Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly "al" lucinating...?

Such a terrible sleight on poor Manly Al.

shame woodsie shame!
Thanks for the diagnosis Doctor Global eagle .[ i am sure that is one of your esteemed titles ] Hopefully it is just a sleight form of al lucinating .

Thanks for the diagnosis Doctor Global eagle .[ i am sure that is one of your esteemed titles ] Hopefully it is just a sleight form of al lucinating .

I am a doctor actually.

Dr. Acula

8 years at Transvaal state. Go Bloods!

Usually pretty much with you Al, but seen that game totally differently....the Illawarra pack owned the middle from the outset and their tempo/energy was far more intense than Manly's.
The points that eventually were piled on were not really lucky, as it was inevetable we would crumble based on the dominance which as always starts from the inside out....the reason the points came in a flurry, was due to them getting on top enough in the guts and once taking out the middle pillars, the outside basically crumbles in time....well that's how I seen it.
Not saying that it was one of the Manly "s forwards better efforts and did not see any replays but my recollection was that Manly scored first through Thommo and for the first quarter at least were competitive in the ruck . Then the Manly turnovers and poor completion rates started happening big time especially in the 2 nd half , very limited time with the pill and were subsequently totally on the back foot and no chance of mounting any pressure , let alone any forward momentum . Dragons forwards did finish well on top but only after virtually dominating possession . Also just note D C E ' s misdirected pass , intercept try of Cust ., other lucky cross kick by their half back to Norman , think that there may have been another fortunate try off a grubber as well . Fair bit of luck involved with those one would have thought . Anyway much better effort against the Eels and ideally with A F B also returning tonight , Manly forwards will exert some real authority again to pave the way to another vital win .

Not saying that it was one of the Manly "s forwards better efforts and did not see any replays but my recollection was that Manly scored first through Thommo and for the first quarter at least were competitive in the ruck . Then the Manly turnovers and poor completion rates started happening big time especially in the 2 nd half , very limited time with the pill and were subsequently totally on the back foot and no chance of mounting any pressure , let alone any forward momentum . Dragons forwards did finish well on top but only after virtually dominating possession . Also just note D C E ' s misdirected pass , intercept try of Cust ., other lucky cross kick by their half back to Norman , think that there may have been another fortunate try off a grubber as well . Fair bit of luck involved with those one would have thought . Anyway much better effort against the Eels and ideally with A F B also returning tonight , Manly forwards will exert some real authority again to pave the way to another vital win .
I think Thommo's try after 5 minutes disguised a totally out of sync performance.
The fact Dragons "got lucky" was due to higher energy and the reason they got the opportunities to get lucky was owning the middle 3rd and off this...points WILL come.
In actual fact I feel this is basically Des gameplan week in, week out with the side available....to own that middle and let points accumulate on the back of this with what I would clasify "No Frills Footy", especially with the team we have due to a few key players out.....but against a hungry Dragons side who ran harder, tackled harder and upped the energy - simply out bustled and out enthused leading to a lateral, inept attack that was Monstered for the 80 minutes....on the back of this will be errors, attacking structure loses shape and confused and as shown.....the defence gets soft.

When Walker returns I think Cust keeps his spot, he's been great with his running game and in particular his short kicking game, something that Walker just doesn't have. So that leaves Walker to play left centre and drop Parker or Walker to Fullback and drop Elliott. But the way Des continuously ****s his team selections he will probably drop Cust

Cust just complements DCE so well. His improvement has added confidence to DCE and now DCE is playing much better. Cust has got to stay, don't know who to move on from our backline so we can fit Walker though.
Dylan is an in form 600k player. It’s not a question of whether he plays or not. He plays..Parker goes or Suli goes to wing. I’d do a straight swap for Parker. Suli is going really well at right centre.
Unfortunately I think Des will pick Cust at 14 Dylan 6. and keep Parker.

Walker to fullback when hes back... has all the qualities of a great fullback: speed, hands, strong running, linking game, lurking game.

When Tom back, Parker to go bench or wing... needs to bulk up and take that Gosi role of 2row / centre back up off the bench.

Parker has been competent but the Dylan extra speed out wide makes our centre pairing with Suli more formidable . Cust is a natural half and Dylan is a world class centre .
Yeah Dylan a gun centre at his best, at full strength I like to see hank take a edge bench spot

Walker to fullback when hes back... has all the qualities of a great fullback:
Except defence and positional play, the 2 most important attributes a FB MUST have.

On other notes: Scorpio cannot be dropped, Elliott is our best current FB replacement. Cust is a better 6 than Walker and deserves his chance...why extend him for 2 years last week if he is not going to get a chance at it? Although I prefer him at 7 and DCE at 6.
Scorpio won't last 20 min in the forwards.

At least Elliot can diffuse bombs.
The current high kicks to the corner have see Jorge's time as a winger pass him by.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2