Dugan & Ferguson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
I would say this has all been a deliberate ploy to get sacked so he can sign elsewhere.

Should be made to sit out the year by the NRL. How can it be fair that a club loses one of it's stars only for him to sign with another within a week or two. The NRL have to knock this on the head before it gets out of hand.

this what a Manly supporter just posted on FB,Just heard on the radio that Manly will be holding a media conference at 1.30pm today.

East still have $3,245,000 left in the cap to fit him in.
Expect him to be training with them Monday morning.

DUFFMAN said:
East still have $3,245,000 left in the cap to fit him in.
Expect him to be training with them Monday morning.

Dont you just love Ian Schubert. He can lend you his 'calculator'.

swoop said:
bones said:
I would say this has all been a deliberate ploy to get sacked so he can sign elsewhere.

Should be made to sit out the year by the NRL. How can it be fair that a club loses one of it's stars only for him to sign with another within a week or two. The NRL have to knock this on the head before it gets out of hand.

agree with both these statements. It certainly does appear Dugan had a hidden agenda and agreed there should be some "cooling off" period before he can play elsewhere.

Clint said:
swoop said:
bones said:

agree with both these statements. It certainly does appear Dugan had a hidden agenda and agreed there should be some "cooling off" period before he can play elsewhere.

Clint said:
swoop said:
bones said:

Furthermore, the Raiders are now penalised and lose probably their most talented player to another club who'll probably pay minimum wage as most clubs would not have exhausted their cap.

Off course he deliberately did this so he would be sacked.

Now that Schubert has set a precident with Falou and Brett no other clubs should be allowed to have a contract registered by the NRL unless he is paid the market price of imo between 350-450k or face a fine for a salary cap breach this year.

BTW The salary cap breach fine should be immensely larger than the one Manly copped as it was, according to reports, a minor breach.

Watch the double-standards in this case occur here under the guise that he might be lost to rugby union or afl.

He can't be prevented from joining another club because he only broke club rules, so he's free to join the Rorters or Dragons

He'll probably be snapped up by the roosters after doing one of Barba's 10 day rejuvenation rehab programs....Thank christ we have snake, don't think I could stand seeing the rat tailed bogan in a Manly jumper.

Agree with those saying ban Dugan from the NRL for a year. Let him go play bush footy & work for the local council.

Peter C said:
He can't be prevented from joining another club because he only broke club rules, so he's free to join the Rorters or Dragons

Sure he can join another club but as I said in my previous post, no contract that Dugan signs should be registered by the NRL unless he's paid the market price. An example is Falou when he was going to sign with the Eels, shcubert determined his worth and the eels missed out.

Should his history of off field bad behaviour and injury time be considered by a potential club when appraising his contract value? If so, I'd offer him about 80k tops.

Raiders were WAY better last year with Dugan out injured and Reece Robinson at fullback. Looks like they know it, too.

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/if-you-lose-your-trust-in-a-player-he-has-to-go-for-the-good-of-the-team-20130314-2g3w6.html

Josh Dugan put himself on the outer with senior teammates. Photo: Colleen Petch
ShareRead LaterAdjust font size
This week has been a circus and, to be honest, I'm just happy it's over.
Thursday's decision by the Raiders board was the appropriate action; as a senior playing group we directly supported it.
I woke up on Tuesday to a message on my phone about a meeting that morning for the senior players.
Advertisement

Immediately, I assumed something bad had happened so I jumped on the internet and there was the photo of Duges and Blake Ferguson on the front of The Canberra Times.
Of course I was disappointed. I was still filthy about the round-one loss to the Panthers and I knew the drama it would cause to our preparations for the Gold Coast Titans on Sunday.
When I turned up to training on Tuesday, I didn't expect to see Duges or Fergo, to be honest.
Obviously, we're glad Fergo did turn up because it showed us he wanted to be there.
Fergo has been stood down indefinitely from playing, but we also believe he's genuinely trying to turn it around.
This wasn't a one-off offence for Duges.
As a player in a team sport, you need to trust your teammates that if they are injured then they'll do everything they can to take care of those injuries.
It was only a week ago we were given a talk about media awareness and the dangers of posting offensive photos and messages on social media.
As a playing group, we haven't heard a word from Duges. I read in the paper there was an apology on Twitter, but a lot of the players don't even use Twitter.
It's inevitable that Duges will end up playing for another NRL club. It's frustrating to think that a Canberra junior could be playing for another team and possibly carving us up. He's a weapon when he wants to be.
There has been media speculation that this all occurred because of a fallout with the coach, David Furner.
Blaming the coach for your drop balls and missed tackles is the wrong path to go down and any player who is honest with himself would agree.
If you have a problem with a coach, you talk with senior players and something gets done on your behalf.
There's always consistent communication in clubs about those types of things.
But if you're dropping balls, not in position defensively and so on, don't blame the coach.
It's about showing character. The Sharkies had a worse week than us last week and still came out and beat the Titans.
I'm not concerned about the season ahead.
Duges could have been the Raiders and NSW fullback forever, but he's had a rough couple of years in terms of form and injury.
We've got a ready-made replacement at fullback in Reece Robinson.
Our attack with Reece at fullback last year was arguably the best attacking combination we had for the season.
Reece puts in every day at training on the field so we're more than happy to have him there.
Our whole team mentality in the pre-season has been about putting the squad first ahead of individuals.
You need your whole team firing and if you're looking for just one player to produce the goods, that's a losing formula.
David Shillington plays prop for the Raiders

Hopefully he'll grow up. Worse case scenario is that it's inspiration for another philosophical tattoo. Such is life.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6