Dragons show the way ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You will certainly be better connected to the goings on at the club then i or others will ever be but you would think that very experienced and seasoned players in particular would be able to and unhindered in playing what was essentially in front of them and having the necessary application to do it reasonably well regardless of outside factors or general game day pressures . Foz has been doing it within his limitations on quite a few occasions this season , as for the unforced error rate , this was occurring for a good part of last season as well and could be just a confidence thing but we are talking about i st grade level footy players here . Anyway D C E was certainly better against the Warriors , Tom "s return can only help and maybe , just maybe , the defence can show some further improvement as well . Thought just the fact Elliott has been in the i st grade coaching scene for quite some time could bring at least some benefits in an assistant coaching role .
Elliott is probably a reasonable assistant but he ends up on the nose everywhere he goes.

Not yet... they were good yesterday but, like garrick, i need more evidence at this point...

Evidence of what ? ... the thread is about them improving and heading in the right direction ... in a short time with an average roster .. (which I believe 4 wins from 5 makes demonstrably manifest) .. not whether they will win the comp ...

Last edited:
Evidence of what ? ... the thread is about them improving and heading in the right direction ... in a short time with an average roster .. (which I believe 4 wins from 5 makes demonstrably manifest) .. not whether they will win the comp ...
Well in that case yeah I agree they are on the right trajectory... certainly better than some of their 'efforts' last year...

My 20 cents worth, they are a way improved outfit on last year. I know it’s early days and I also know that the red V can start a season well then drift, so we will have to check back later in the year, but.
A couple of key points to the improvement.
They Finally have a 9 and one that contributes to their D in the middle
They have picked up the pace of their game notably.
They have plenty of speed across their backline
A new coach and this is a big one as I think Mary was doing their heads in (maybe a bit like Des, over complicating the obvious) with his approach and Hook has changed that, it’s pretty simple to spot the changes and see the difference.
They are now a happy football side and they are feeding off it well.
Bird has added some much needed mongrel to their backline which has helped more than is noticeable, Lomax and Ravalawa have both bought in and their games have improved to the next level with the added aggression.
Hard to not see the positives, if they keep it up and keep finding improvement hard to see why they won’t be pushing for a spot in the 8.

Hook has also bought a device to keep Norman out of trouble....seems to be working so far.

ACCB66F1-DA7B-4885-97A6-D11F57D6A31F.jpeg

Matt Elliot is a goose but that’s beside the point...

Personally, I think Manly are mentally exhausted. Hasler is very demanding and it works for a little while but you can only go to the well so often before it runs dry. Hearing Daly say that he has been trying too hard and thinking about game plans and structure is a dead give away. You can try too hard sometimes and I think the entire organisation is a little guilty of that. Another dead giveaway for trying too hard is completion rates...ours have been terrible. That’s usually the result of playing with a clouded head. Too much going on, too much to think about.
I don’t know if you heard Cooper Cronk before our last game but this is exactly what he said.

He suggested Daly clear his head , stop worrying about everything else and concentrate on his game alone.

AND

I think last game he actually did that !!

Off the top of my head: Brad Arthur, Trent Robinson, Des Hasler, Shane Flanagan and Ivan Cleary.

Arthur has won spoons and taken the Eels to top 4 finishes. Robinson finished 15th with Chooks in 2016 and won comps in 2018 and 2019. Hasler struggled with us before winning two comps. Flanagan won spoons and then went on to win a premiership. Cleary was sacked at Penrith and had the Tigers missing the finals before taking the Panthers to a GF.

there are so many variables that you cannot simply sack a coach every time the team struggles.
Don't you just love facts! Thanks Snake!

Off the top of my head: Brad Arthur, Trent Robinson, Des Hasler, Shane Flanagan and Ivan Cleary.

Arthur has won spoons and taken the Eels to top 4 finishes. Robinson finished 15th with Chooks in 2016 and won comps in 2018 and 2019. Hasler struggled with us before winning two comps. Flanagan won spoons and then went on to win a premiership. Cleary was sacked at Penrith and had the Tigers missing the finals before taking the Panthers to a GF.

there are so many variables that you cannot simply sack a coach every time the team struggles.

Do you genuinely believe Des can lead this team back into the top 4 and win a premiership?
That is so crazy.

Don't you just love facts! Thanks Snake!
You do realise that you can apply the same facts to TB's chances of improvement don't you KW?

That was always why I didn't get the TB hatred... there are many other moving parts and no coach can succeed if the organisation as a whole is not effective - and one thing Manly has demonstrated over the last 7-8 years is that our organisation is an unorganised, back-biting rabble...

it's what makes the Toovey, and now John Morris, situations so frustrating to watch... those guys demonstrated an ability to have relative success despite being dragged down by the weight of the sh*tshow organisations chained to their ankles...

You do realise that you can apply the same facts to TB's chances of improvement don't you KW?

That was always why I didn't get the TB hatred... there are many other moving parts and no coach can succeed if the organisation as a whole is not effective - and one thing Manly has demonstrated over the last 7-8 years is that our organisation is an unorganised, back-biting rabble...

it's what makes the Toovey, and now John Morris, situations so frustrating to watch... those guys demonstrated an ability to have relative success despite being dragged down by the weight of the sh*tshow organisations chained to their ankles...
Yeah, I get what you are saying. To be fair, Trent is yet to demonstrate any prolonged period of success.

Last edited:
Good point. It would be bad - catastrophic is the word which comes to mind.
It's why I can't understand that players like Burton and Addo-Carr signed on without actually seeing how they go over the first half of the season this year.
How would they be feeling if the current performance levels and ladder position continues?
It's not like they wouldn't have clubs after them and needed to rush their decision.

It's why I can't understand that players like Burton and Addo-Carr signed on without actually seeing how they go over the first half of the season this year.
How would they be feeling if the current performance levels and ladder position continues?
It's not like they wouldn't have clubs after them and needed to rush their decision.
I imagine it was like - show me the money.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4