Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"very out of character" eh, Jake? Clearly a good judge of horseflesh... (or at least just loyal to team mate i guess).
Great to see him standing by his team mate. Loyalty is a prerequisite for success in any team sport. The players do their best to promote the politically correct agendas of the NRL. Fortunately, the old adage of sticking by your mates still prevails with most of the lads.

I'm not quite with the "sack him now brigade"

That said he is off contract at the end of this season and I wouldn't be renewing him

Sniff around Crichton, lock him in early and let Walker and Parker go

I think most on here in their 60’s would echo my opinion in that from about 50 your body seems to take ages to recover from a big night .

In my 20’s you’d sleep to 1pm the next day and all would be fine.

Not much different in the 30’s.

When I was 40 I used to sit on my recliner chair and say “ I’m never drinking again”.

When I turned 50 that time on the recliner was often 2 days.

Now in my 60’s I have 2-3 beers ( mid strength) and I know I’ve had enough.
Oh yeah, I just turned 42 and I never have big nights out anymore. It’s a waste on so many levels especially with a ten and seven year old to parent the next day. I love my craft beer but only have one (heavy % IPA usually) an evening (and only if I exercise to earn it). I have a few more fri - sun but that’s it for me. Gotta be balanced with good food and exercise tho

This guy has been given plenty of chances. He’s an absolute drop kick and I don’t see any signs of him growing up any time soon. Get rid of him and begin restore our culture from the past please. Sick of these idiots at the club.

The moral of the story......if he would have gone to the mall and bought a fresh salad rather than a greasy sloppy pizza none of this would have happened!
You have choice in life and he certainly made the wrong one!

So, given all of that, I get a bit annoyed when some people then turn around and say that there is a "moral obligation" for the club to not only not sack him, but also to provide even more support for him than they already have
Don't get too annoyed because I don't think its 'some people'. More like one person ;)

The Sydney Morning Herald reports Trbojevic was visibly upset when he was told of the alleged incident after a Blues training session on Monday.

“I’m a bit shocked, it’s very out of character, I hope it didn’t happen,” Trbojevic said.

“I’m really amazed and shocked to hear about it.

“He does a lot, he’s a great player.”

The Herald also reports the club doesn’t intend on standing Walker down and wants to find out more details before deciding on whether any action needs to be taken.

"He's a great player" lmfao yep that makes it all good fool

The club has already financially supported and stuck by Dylan for five years, despite patchy form and long periods on the sideline through injury, suspension and off-field incidents.

This is now the fourth time that Dylan, as a very highly paid professional athlete, has ended up on the front page of the paper for an alleged off-field incident. Even for NRL player standards that is very ordinary.

Whatever the court verdict may be (and I am not prejudging), the club now has to deal with the consequences of this which include negative publicity, reduced ability to attract TPAs/sponsors, disruption to preparations, plus the resources it will consume to resolve this situation moving forward.

So, given all of that, I get a bit annoyed when some people then turn around and say that there is a "moral obligation" for the club to not only not sack him, but also to provide even more support for him than they already have. But even worse, I am concerned that it is exactly what the club will do.

We will agree to disagree feathered friend

A classic example of The moral obligation .....|

Jimmy the Jet
"With the support of Souths, I am working closely with professionals to get myself healthy and into a position where I can play my best footy and support my family," he said.

"Souths have been very supportive during this period, helping me to focus on the recovery from my pec injury and providing support for Anna, me and the kids."

At his best Roberts is regarded as one of the game's fastest men and a genuine representative strike centre, with Souths CEO Blake Solly backing him to return to the game's highest level in the future.

"We’ve held many discussions and meetings with James, his family and his representatives over recent months about a path forward for James," Solly said.

"James is an elite athlete and he certainly could play at the highest levels of the game in the NRL again.
"James and his family will always be Rabbitohs, and we will continue to support them as he looks to continue his career."

Don't get too annoyed because I don't think its 'some people'. More like one person ;)

I guess I am concerned that this kind of apologist sentiment (for someone who now has a history of off-field incidents) is shared by some people who make important decisions at the club.

After all... the club decided to re-sign him after his previous "incident" and resulting court case in 2019.

Jimmy the Jet
"With the support of Souths, I am working closely with professionals to get myself healthy and into a position where I can play my best footy and support my family," he said.

"Souths have been very supportive during this period, helping me to focus on the recovery from my pec injury and providing support for Anna, me and the kids."

At his best Roberts is regarded as one of the game's fastest men and a genuine representative strike centre, with Souths CEO Blake Solly backing him to return to the game's highest level in the future.

"We’ve held many discussions and meetings with James, his family and his representatives over recent months about a path forward for James," Solly said.

"James is an elite athlete and he certainly could play at the highest levels of the game in the NRL again.
"James and his family will always be Rabbitohs, and we will continue to support them as he looks to continue his career."
With respect Boz, James Roberts is dealing with personal demons and hasn't been arrested for the second time.

Geez, that would be going from the frying pan into the fire. Exchange a player who’s spent multiple stints off the field for dumb behaviour for one who spent most of this season in rehab. Yeah...nah.
Roberts suffers from mental issues......I don’t recall him bashing anyone or carrying on like a twat! No need to bag a player who publicly admits he is mentally fatigued.

"He's a great player" lmfao yep that makes it all good fool
You have failed to read between the lines
There was more said about him being a great player
Jake ...
“I’m really amazed and shocked to hear about it.
“He does a lot for others ...

Meaning Dylan has made a Mark on Jake of being more than just a great player ,
Deep down inside he is good human being who does a lot for others

We all have demons and some of us have bigger demons and than others
But with support and perseverance people change for the better as rehabilitation is a process

• 👍
Reactions: bSw

Jimmy the Jet

Did you really just cite the Rabbitohs as an example of a club that exhibits "moral obligations" when dealing with off-field issues?

Did you really just cite the Rabbitohs as an example of a club that exhibits "moral obligations" when dealing with off-field issues?
Completely. They are actually moving him on, but dressing it up as compassion.

Real compassion would be to retain him as contracted for 2021, and say use the off season for rehab or whatever you need to get yourself right. They have cut him loose.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8