Dylan finally free...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's true but the next 2 weeks will be the real test - against teams he's been at his fieriest.

Having said that, I'm so happy he's staying and has filled the problematic 5/8 spot really well. He seems to have turned his life around and I've turned my opinion around. Good on him!

Agree ... but he is at his best when cocky and competetive .... hope he gets a bit of the old attitude back .... on the field anyway ..

What do you think? Was reading in today's Sunday Tele that Manly will announce a multi million $ contract extension for Walker as early as this week? Sure I don't mind the extension but the contract would not ne more than 3 years you would think. Is he worth another $700K a season?

What do you think? Was reading in today's Sunday Tele that Manly will announce a multi million $ contract extension for Walker as early as this week? Sure I don't mind the extension but the contract would not ne more than 3 years you would think. Is he worth another $700K a season?
If DC is worth a mil, then that’s a good deal for Dylan

Interesting interviews, thank you @Mitch

Dylan seems cool, calm and collected, which is nice to see. I think he's grown up (as evidenced by him saying when he played at 5/8 in 2016 he was only 21) :rock:

Guess his contract talks are taking a while as, with his history, the club has to cover all bases :tmi:
Yes he seemed measured, even a tad humble in that interview. The off-field events this year would have affected him and I'm pleased he's come back and is playing good footy. No reason he can't go from strength to strength now, he would have taken a lot out of that slick move with Turbo last week..

Eagle epiphany: Walker ditches social media to improve focus on and off field
Aiming to be a better father, person and player Dylan Walker has taken himself off social media.

The Manly centre turned five-eighth had an epiphany earlier in the year while minding his young son, Leo, one morning.

"The reason I did it is when I was playing with son in his playpen and I found myself on my phone," Walker said.

"That’s when I felt like I had to check it all the time and update my current status. But I’ve put it behind me now and enjoy the moments with my family and friends.

"It does get addictive – they call it the old rabbit hole when you get stuck on one bit and just keep going."

Coach Des Hasler has not instructed his players to shut down their social media accounts.

"It’s a personal choice. Social media is such a big platform in society for so many people," Walker said.

"I think I’m going the other way. I used to love it; be on it; post a lot of stuff. But now I’m being 'in the moment' and enjoying them as they are. I’m a bit old school now."

So old school that when Hasler gave his players a couple of days off after last Thursday's 32-12 win over Wests Tigers, Walker, his partner Alexandra Ivkovic, Leo, and members of her family headed off to the snow.

"I’m not allowed to ski – I’d get in trouble [from Hasler]. But I really enjoyed it," Walker said.

"I just stayed in the cabin when my partner and her family went skiing and looked after my son with my mother-in-law. We had fun – went tobogganing … he touched ice.

"It just helped me clear my head for the run home."

Manly has one of the toughest journeys into the finals with the Raiders in Canberra on Sunday, then Storm, and finally the Eels – all top-eight sides.

Two of those – Raiders and Storm – have a history with Walker.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said laughing, before a video session at Manly's North Narrabeen headquarters on Monday.

Most Raiders remember the April 2017 match when Walker harassed a few players and then kicked a penalty goal in golden point to win the game 20-18.

"I know I’m not a popular man down there but that doesn’t bother me any more. I don’t really get too much involved any more [in banter] – well, some sides maybe I do.

"I like that confrontation because that’s what football is and I think fans love that. They come to see how hard you play your footy games, even if they come to boo me, that’s okay.

"The fans really love their team and want their team to win. Even if I have to play the villain a couple of times, it’s all good."

Walker said he was not as confrontational as he had been in the past.

I just want to play footy. It’s never been me starting it – maybe it looked like that I do – and maybe I did start it once or twice," he said.

"I probably have to keep my nose clean more these days."

Since being cleared of domestic violence charges in May this year, where he missed Manly's opening 10 rounds, Walker said he had not been sledged by opposition players. He received a fair amount of abuse on social media though.

"After games some have congratulated me on getting through it and say welcome back. That’s the great thing about rugby league," Walker said.

"After the fulltime whistle has gone you have that respect to each other. As long as you play the game hard, come off the field and respect each other, that’s all you can ask for."

Eagle epiphany: Walker ditches social media to improve focus on and off field
Aiming to be a better father, person and player Dylan Walker has taken himself off social media.

The Manly centre turned five-eighth had an epiphany earlier in the year while minding his young son, Leo, one morning.

"The reason I did it is when I was playing with son in his playpen and I found myself on my phone," Walker said.

"That’s when I felt like I had to check it all the time and update my current status. But I’ve put it behind me now and enjoy the moments with my family and friends.

"It does get addictive – they call it the old rabbit hole when you get stuck on one bit and just keep going."

Coach Des Hasler has not instructed his players to shut down their social media accounts.

"It’s a personal choice. Social media is such a big platform in society for so many people," Walker said.

"I think I’m going the other way. I used to love it; be on it; post a lot of stuff. But now I’m being 'in the moment' and enjoying them as they are. I’m a bit old school now."

So old school that when Hasler gave his players a couple of days off after last Thursday's 32-12 win over Wests Tigers, Walker, his partner Alexandra Ivkovic, Leo, and members of her family headed off to the snow.

"I’m not allowed to ski – I’d get in trouble [from Hasler]. But I really enjoyed it," Walker said.

"I just stayed in the cabin when my partner and her family went skiing and looked after my son with my mother-in-law. We had fun – went tobogganing … he touched ice.

"It just helped me clear my head for the run home."

Manly has one of the toughest journeys into the finals with the Raiders in Canberra on Sunday, then Storm, and finally the Eels – all top-eight sides.

Two of those – Raiders and Storm – have a history with Walker.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said laughing, before a video session at Manly's North Narrabeen headquarters on Monday.

Most Raiders remember the April 2017 match when Walker harassed a few players and then kicked a penalty goal in golden point to win the game 20-18.

"I know I’m not a popular man down there but that doesn’t bother me any more. I don’t really get too much involved any more [in banter] – well, some sides maybe I do.

"I like that confrontation because that’s what football is and I think fans love that. They come to see how hard you play your footy games, even if they come to boo me, that’s okay.

"The fans really love their team and want their team to win. Even if I have to play the villain a couple of times, it’s all good."

Walker said he was not as confrontational as he had been in the past.

I just want to play footy. It’s never been me starting it – maybe it looked like that I do – and maybe I did start it once or twice," he said.

"I probably have to keep my nose clean more these days."

Since being cleared of domestic violence charges in May this year, where he missed Manly's opening 10 rounds, Walker said he had not been sledged by opposition players. He received a fair amount of abuse on social media though.

"After games some have congratulated me on getting through it and say welcome back. That’s the great thing about rugby league," Walker said.

"After the fulltime whistle has gone you have that respect to each other. As long as you play the game hard, come off the field and respect each other, that’s all you can ask for."

Gosh. Just as well I don't waste my time on social media all the time. Hold on a moment. What was it that Woodsie just commented on. Hey Mark of Brisbane what's your view on Walker? Supreme Leader could you please explain your last comment...now where was I?

Dylan finally free...

He will never be "free" but lets hope he's a fair bit cheaper from now on...and I mean headline wise as well as his monetary cost.

I enjoyed the part where Dylan explained how Des is making the players watch video this season, and ithas played a big part in his transformation into the six.

He’s about the third or fourth player to highlight the fact. Video sessions have been around for decades now... it’s hardly groundbreaking.

What the heck was Barrett doing with them during the week last season?

Gosh. Just as well I don't waste my time on social media all the time. Hold on a moment. What was it that Woodsie just commented on. Hey Mark of Brisbane what's your view on Walker? Supreme Leader could you please explain your last comment...now where was I?

I am not sure that he's worth $700K a season. I think we are owed a payback from his misdemeanours and time of the field. Oracle was saying he's worth it, and will show better form coming into Semi's. I hope he's right, but if Oracle is spending this $700K for Walker and he does nothing, then I will stalk him.

I just read an article claiming that Dylan is willing to take a pay cut to remain a sea eagle. So maybe we get him at 500k. Joel and Walker taking unders and potentially the turbo bros too suggests the culture and playing group are rock solid. Now if we can just get cherry to give back a lazy few hundred then let the dynasty begin

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4