Pre-Game Dragons v Manly [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 12
WIN Stadium
30 Mar 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seibold said it will be decided at training today whether Talau plays. Also, he confirmed that Sipley will be on the bench.
Sipley was good in the trials.
Will be down on game fitness so listed minutes I guess.

‘I know a few of their weaknesses’: Shane Flanagan puts friendships aside as Dragons desperately seek bounce back against Manly​

A year with the Sea Eagles could help Shane Flanagan come up with the game plan to get the Dragons’ season back on track after a couple of heavy defeats.
Shane Flanagan and Anthony Seibold will put their friendship to the side for Saturday’s crucial game in Wollongong, with the Dragons coach desperate for his side to recapture the defensive resolve they showed in round 1.
“They had a really good attack coach last year so he did a really good job with them. The bloke that came in this year – Michael Ennis – he’s done nothing,” Flanagan joked.

“They’ve always been a quality team.

“I know their strengths and I know a few of their weaknesses, but it’s very hard to input all of that information into a playing group that just has to go out and do what we do best.

“If you start to get too worried about the strengths of Manly (you can get in trouble), so we should just concentrate on ourselves this weekend.”

Flanagan said he wasn’t focusing on the opposition after back-to-back heavy defeats
“I really enjoyed my year at Manly working with some top-quality people like Daly Cherry-Evans who I’d never worked with before,” he said.

“That was great, and it’s the same here. It gives me the passion for coaching and I love working with this group here.

“I’m not talking about friends tomorrow. We’ve just got to get two competition points, and I’ll do anything to get them.”

The rival coaches will probably catch up in the sheds after the game, but Seibold says pleasantries will be parked for 80 minutes.

“I’ve got nothing but respect for ‘Flanno’ but I’ll leave the chats until after the game,” he said.”

Saturday could well prove who the real Dragons are in 2024, with the Red V opening up with an encouraging win on the Gold Coast before they slipped back into old habits by conceding 84 points in their past two losses.
“We need to play like we did in the first game. We need to save tries and defend well,” Flanagan said ahead of a showdown with a team that can score from anywhere.

“All good sides are based around their defence, and we showed in the first game that we can do that and on the back of that score points.

“The last two games, we haven’t defended well. If you don’t defend well then you don’t win football games.”

We all come with strengths and Weakness
Every team has a weakness
Every team can be exploited
No team is perfect
Every team is beatable on the day

Just have a bad feeling about tomorrow
Think we will run into a completely different dragons outfit tomorrow
Playing down at the gong flano will have them primed and the last 2 week's heavy defeats will way heavily on the dragons

They are way too heavy underdogs in the betting market and no one is giving them a chance

dragons are pretty much full strength and we are coming off a short turnaround

This for me is a 50/50 game

Just have a bad feeling about tomorrow
Think we will run into a completely different dragons outfit tomorrow
Playing down at the gong flano will have them primed and the last 2 week's heavy defeats will way heavily on the dragons

They are way too heavy underdogs in the betting market and no one is giving them a chance

dragons are pretty much full strength and we are coming off a short turnaround

This for me is a 50/50 game
We will rinse ‘em. Go manly

Yes, if we are to be considered a top 8 side we should win this one and win it comfortably. Now is the time for the likes of Tom, DCE and Brooks to be clinical and put the Dragons to bed by halftime. I would expect us to be Infront by around 16-20 points at half time. I also expect us to go on with it and no clocking off or lazy plays.

Manly 42 Dragons 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8