Dragons Show us how its done.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
While we are dishing out the "we had six players out" excuse, spare a thought for the dragons, they lose there two quality front rowers, easily the best at club level. They lose there two strike centres, they lose there 5/8 and captain .

They are playing one of the premiership front runners, not souths! and the cowboys have only 1 forward missing from there regular line up.

Then they lose there half back about 15 mins in. No dramas, the full back has moved to 5/8 and the hooker moves to half back. These guys then manage to control the team, move them around the park and they give the cowboys a mini touch up.

That is a quality side. Wont start bagging monaghs again as its been said enough, but over this weekend, both Moran at souths and Innes at saints have also proven themselves very capable half backs.

Wont start bagging monaghs again as its been said enough,
I must say this pleases me as the all this crap is getting more than tedious.

Your comments are good ones and highlights how Manly currently doesn't have a game plan outside of having a great back row. I will beat CW and say that this weekend is the real test ;) 8|

It shows the lack of depth we have.

It doesn't show that one player is the blame when we lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboys were really missing their 6 or so players that are out because of origin.

All this has shown that its not the half back or the props that get the team over the line

add to that the storm result - missing 2 of their star backs they struggled and couldnt beat the warriors who arnt a top team this year either, still with orford.

how??

dragons played an equally weakened side.

We played an almost full strength side

Id say it shows the salary cap is making the comp closer

you also have to remember that most of those st george players have seen plenty of first grade footy, it wasnt like it was a big step up for them.

Cowboys were really missing their 6 or so players that are out because of origin.

All this has shown that its not the half back or the props that get the team over the line

add to that the storm result - missing 2 of their star backs they struggled and couldnt beat the warriors who arnt a top team this year either, still with orford.

one of your best Fluff, agree, not sure why teams chase big name props and halves, they should all be out buying wingers!

1,6,7,9 are the key positions in any side.storm had 1,6 and 9 out,all great players.they got beat by 8 by a team who has ,with the exception of saints ,not been beaten by more than 8 all year and who have beaten brisbane at home..we lose to second last souths by 40-their biggest win in 25 years over anyone-please dont insult us by comparing those 2 results.

There seems to be too much reliance on BK & Beaver to move the team around the park. I don't know who to blame for this or what the cause is. They just lacked direction. I don't know that you can pick any one position as being more important than others, it comes down to each team and their way of doing things. We are run by the back row, our halves are distributors & kickers, not such a bad thing but there has to be a plan B if this becomes inappropriate. Stewy needs to keep building in confidence to run the defence as Ridge used to do (not hassleing his personal game though) and this will come with time & coaching, there is evidence of it happening, slowly.
Maybe the answer is to employ a Bob Fulton or Matthew Ridge on our coaching panel. Both were capable of playing as halves, runners, defenders, kickers & leaders where appropriate.

Duff, A Hooker, 1/2 back, 5/8 & fullback to some extent "steer" the team around the park (hence why they are called the playmakers).
I think our fullback is strong, we are weak in the Hooking role until Dunley comes on, our 5/8 is solid whilst not being outstanding......and that is as far as I go.
Monnas should look at his game from last weekend. I'm sure he KNOWS he can improve, and will do his utmost to do that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4