Dugan & Ferguson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
They guy is a dope but the s**t he has copped from people he does not know has been pretty harsh. No surprise he said something dumb in retaliation. These guys probably should not be on social media.

My question is what would have happened if this idiot (the one that attacked Dugan) been at a pub say 30 years ago and said the sane thing:

This is my guess :
1. Drunk fan runs his mouth
2. Player puts his beer down and acknowledge who said it
3. Drunk still runs his mouth
4. Player lays him out
5. Player goes back to consuming his beer

Re: RE: Dugan & Ferguson

silvertail said:
Telling a raiders fan to off themselves and making out that he would give a fans wife a better root than he could is grounds enough to ban him.

Lol.

I don't think that having a go at people via social media is cause enough to ban him from the NRL. If people actually give a damn about things like that then they're idiots.

Hamster Huey said:
Garts, your last is the most pertinent point.

Players are generally targets whether they like it or not. Joe/Joanne Public loves nothing better to hurl abuse at high profile people when they are down, whether it's their own fault or not. Inflaming the situation is easy but the anonymous person you're going for is not who the media will report on.

Social media can be a poisonous place and if you're in peoples sights, just unplug it. You'll never win against keyboard heroes.

Agree. Nothing to be gained by being on social media, just leaving yourself open for abuse from dickheads.

The only reason he is on social media is to boost his ego and pick up slappas that prostitute themselves to footy players. Cold hard facts are always the most confronting.

Seriously people need to get a grip. Getting all worked up cause someone has a go at you through social media. It's the ultimate 100 yard hero example. Just turn off and ignore let alone responding and jeopardising a $2 million contract. What a moron.

I heard if Dugan's NRL career fails he's got work doing TV Ads for Roof Seal.
"Listen you mob, are you sick of unsightly Bogans landing on your roof?
Well, try Roof Seal, it will deflect 75% of all known Bogans. You'll feel just like The Don,
batting above your average!"

eagles2win said:
My question is what would have happened if this idiot (the one that attacked Dugan) been at a pub say 30 years ago and said the sane thing:

This is my guess :
1. Drunk fan runs his mouth
2. Player puts his beer down and acknowledge who said it
3. Drunk still runs his mouth
4. Player lays him out
5. Player goes back to consuming his beer

Ah...you must've been a regular at Penrith Leagues in the late 80's...was constantly amazed (and entertained) by the amount of pissed dick heads that used to step up to the plate to have a crack at blokes like...Tunks, Kelly (I can tell you I've not seen a better punch than one thrown by Peter Kelly at a bigmouth one Saturday night in the snake pit), Cartwright and Geyer (ok MG deserved some of it!).
With social media I believe if you wouldn't say it to someones face, don't say it at all. (I'm definately in the minority:-/)

Trouble is in this days society guys wouldn't go up 1 on 1 face to face, a group of them would hit from behind. Look at Jesse Ryder for an example of that

Society is full of cowards who delight in being antagonistic. The lengths that idiots from other teams go to (spending time doing 100 posts on here so they can then inflame opinions about one of our players) shows me what a childish lot they are. Twitter is worse with throw-away lines from the unthinking. I feel for Dugan in handling them. Most of the above from ST regulars covers it perfectly and players like him should avoid it completely. It seems a huge overreaction for his career to be destroyed because of something like this. Yes, he is stupid but he is young w/o years of experience in handling fools. At least Manly spends time in guiding our players.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Dugan just posted this

BGp4Mm9CAAAxABG.jpg:large
How did he post it under your username Berks? Does he have your password. Naughty Dugong.

The Broncos or any team that would have signed this clown would have become classic enablers of this knuckleheads behaviour.

Hope he has a drama getting a gig anywhere in the NRL for a long time.

The problem is there is no real consequence for clowns like Dugan. If the NRL bars him he will get more money playing French rugby.

conanu said:
And Brent Kite our fearless prop and all round good guy and non drinker is from Queanbeyan. Not to mention Brad Haddin, Mark Webber, Ricky Stuart, Matt Giteau and James Bloody Bond!! George Lazenby.

Kitey is actually not an example of a perfect cleanskin from Queanbeyan.I have no time for Dugan and his antics in general but Kite is actually a rare example of a young bloke who totally changed his outlook on life..Kite has spoken often about his drinking/fighting/hanging round with a bad crew as a youngster and look at him now. A great footballer and bloke. These dickheads should look to people like him for example and not blame the rest of the world for their lack of personal responsibility.

As for Dugan I am happy to see him get another chance after a lengthy suspension to realise what he has at stake. Let him start again in 2014 with zero tolerance going forward.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I probably missed exactly what he did since the rooftop incident, but from what I've heard he made offensive remarks.

None of the Bulldogs suffered any repercussions for their offensive remarks to a female journo after the grand final. Did they?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2