Dylan Walker signs with Warriors for 3 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is now the umpteenth time in a match that Walkers been replaced through injury, it's now bordering on a possible chronic leg injury for Dylan. No doubt the Warriors are seeing this pattern also, and probably wondering if they're going to get the same value from Walker as what Manly are currently getting.

I'm in two minds on Walker. Agreed he adds a heap of spark and looks one of our most likely to make something happen.

However his injuries are a real concern these days. Feels like he has played on one leg all year and we know his history isn't good either.

In a vacuum, I'd rather Foz, Walker and 200k in salary cap room than DCE for the next two years, but that's a moot point.

But given the salary cap constraints and his injury issues i can see why Manly couldn't/didn't offer him a competitive deal.

This is now the umpteenth time in a match that Walkers been replaced through injury, it's now bordering on a possible chronic leg injury for Dylan. No doubt the Warriors are seeing this pattern also, and probably wondering if they're going to get the same value from Walker as what Manly are currently getting.
Are Manly really getting any value out of him though?Forget about his past with injuries and off field issues,they’re sitting ninth at the moment and couldn’t get within a bulls roar of those that mattered last yr,with this new role Des has him playing.I think his impact off the bench and in the middle is overrated.Do any of the best teams in the comp have someone playing the same role?

it would seem Des keeps picking him nowhere near 100% fit. U can hardly blame Walker.

Gutted. As everyone knows, one of my favorites. He picked up those reigns when Jamie Lyon left. Wish we could keep him and Foz (and Taupau - who was inspirational last weekend).

Gutted. As everyone knows, one of my favorites. He picked up those reigns when Jamie Lyon left. Wish we could keep him and Foz (and Taupau - who was inspirational last weekend).
A fully Focused and Fit Walker is a Fantastic player
Good luck to him and his Family

Good luck also to Foz and Fabio

Great Players come and Go
Let us always be Glad that Our legendary club will always remains Great because of our Great Manly culture feathered friend Ryan

I could be wrong but I think Manly might be very happy he’s leaving ( in an injury sense ).
Our club haven't got many wrong over the years hey. What some people forget is the current club is always in a better position to assess where that players at, with injuries or just age catching up. When it comes to older experienced players not every non retention is cap related.

June 2022 on the MWSE calendar. Very unsettling flipping the page from May to this...

Attachments

• 20220606_140412.jpg
    20220606_140412.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 69
Are Manly really getting any value out of him though?Forget about his past with injuries and off field issues,they’re sitting ninth at the moment and couldn’t get within a bulls roar of those that mattered last yr,with this new role Des has him playing.I think his impact off the bench and in the middle is overrated.Do any of the best teams in the comp have someone playing the same role?
He plays a very similar role to Isaah Yeo. He plays a middle forward that goes to the line and ball plays.

Jake just doesn't fulfil this role with any spark anymore. Things happen when Walker comes on. Obviously he is playing injured but knows he needs to be out there rather than sitting on the side lines for weeks.

He was easily one of the best on field again first half on Saturday night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4