Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The cowboys 6 had some freakish games in the juniors. Looked good last week. Add him to the list of dozens in recent times who haven’t been mentally scarred and had their careers destroyed by a couple of losses in first grade. Thst only happens when you cross the harbour bridge apparently.
These talented kids will have shockers for sure ( lets hope it’s tonight) but each game brings them and their team closer to being a force.

Last edited:
Because we aren’t Easts and aren’t permitted to sign an international in every position. Parker, Jorge and Reuben are doing their job.
Most of the other clubs don’t have a salary cap sombrero either but are working their young talent into the side. Depends what is the goal. If it’s getting blokes to simply do the job and being fringe contenders then our outside backs are fine.And without Tom beside them we just make up the numbers If it’s about starting to build a team that can actually win a flag then it simply pushes that goal down the track. It’s a decade since we won. Not very Manly like.
And when they leave to find new opportunities unless you have guys with freakish talent like Hoppa and Shuster coming through the ranks you will be trying to buy mediocre talent for overs.
The backline we have under the new rules and with the importance of the kick is simply not good enough.

Last edited:
  • 👎
Reactions: MRW
Cows have brought through a few young guns but take into account where that club is at. You know where they finished last year? And I think the year before was similar. They just sacked their coach! Clearly they are aiming at a bit of a rebuild/refresh.
Manly on the other hand finished strongly last year, we've been building a solid base, so we can bring in our new talent selectively and when they are ready to improve the side. The injuries we've had make it look as though the team is weak but our record against the top sides gives a better indication of where we're at, I think.

It is a story as old as Rugby League .... when our pigs dog it ... like against Dragons .... our halves and backs get smashed

When our pigs rip in like last week against Parra .... our halves and backs compete well ....

Why people think this narrative will change anytime soon is a mystery ...

Think that Dylan has been very consistent with his form and discipline since he resumed playing last year and will continue to be a key player to have in the ranks if Manly are to be a serious contender in the near future . Sure that he takes some pressure off Turbo when he is at 6 in attack because of his own threatening running ability also . Think that it is inevitable that Schuster will be in the i st grade mix sooner or latter , different matter with Albert with other factors in play there apparently but he side was rated a chance this year with a fully fit and available line up , is proving to be a bit challenging this season. and obviously just need luck on the injury front to maximize their opportunity and even with the players already on the books . .

It is a story as old as Rugby League .... when our pigs dog it ... like against Dragons .... our halves and backs get smashed

When our pigs rip in like last week against Parra .... our halves and backs compete well ....

Why people think this narrative will change anytime soon is a mystery ...
Don"t think that the forwards particularly let Manly down against the Dragons , actually had the Dragon"s measure after 20 minutes or so , was mainly just the regular turnovers , especially in the 2 nd half and some very lucky Dragons tries . Take your point about a pack that can at least hold their own or better still get on the front foot but again they were not the main problem recently against the Dragons .

Don"t think that the forwards particularly let Manly down against the Dragons , actually had the Dragon"s measure after 20 minutes or so , was mainly just the regular turnovers , especially in the 2 nd half and some very lucky Dragons tries . Take your point about a pack that can at least hold their own or better still get on the front foot but again they were not the main problem recently against the Dragons .

You're hallucinating

Dylan is a passable 6 but a gun centre. We need to be looking to the likes of Schuster to come into the 6 and move Dylan to where he is one of the best in the game.
That causes problems with the likes of Suli and Parker as Parker hasn't missed a beat in the opportunity he has, its just that Walker is a better option there

Usually pretty much with you Al, but seen that game totally differently....the Illawarra pack owned the middle from the outset and their tempo/energy was far more intense than Manly's.
The points that eventually were piled on were not really lucky, as it was inevetable we would crumble based on the dominance which as always starts from the inside out....the reason the points came in a flurry, was due to them getting on top enough in the guts and once taking out the middle pillars, the outside basically crumbles in time....well that's how I seen it.

A lot of our recruitment next year depends on where Des decides to play Walker and Schuster, also whether the likes of Metcalfe and Levi are kept. If Des sees Walker and Schuster as 5/8s then we should be looking to buy some strike out wide. If Walker is to play centre and Schuster back row then we need to be chasing a quality half.
Then comes the likes of Metcalfe and Levi, do they kick on or are they moved on?

Des is all about defence, and I don't remember Dylan ever being a sound defender, especially at centre when he gets isolated, has to make more decisions and make 1-on-1 tackles stick. The winger outside him also depends on his defensive decisions.

It is a complete guess, but I think it almost forces Des to move him to 5/8, because on talent alone he is too good to leave out of our squad.

Cows have brought through a few young guns but take into account where that club is at. You know where they finished last year? And I think the year before was similar. They just sacked their coach! Clearly they are aiming at a bit of a rebuild/refresh.
Manly on the other hand finished strongly last year, we've been building a solid base, so we can bring in our new talent selectively and when they are ready to improve the side. The injuries we've had make it look as though the team is weak but our record against the top sides gives a better indication of where we're at, I think.
Agree 100% Also let’s not forget we are still at around $13 to win the comp last I looked. I’d like to believe we have expert insight here at ST but I think our large scale betting agencies have a bit more riding on results than a few bruised egos on this forum. We are currently 5th favorite and a number of media “experts” had us winning the comp this year or at least the Smokey for it. Still maintain this comp is very close and any team can win when they turn up to play on the day. I just hope we turn up tonight and not the cows.

Belamy tried to make Inglis a 5/8 then came to his senses and put him back to the centres. Then Madge made him a gun fullback. Wouldn't be the worst idea to try him there?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8