos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What have Tom and Jake said that DCE hasn't? All said Barrett was a great coach. All accepted he wasn't going to be there so supported Cartwright. All have said looking forward to Des.
DCE has never made a statement about what his bosses should or shouldn’t do with their money or called them childish for not wanting to hand over hundreds of thousands of dollars to a bloke that quit.

In the real world if I resign I can’t turn around and demand someone pay me out the rest of my notice if I want to leave earlier. It’s weird that we consider this normal. I payout would be normal if you’re forced out, not if you quit voluntarily

What a drama about fukkall .... but let us not let it go to waste ..... surely we can use this bullshiite article as a reason to come up with more **** to put on Tom and Jake ..... in the great Silvertails custom .... have a brainfart ... convince yourself it's true .... abuse someone for it .....

While we are at it .... what about that delusional prick Jamie Lyon giving Barrett a wrap ..... what would that washed out has been know about it .... bloody goose .....

Wow .... this is fun .... let's bag Tom and Jake some more .....

PSS ( Their old man will sort them if they ever need sorted)
Woodsie I don’t think anyone is bagging them for saying he’s a good coach or that they liked playing for him. No one bagged chez for that (or I didn’t see anyone). It’s the follow up stuff which shows a lack of understanding of how resignation works in the real world.

They should just leave it to their employer, not publicly speak out against them backing a coach. It’s normal in a business to make a person work for their notice period and if they don’t want to well then they can leave earlier and not be paid

It’s the reason why I believe Jake shouldn’t be captain, he’s too emotional. He seems tethered to Barrett because he made him feel good rather than to the club who pays him and the fans who support him

Look in the business world people have managers and leaders they love and team members are disappointed and say similar things when those leaders leave. But generally when a better leader replaces them in a matter of months the old leader is forgotten this will happen with Barrett.

I think people raising one ill-concieved and inappropriate comment from Jake to a major drama calling for him to STFU etc etc is probably in the realms of looking for reasons to bag him ...

He seems tethered to Barrett because he made him feel good rather than to the club who pays him and the fans who support him

Just like your comment above ....you appear to believe Jake only likes Barrett because he made him feel good ...please! .... what an atrocious and belittling summary of a fine young man

and then you go on to suggest he is more attached to Barrett than he is to the club and fans ..... seriously, on the evidence of a couple of comments ..... it's almost slanderous and certainly demeaning to a fine young man that has never given less than 100% in a Manly jersey ....

I think the media are twisting words to get the story they want. The turbo brothers are gentlemen and I don’t think they would bag anyone out. So when they are asked, how do you feel about Barrett leaving, they aren’t going to say “ yeah glad he is gone he is ****”, they just deliver a politically correct generic statement to not get anyone offside

So true . If only that loves transpired on the field . What was the result of the Trents half time LOVE pep talk ?
there wasnt much fight in them after Trent's motivational halftime speech ever (not like when I remember Des or Tooves would have them coming out breathing fire) ,it was more like he gave them a few reefers and read them some poetry

I think the media are twisting words to get the story they want. The turbo brothers are gentlemen and I don’t think they would bag anyone out. So when they are asked, how do you feel about Barrett leaving, they aren’t going to say “ yeah glad he is gone he is ****”, they just deliver a politically correct generic statement to not get anyone offside

Agree, but I think they have gone a bit further than they possibly should have .... but they are young and they obviously like Barrett ... but niether has done or said anything that would suggest to me that they wont be as equally committed to Des and Manly ...

They are great young men and learning the hard truth of social media ..... let no good intention go unpunished ....

I think people raising one ill-concieved and inappropriate comment from Jake to a major drama calling for him to STFU etc etc is probably in the realms of looking for reasons to bag him ...

Just like your comment above ....you appear to believe Jake only likes Barrett because he made him feel good ...please! .... what an atrocious and belittling summary of a fine young man

and then you go on to suggest he is more attached to Barrett than he is to the club and fans ..... seriously, on the evidence of a couple of comments ..... it's almost slanderous and certainly demeaning to a fine young man that has never given less than 100% in a Manly jersey ....
A Turbo should get bagged for saying something stupid.

I know they are a protected species on here, and people just gloss over, poor effort performances by Tommy, poor positional play, fundamental flaws in Jake's game at lock, the ill-discipline by the vice captain on field, when Jake rants at the ref, resulting negative impact on the team, heads dropping letting points in or him giving away penalties.

Other surnames wearing a Manly jumper, do half as much, and they get bagged for eternity.

Equality of baggings please.

Turbos continued love for the coach that is not coaching is just STUPID.

I posted this in another thread & I stand by it! I've reached the point where I find Jake T & Tom T quite 'peevish', annoying & too outspoken! If they so want to be coached by Barrett then so be it........ask for a release & follow him out the door. Prior to Barrett's tenure they were touted as superstars of the future, however over the past 2 years they've both dropped quite a few levels in superstardom under Barrett & if they do choose to leave will become one hit wonders just as others who have left Manly for greener pastures. This may sound like a 'dummy spit' but it's not. The club has gone thru turmoil these past years & now just as the club is starting to fight it's way back to the top, we have the Trbos opening their traps & causing friction. If they want to show loyalty then show loyalty to the club & again STFU. Jake & Tom (to a lesser extent) are the Stewarts MK2.........they'd be well advised to wind their necks in & support the club they 'supposedly' love! If not then go away.....there are others that can easily fill their shoes!

By:MADMAX- Yesterday at 6:11 AM

What worries me about the Trbos is that they're fast becoming like the Stewarts.......too much power within the playing group & holding the club to ransom with their opinions! It's fine to have an opinion but to bring up this loyalty to Barrett constantly can have an adverse affect on Desmond's loyalty to them?? No player or coach is greater than the club & the Trbos would be better off concentrating on next season & fixing the flaws in their on field performances rather than club politics. It's what caused tension & divided the previous playing group. STFU & be happy............you're a professional footballer not an administrator. Motivate your team mates with talk not the fu(king media......just sayin'.

• clear.png
    Agree X 11
They are entitled to their opinion. All they have known in their time at the club is dysfunction and frustration. They have watched our owners dismiss a club legend, install a rookie whom they bonded with and now we go back to a coach that started many of the problems that our team is dealing with now.

They are emotional and a bit over it and I suspect a lot of the team are as well.

Hasler is going to need all his man management skills to get everyone on board.

I suspect that once the Barrett situation is finalised, you will see all the players come on board and get back to business. Des will give them structure and some badly needed discipline and end the dissent and back biting from our players that has been a constant for the last 5 seasons!

A Turbo should get bagged for saying something stupid.

I know they are a protected species on here, and people just gloss over, poor effort performances by Tommy, poor positional play, fundamental flaws in Jake's game at lock, the ill-discipline by the vice captain on field, when Jake rants at the ref, resulting negative impact on the team, heads dropping letting points in or him giving away penalties.

Other surnames wearing a Manly jumper, do half as much, and they get bagged for eternity.

Equality of baggings please.

Turbos continued love for the coach that is not coaching is just STUPID.

Why is their opinion of a man they have spent 6 days a week with for the past 3 years stupid ? Is the opinion of silvertail posters who have never met the man somehow more informed and smart ?

and I have readily criticised Tom for his glaring mistakes, but I am able to balance that with the fact he tries his arrse off .... and I seem capable of doing it without the need to bag him .... Jake, love the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve ... it's what makes him Manly ... and again I know as he matures he will control that emotional side better ....

I know I am a dinosaur, and out of touch with the majority, but I just don't get the need to bag and disrespect Manly players just because they are not as good as I would like them to be .... it's not like they are Parra players who deserve all the shiite a gastric baboon could throw at them ....

Des will bring plenty but he is not signed as a magician.
Not sure what really needs fixing - these boys are Aussie reps on good money who know what needs to be done.
As for all the hype about being disgruntled ect ect....snore fest - these boys love it at Manly and regardless of some lame Manly performances in 2018, at times almost carried Manly on their backs.
There are some players who need to be fixed at EVERY club, at least get it right - the Turbo's are the least of our concern.
Before a footy is kicked in 2019, I can guarantee both will feature in the Top 3 players every game - shows the quality of these make believe stories!!

Not sure what really needs fixing

Like your post ..... but just on the above with Tom .... a large % of his clangers last year came about by taking the wrong option in attack .... going too far or throwing a hail Mary pass .... both the result of trying too hard ..... maturity and more patience will see his game back on track .... he will have learnt a lot (mentally) even in his short time training and playing with the australian squad... such as you can't do it all on your own ... it's not just a matter of doing your job ... you have to allow others to do theirs .... eg ... don't run Kelly into the stands .... give him the ball ...

So...how about the Turbo's announce that they like Trent...but only as a friend.

Then when the season gets under way....we all try to support the team equally. Instead of equal baggings...we all try no baggings. (LOL, never gunna happen)

You know what gets me laughing? A couple of weeks ago on here everyone was jumping up and down and trying not to piss themselves that Des was coming back .(not me) Now, because we read something a dickhead journo writes, just to stir up the slowly settling mud that is us.....we fire up and want to tear our own blokes new clackers.

Lets just kick back and watch Des work this magic you've all been assuring me he has. Actually...if the playing group are even half as emotionally unstable as the users of this fine forum....Des will have a big job on his hands! @:p

Like your post ..... but just on the above with Tom .... a large % of his clangers last year came about by taking the wrong option in attack .... going too far or throwing a hail Mary pass .... both the result of trying too hard ..... maturity and more patience will see his game back on track .... he will have learnt a lot (mentally) even in his short time training and playing with the australian squad.
Thanks Woodsie - always appreciate your comments mate!
Just on Tom....could not agree more - the unfortunate thing that's been built into Toms game comes back to his success in the Holden Cup.
He used his long loping stride and deceptive pace to burn players by running across field which worked a treat against that poor defence which is unfortunately prominent in that grade......without seeing him in his junior days, can imagine would have drifted across field and scored at will....and is still a part of his game.
Now it crowds/stifles the attack and he looks far better playing direct (which is improving) - also the passing I put down to feeling he has to produce the big plays all day and needs to pick his moments a little more.

Like your post ..... but just on the above with Tom .... a large % of his clangers last year came about by taking the wrong option in attack .... going too far or throwing a hail Mary pass .... both the result of trying too hard ..... maturity and more patience will see his game back on track .... he will have learnt a lot (mentally) even in his short time training and playing with the australian squad... such as you can't do it all on your own ... it's not just a matter of doing your job ... you have to allow others to do theirs .... eg ... don't run Kelly into the stands .... give him the ball ...

I agree....but surely once you have reached NRL level....you should have a pretty firm grasp of the basics? In the very least, you should be able to learn from your mistakes quickly and rectify them. Or does that come down to poor coaching?

I agree....but surely once you have reached NRL level....you should have a pretty firm grasp of the basics? In the very least, you should be able to learn from your mistakes quickly and rectify them. Or does that come down to poor coaching?

Agree ... he appears to be a slow learner ..... coaching has got a lot to do with it .... under normal circumstances over the past couple of seasons he would have probably been sent to Blacktown to think again ..... but with only 20 fit players and no real pressure for his position that was never a realistic option .. cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind ....

Just needs to relax and not try to win the game all on his own .... he is a ripper and will continue to grow as a player ....

Agree ... he appears to be a slow learner ..... coaching has got a lot to do with it .... under normal circumstances over the past couple of seasons he would have probably been sent to Blacktown to think again ..... but with only 20 fit players and no real pressure for his position that was never a realistic option .. cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind ....

Just needs to relax and not try to win the game all on his own .... he is a ripper and will continue to grow as a player ....

Yeah...I rekon you're spot on! Now...if only some people would substitue Trent for Tom in the above scenario (you have to use your imagination and factor in a lack of support from above...which put Trent in a worse position than Tom...considering how much support Tom received from Trent) you can see what a sh!tty year our ex coach went through...

JMO....

Yeah...I rekon you're spot on! Now...if only some people would substitue Trent for Tom in the above scenario (you have to use your imagination and factor in a lack of support from above...which put Trent in a worse position than Tom...considering how much support Tom received from Trent) you can see what a sh!tty year our ex coach went through...

JMO....

I didn't understand one goddamned word of that .... but I will fight to the death for your right to say it ......

I posted this in another thread & I stand by it! I've reached the point where I find Jake T & Tom T quite 'peevish', annoying & too outspoken! If they so want to be coached by Barrett then so be it........ask for a release & follow him out the door. Prior to Barrett's tenure they were touted as superstars of the future, however over the past 2 years they've both dropped quite a few levels in superstardom under Barrett & if they do choose to leave will become one hit wonders just as others who have left Manly for greener pastures. This may sound like a 'dummy spit' but it's not. The club has gone thru turmoil these past years & now just as the club is starting to fight it's way back to the top, we have the Trbos opening their traps & causing friction. If they want to show loyalty then show loyalty to the club & again STFU. Jake & Tom (to a lesser extent) are the Stewarts MK2.........they'd be well advised to wind their necks in & support the club they 'supposedly' love! If not then go away.....there are others that can easily fill their shoes!

By:MADMAX- Yesterday at 6:11 AM

What worries me about the Trbos is that they're fast becoming like the Stewarts.......too much power within the playing group & holding the club to ransom with their opinions! It's fine to have an opinion but to bring up this loyalty to Barrett constantly can have an adverse affect on Desmond's loyalty to them?? No player or coach is greater than the club & the Trbos would be better off concentrating on next season & fixing the flaws in their on field performances rather than club politics. It's what caused tension & divided the previous playing group. STFU & be happy............you're a professional footballer not an administrator. Motivate your team mates with talk not the fu(king media......just sayin'.

• clear.png
    Agree X 11
Des might have to introduce contact counselling.

That is where his fist comes into contact with their faces, if they don’t pipe down.;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8