Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Humphreys and co must be absolutely livid. Having been clobbered financially by the pandemic (which continues), the club is currently launching a (somewhat optimistic) campaign for membership commitments ... and now has to contend with this sort of publicity. They'd be spewing.

And yes I know about the presumption of innocence. Frankly that isn't of much help to Manly, especially in these Trumpian times where anything is true and nothing is true, its all the same.
Innocent or guilty, either way this story has dampened my enthusiasm for next year. This guy is one of our best and most high-profile players!

Des is known as the mad professor but he'll need to be a genius to get this squad back on track.

Humphreys and co must be absolutely livid. Having been clobbered financially by the pandemic (which continues), the club is currently launching a (somewhat optimistic) campaign for membership commitments ... and now has to contend with this sort of publicity. They'd be spewing.

And yes I know about the presumption of innocence. Frankly that isn't of much help to Manly, especially in these Trumpian times where anything is true and nothing is true, its all the same.
Innocent or guilty, either way this story has dampened my enthusiasm for next year. This guy is one of our best and most high-profile players!

Des is known as the mad professor but he'll need to be a genius to get this squad back on track.
Jeez mate when you are down and out we really are in a bad way because you of all people are usually pretty positive.

This is where Tom should just be quiet about the situation .... “out of character” is the worst comment he could of made. Fans are fed up with the continuous poor behaviour.

Dylan has been nothing but bad headlines the last few years for very little return on the footy field.

If proven guilty, seriously considering not renewing membership until the club releases him.
I dunno most on here love the guy. More that things change the more they stay the same. Dylan forever Manly never. From playstation to Dummy. Ha this makes me laugh. Its not the headlines that worry me Batty, its the reality that Manly has to reproduce the shovel. There is dead set plenty of s...t to be had at Manly. Sarcasm and anything else intended.

Jeez mate when you are down and out we really are in a bad way because you of all people are usually pretty positive.
Lol I'll get over it. The mind plays tricks on us, I'm sure by next year when I need a diversion from the exasperation and horrors of the world I'll turn my attention once again to our ragtag band of footy players for amusement. :)

I think most on here in their 60’s would echo my opinion in that from about 50 your body seems to take ages to recover from a big night .

In my 20’s you’d sleep to 1pm the next day and all would be fine.

Not much different in the 30’s.

When I was 40 I used to sit on my recliner chair and say “ I’m never drinking again”.

When I turned 50 that time on the recliner was often 2 days.

Now in my 60’s I have 2-3 beers ( mid strength) and I know I’ve had enough.
I was never a big drinker - never ever drank at home but after playing footy - I loved a beer or a rum and used to head out anywhere in Brisvegas on a Sunday night where beer would be served to partake - even the famous Beat in the Valley lol. But even after drinking litres of water when I got home before bed I would always have a massive headache the next day. So after winning a Grand Final in about 98 when I was 35 I just decided that I wasn't going to drink any more and basically to this day - I am 57 I haven't. Best decision ever. I played footy up until I was 43 and then Masters etc but never missed not having a beer.

At some point we need to say enough is enough.
I too have family and friends with mental health issues but as so much else these days its used by so many as a get out of trouble card too easily.
These young men are paid very well and at some point the circle of abuse and violence needs to end.
I have a close mate who grew up in single parent ****sville with a father who was violent and a mother who just didn't give a ****. He went thru hell from a very early age. Worked his way up with little education and is now a successful loving father of 4 kids in one of the most stable families i know. It was all on him. No one gave him a cuddle. No one 'supported' his needs. He decided his future and he made it happen.
Men like DW need to realise the amazing positions they have. Money in the bank. A stable income. Excuses just don't cut it anymore.

agree mate

That’s why I think Des will change the squad

Beginning with AFB and Dwalks and others
We over achieved in 19

Got screwed with Fainu this year and injuries

I think it was mark from Brisbane who said 21 contender and then 22 winner and dominance

I think Des is the dame thinking

don’t underestimate how much snake and others not being with the squad in the.Bubble hampered us this year

we will be ok

agree mate

That’s why I think Des will change the squad

Beginning with AFB and Dwalks and others
We over achieved in 19

Got screwed with Fainu this year and injuries

I think it was mark from Brisbane who said 21 contender and then 22 winner and dominance

I think Des is the dame thinking

don’t underestimate how much snake and others not being with the squad in the.Bubble hampered us this year

we will be ok
The caveat being “ injuries “ , we’ve had a horrific run so it must be time for the gods to look kindly at us !!

At some point we need to say enough is enough.
I too have family and friends with mental health issues but as so much else these days its used by so many as a get out of trouble card too easily.
These young men are paid very well and at some point the circle of abuse and violence needs to end.
I have a close mate who grew up in single parent *sville with a father who was violent and a mother who just didn't give a *. He went thru hell from a very early age. Worked his way up with little education and is now a successful loving father of 4 kids in one of the most stable families i know. It was all on him. No one gave him a cuddle. No one 'supported' his needs. He decided his future and he made it happen.
Men like DW need to realise the amazing positions they have. Money in the bank. A stable income. Excuses just don't cut it anymore.
Great post well said , I wish a few of our boys in the club would read this post.

Club needs to set an example. These boys need to realise it’s a privilege to be playing at the top level for manly that will be forfeited if they can’t meet minimal standards of behaviour. No dickheads policy required. I always say don’t beat your self up if you make a mistake but if you make the same mistake again and again give yourself an upper cut.

I think you will find that Roberts has only ever been sacked for poor behaviour. Not Arrested by police and then sacked.

In fact im sure the only time James has been arrested since he started playing professionally was on the Gold Coast and those charges were dropped.

He may not have been arrested every time, but the other incidents he should have been arrested for include smashing the window of a taxi (why Penrith sacked him), and spitting in the face of a barmaid (while at Brisbane). And this year was apparently his third rehab stint. He’s way past his second chance.

Now way Roberts is leaving Souths on personal grounds. He's leaving because Bennett has personal grounds.
How is losing an annual salary of $400,000 going to help Roberts' mental state? I can't see him getting a well-paid job as a RL commentator on Fox like Burgess orchestrated, can you?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8