Dragons show the way ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Illawarra surprised me with their aggression against Newcastle. I tipped them to win but I expected it to be through their fast backline.
No. Their forwards were fantastic. It was old school thugby league, making it the match of the round.
I've never thought much of Hook. His speech reminds me of a cow cocky, but he has certainly turned around Illawarra, in the past three matches at least.
I want to know what he said to Paul Vaughn and Tariq Sims in the off-season. They are playing amazingly.
It wasn’t until Hook got punted from Penrith and ended up on radio, I found myself listening to him and started to appreciate his knowledge of the game and the simplicity in the way he put together game plans for each team. I was hoping he’d get the Saints job. I’d kill for a Lomax or three in our side.

Dragons have improved slightly because Corey Norman is off contract at the end of this year, he has adjusted his attitude temporarily towards his football until his new contract is signed and its back to being distracted and a nuisance. Looks like Hook has stirred them up into a bit of a frenzy and playing a bit dirty like thugs, a bit like the late Tommy R's old Wests Magpies. It won't win you a comp but it will earn a few wins. Flat track bully's for sure.

Dragons have improved slightly because Corey Norman is off contract at the end of this year, he has adjusted his attitude temporarily towards his football until his new contract is signed and its back to being distracted and a nuisance. Looks like Hook has stirred them up into a bit of a frenzy and playing a bit dirty like thugs, a bit like the late Tommy R's old Wests Magpies. It won't win you a comp but it will earn a few wins. Flat track bully's for sure.
Let’s see how they go v the top 4, that’s the benchmark.

I don't care WHY they have had a turn around ... fact is .. they have ..

Wouldn't care how we get a turn around .. I would happily take the players mother's offering them two bob for every try they score ...

As long as we HAVE a turn around ..

I don't care WHY they have had a turn around ... fact is .. they have ..

Wouldn't care how we get a turn around .. I would happily take the players mother's offering them two bob for every try they score ...

As long as we HAVE a turn around ..
I agree they look ok atm mate, but if they had played Roosters, Souths and Penrith already, I don't think we would be having this discussion and they would only be on 1 Win.....against Manly...

I agree they look ok atm mate, but if they had played Roosters, Souths and Penrith already, I don't think we would be having this discussion and they would only be on 1 Win.....against Manly...
Not if they had shown the same resolution in the way they played ... it is not the winning that is impressing me ... but the improvement right across the park ... as I said .. they are not contenders but they are heading in the right direction ..

Let’s see how they go v the top 4, that’s the benchmark.
Well said feathered friend !
With out a bench mark there is no gauge to excellence

Perspective on what the Dragons are really showing

round one 18 - 32 loss to the middle of the road Sharks
round two 25- 18 narrow win against the crippling Cowboys
round three 38 - 12 win against every teams bitch Manly
round four 22-13 win against an injury plagued Knights team

Not if they had shown the same resolution in the way they played ... it is not the winning that is impressing me ... but the improvement right across the park ... as I said .. they are not contenders but they are heading in the right direction ..
Woodsie - usually a fan of your opinion but can't buy into any Illawarra hype...that being said - they are competing far more than Manly across the board.
Apart from Manly - who do you feel Illawarra would have beaten out of -
Roosters
Souths
Penrith

Woodsie - usually a fan of your opinion but can't buy into any Illawarra hype.
Apart from Manly - who do you feel Illawarra would have beaten out of -
Roosters
Souths
Penrith

As I just said .. it is not their winning that impresses me ... and no, I don't think they beat top 6 sides .... it is the turn around in form of Hunt, Norman, Clune, Bird, Dufty, Sims, Laurie, Kerr, Vaughn etc and the energy that they are playing with .. some of those blokes have been MIA for years ...

Again, it is not hype .. simply a recognition that they are heading in the correct direction ..

Great logic, they must have just had an off night against Souths in the Charity Shield.

Great logic, they must have just had an off night against Souths in the Charity Shield.

Yes it is ... since the charity shield they have won 3 out of 4 games ... I think most people with a rudimentary comprehension of the English language would call that an improvement and heading in the right direction ..

Yes it is ... since the charity shield they have won 3 out of 4 games ... I think most people with a rudimentary comprehension of the English language would call that an improvement and heading in the right direction ..
the consolation as you say is
At least they are winning something more than we can do at the moment

It’s more than just the results or the teams they have beaten, there displaying upside, improvement and they are building on it, time will tell if they can continue the journey, this weekend should give a little insight. They are playing with a lot more effort and purpose than us, they have the advantage of building on it as opposed to us who have yet to dig our selves out of the mess we’re in, would a new coach, fresh approach have anything to do with it? Anyway I couldn‘t care less about the red V, but I do care about us and would like to see us employ some fresh approaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4