Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A couple of Parra mates are pretty confident he could be headed west.
Since that due to Farrels injury he isn't going to Parra anymore, thus making room for walker.

Because Farrell and Walker would totally be demanding the same amount of money. I checked out the 1eyedeel thing, and they seem to have convinced themselves that he is coming with literally no evidence to support their claim, except their fatass CEO saying 'I would love Dylan Walker'. Then again it is similar to how we acted with Jack Bird so I shouldn't rant too much.

Because Farrell and Walker would totally be demanding the same amount of money. I checked out the 1eyedeel thing, and they seem to have convinced themselves that he is coming with literally no evidence to support their claim, except their fatass CEO saying 'I would love Dylan Walker'. Then again it is similar to how we acted with Jack Bird so I shouldn't rant too much.
Yeah but Buzz Rothfield said he's coming here!

Yes, Dylan is a good footballer I would love him on out team this year and along with Sam burgess and JT and .............
Manly really need to keep some $$$ in our kitty jar for the likes of our home grownish youth, Tom, Jake, Liam and Addison to mention a few.
I dare say are on minimum wage I would hate to see the DCE 2011! Fallout again! Come September when we are Premiers!

We have some seriously gifted athletes in our roster let's keep them!

Last edited:
I can't see how walker would be a benefit to our future? He is a centre! The only viable option would be Lyon to 6, walker to 3 and that would leave Turbo and Hiku fighting for a position, I don't think turbo will stay if he can't get a first grade spot and imo in 2 seasons time he will have a lot more to offer than walker!

I can't see how walker would be a benefit to our future? He is a centre! The only viable option would be Lyon to 6, walker to 3 and that would leave Turbo and Hiku fighting for a position, I don't think turbo will stay if he can't get a first grade spot and imo in 2 seasons time he will have a lot more to offer than walker!

If he is signed it is so he could replace either Lyon or Matai when they retire, nothing else. Which probably means he is coming in 2017.

I wouldnt be too worried that Walker hasnt succeeded at levels higher than first grade at this stage. Many an outstanding prospect has floundered at rep level initially. Even Bob Fulton had trouble early on at rep level and was even passed over for a fellow called Branson who was about the same age and outplayed him in a rep game. Branson went onto higher honours and Manly in fact tried to nab him, but he went to St George. That was fortunate because within 2 years he had almost disappeared and Fulton was in the test side. Dylan is only 21. Has a lot of developing to do yet.

Lyon is nearly 34 years old and is off contract at the end of next season while Matai is still contracted for 2017 and is a few years younger. I would suggest a potential new signing for 2017 would be replacing Lyon.

I wouldnt be too worried that Walker hasnt succeeded at levels higher than first grade at this stage. Many an outstanding prospect has floundered at rep level initially. Even Bob Fulton had trouble early on at rep level and was even passed over for a fellow called Branson who was about the same age and outplayed him in a rep game. Branson went onto higher honours and Manly in fact tried to nab him, but he went to St George. That was fortunate because within 2 years he had almost disappeared and Fulton was in the test side. Dylan is only 21. Has a lot of developing to do yet.
You could argue DCE has flopped at rep level but would we not want him..? We need them to be good at the level we need them to play at which is NRL which Walker is

You could argue DCE has flopped at rep level but would we not want him..? We need them to be good at the level we need them to play at which is NRL which Walker is

I'm not putting Walker down, I'm just answering to some who indicate he hasnt done any good yet in rep sides. Takes time. He's worth getting if he's on the market.

I'm not putting Walker down, I'm just answering to some who indicate he hasnt done any good yet in rep sides. Takes time. He's worth getting if he's on the market.
Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100% - just using DCE to illustrate your point that rep showings aren't everything...

Also Choc sucked big time when he had his early shot but we wouldn't have traded him for anything (until he was busted and worthless to us)

I spoke with a mate today who is a mad Souffs supporter and knows a few of their players thru his church. His information is that Walker won't be going anywhere. He will be given one more chance. Apparently Grant and McQueen are being shopped around

Does anyone have access to the Dylan Walker to be released article on the DT?
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
Dean Ritchie

NRL season 2016: South Sydney prepared to let Dylan Walker leave now if he can find another club

SOUTH Sydney will allow Test centre Dylan Walker to walk away from Redfern immediately if he can find another club for next season.

The Daily Telegraph understands several clubs - including Manly, Penrith and St George Illawarra - have held internal discussions about signing Walker.

The main stumbling block will be whether clubs have enough money under their salary cap for next season to secure him.

One source close to Walker said: “There are clubs waiting for the signal to start negotiating with Walker. Souths will let him go for next for next season should the right club offer the right money.”

A new deal could be reached before Christmas, perhaps even by early next week.

Souths are looking to ease salary cap concerns after this week announcing Sam Burgess’ return to Redfern.

The Walker situation is developing and manoeuvring daily. Walker has been spotted out and about enjoying Sydney’s social scene but there is no doubt he is a player of immense ability.

The Daily Telegraph attempted to contact all three clubs thought to be interested in Walker - without luck.

Dragons coach Paul McGregor and new Manly coach Trent Barrett did not return calls, while Panthers group CEO Warren Wilson is overseas.

Walker has one year remaining on his current South Sydney deal.

The Daily Telegraph revealed Walker’s plight at Souths late last month.

There has also been speculation forwards Chris McQueen and Tim Grant may be forced out of Redfern. McQueen has been linked to Gold Coast.

Walker’s position is also under scrutiny following the prescription drug scandal. Souths continue to investigate last month’s drug drama which saw Walker and teammate Aaron Gray taken to hospital with an overdose.

The Rabbitohs are being thorough with their investigation into the drugs drama. The club wants to ensure the matter is handled responsibly without a repeat of the messy situation at Cronulla with Todd Carney.

Barrett is a known admirer of Walker and the Sea Eagles continue to look for a five-eighth to replace Parramatta-bound Kieran Foran. Manly’s tight salary cap may have eased somewhat after hooker Matt Ballin signed with Wests Tigers.

South Sydney chief executive John Lee was unavailable for comment.

Just last week though Lee said: “It is important with your roster that you keep it fresh and you keep if fluid. If ultimately that will mean there is some movement well that is no different to how it has been the last few months, players have come and players have gone and in the fullness of time that will happen with every club.”

Last edited:
Yes a running 5/8 woohoo! Top 4 dot it down! Tom can wit another year in under 20s anyways surely he will play 10+ games with injuries

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8