Dylan finally free...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/b7f08a38e20469aa75733dafe39394d5

Three months ago Dylan Walker’s entire career hung by a thread.

Now the Manly five-eighth is on the verge of a contract extension that can propel him towards becoming a 10-year NRL player.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned Walker is close to signing off on a new multi-year deal with the Sea Eagles, possibly as early this week.
The mere closeness of a deal being struck is a remarkable story for the 23-year-old, who only this year was beset by turmoil.
Walker was acquitted of assaulting his partner in May, lifting a playing suspension that saw him miss the first 10 rounds of this season.

Few would’ve predicted he would’ve been able to respond on the football field like he has.
His combination with Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans has developed into one of the most balanced in the competition.
Having joined the Sea Eagles from South Sydney four years ago, Walker’s contract at Manly was due to expire in October.

Along with club management, Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has purposely taken his time to assess Walker’s value while also accounting for his efforts to alter his life off the field.
By all accounts, Walker has impressed the club’s hierarchy with his willingness to repay the faith they have shown.

Walker has made no secret of his desire to remain at Manly — and it’s believed he’s close to achieving that goal.
“I’d love to stay here. Manly’s been good to me and I love the boys here,” Walker said recently.
“I spoke to Des at the start of the pre-season (about his future at the club) and bits here and there but it hasn’t been playing on my mind too much.
“For me it’s about going out there and playing good footy for my teammates.
“To be honest, I haven’t thought about it (the future) too much.

“I will leave that to my manager but I’m pretty optimistic.”
Walker was on $600,000 a year but can expect to take a financial pay-cut on his next deal.
“I’m still young and have a lot more football to go around,’’ Walker said.
“I want to stay. I love this club and the boys around it.
“I work hard at my craft. I’m 100 per cent dedicated.”

Walker will be a key figure when Manly travel to Canberra for a huge top-four clash with Canberra at GIO Stadium next Sunday.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/b7f08a38e20469aa75733dafe39394d5

Now the Manly five-eighth is on the verge of a contract extension that can propel him towards becoming a 10-year NRL player.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned Walker is close to signing off on a new multi-year deal with the Sea Eagles, possibly as early this week.
The mere closeness of a deal being struck is a remarkable story for the 23-year-old, who only this year was beset by turmoil.
Walker was acquitted of assaulting his partner in May, lifting a playing suspension that saw him miss the first 10 rounds of this season.

Few would’ve predicted he would’ve been able to respond on the football field like he has.
His combination with Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans has developed into one of the most balanced in the competition.
Having joined the Sea Eagles from South Sydney four years ago, Walker’s contract at Manly was due to expire in October.

Along with club management, Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has purposely taken his time to assess Walker’s value while also accounting for his efforts to alter his life off the field.
By all accounts, Walker has impressed the club’s hierarchy with his willingness to repay the faith they have shown.

Walker has made no secret of his desire to remain at Manly — and it’s believed he’s close to achieving that goal.
“I’d love to stay here. Manly’s been good to me and I love the boys here,” Walker said recently.
“I spoke to Des at the start of the pre-season (about his future at the club) and bits here and there but it hasn’t been playing on my mind too much.

Walker was on $600,000 a year but can expect to take a financial pay-cut on his next deal.

Walker will be a key figure when Manly travel to Canberra for a huge top-four clash with Canberra at GIO Stadium next Sunday.
Excellent news.. i wonder how much the deal will be. Id say 500k-550k

Under Des he is showing us and the rest of the nrl what he was always capable of.
Under Trent the whole team we’re subservient to this false ideology that winning revolved around 5 players and you could tell the players never bought into it
Now ! Des has us playing like the team we were always meant to be.
It was never Dylan’s fault as some alluded to on here so in my opinion it would be unwise for him to do a multi year deal for $450k a year
On the other hand that would work for a year then see if he is worth anything moving forward from next year

Seems incredible that he's still only 23 years-old. If he can stay out of trouble off the field and continue to put in, he's an asset. Guess Des can put a price on his value…

The try he scored, in front of Madge who flicked him from Souths, would have been extra sweet :nod:

walkerd-scores-a-try--celeb-1gp_8657.jpg

Walker will sign a shorter deal probably 2 years at $500, then still have plenty of time for a bigger contract as he is still quite young.

Been telling you numbnuts for a month we better sign him quick ..... because every week his value is going up ..... to Cowboys, Titans, Bulldoggies, StGeorge and others he is probably now worth about $7ook and going North .... if he signs for us for less then he likes DY and Manly and is doing us a favour .... we will need to start a "I want to shag Dylan thread" ....

I’d imagine he really appreciates the way Des was there for him in a crisis. Picking him up from the police station and shielding him from the press during the ordeal.

Compare that to how Barrett dealt with the Jackson Hastings situation and is it any wonder these players are prepared to stay at the club for less.

Then there is the area itself... I have a mate who has been in and around the game since he was a kid, and he always says that Manly will never be down for long because the area is a huge attraction for players.

Im waiting for a drunkard to write an article saying how walker and others all want out of Manly for more big paydays now thy are winning.

Great news

I like Sea eagles that can really fly !!!

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

He doesn’t seem to be carrying on like pest with his mouth getting in the way of his footy this season either.

Seems the incident earlier in the year might be worst and best thing that has ever happened to him.

He doesn’t seem to be carrying on like pest with his mouth getting in the way of his footy this season either.

Seems the incident earlier in the year might be worst and best thing that has ever happened to him.
That's true but the next 2 weeks will be the real test - against teams he's been at his fieriest.

Having said that, I'm so happy he's staying and has filled the problematic 5/8 spot really well. He seems to have turned his life around and I've turned my opinion around. Good on him!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8