Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Friday 22nd July 2022

Venue:
.... Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah, NSW

NRL Kick Off Time:.... St George Illawarra Dragons v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 6:00pm

FULL TIME SCORE

Dragons: 20
Manly: 6

295032441_10159895079240993_6457933179515561734_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

‘Happy’ Dragons fire up to take heat off Hook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone explain how the f**k Keppie keeps getting picked. He does fu*kall when he's on for his 20min then is gone with some injury week after week. Absolute waste of space.
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane... well, to be fair, he plays like Tarzan for verrrry short periods, on occasion, sometimes...

Place that game in the predictable losses category and evens out our good run through origin period.

I have never seen such a disrupted team list outside of an origin period and the injuries just kept coming.

I am not sure who is in our pack next week.

DCE proved tonight he is not a leader. He is a follower. He occasionally plays well when the team is going forward - playing well. But when the chips are down, when we’re in trouble, when we need a leader to stand up, that headless, useless Queenslander does absolutely nothing. In fact he does worse than nothing. He throws **** passes to people standing still. He kicks stupid pointless kicks. He doesn’t kick long. He runs backwards. He is a follower, not a leader.

Most disappointing thing (in a game full of disappointments) was Aloia limping off injured at the death. Tried his guts out tonight, our best by a wide margin.
yep! possible ACL and we lose our best forward for the year

so many fuking plodders in this side that wouldn’t get a start anywhere else

Schuster was appalling tonight and is a shadow of his former self, making him into a second rower and putting on 20kg is a disgrace

Game day thread never dissapoints 😂😂😂

Tough loss, we needed to win that one.

Shuster really needs to knuckle down if the wants to live up to his talent.

A lot of pot shots at DCE but I thought Foran was pretty ordinary.

We obviously missed Jake and Crokers defense but also definitely missed a hooker. Dessies whole plan of having DCE, Foran and Walker all covering there was ill conceived and made us disorganised.

Losing Ben and Keppie early plus having Olakau'atu play 76 minutes lame hurt us.

Will say I though Harper, Aloiai and Tuipulotu were good.

All in all a dissapointing loss and we should have been better. On to next week.

Last edited:
DCE proved tonight he is not a leader. He is a follower. He occasionally plays well when the team is going forward - playing well. But when the chips are down, when we’re in trouble, when we need a leader to stand up, that headless, useless Queenslander does absolutely nothing. In fact he does worse than nothing. He throws **** passes to people standing still. He kicks stupid pointless kicks. He doesn’t kick long. He runs backwards. He is a follower, not a leader.
No offence..but who is DCE following?

Place that game in the predictable losses category and evens out our good run through origin period.

I have never seen such a disrupted team list outside of an origin period and the injuries just kept coming.

I am not sure who is in our pack next week.
Under the circumstances, it wasn’t a bad effort. 20-6 wasn’t a true indication of the closeness of the game. People can complain about going left constantly, but we were far more enterprising in attack than those Drongoes (Drongo - anagram for Gordon - Bruce Gordon, their owner).

Just too hard to lose our three hardest working forwards so close to game day. However, we also didn't start the game with sufficient intensity.

We were crippled a bit by injuries tonight. Played with 15 for most of the match and Haumole was wounded most of the second half.

Schuster made a couple of errors, but also made a couple of try saving tackles - he just needs more game time. Harper was outstanding in defence & attack.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4