Don't deserve finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I'll support Manly regardless of where we finish, though let's all call it, Winning is what we love to see.
There are some justifiable facts with 3 front rowers and our Star fullback missing, but the blokes on the field look ordinary and a bunch of blokes thrown together who have never trained or played together, in fact the Dolphins in game 1 showed more cohesion as a unit.
Some of the defence from Tuilagi and Koula in particular was beyond pathetic.
The intensity to play the ball seems like we are waiting for the defence to have time to adjust in a training drill.....and the defensive line speed as per usual was stop and wait, but they added the icing on top by letting the Roosters simply stand and play the ball and not put the player on the ground like you learn in U'8s and apart from Oka and Jake who as per usual gave them the shoulder shots.
Some of these players don't look like they want to be there or have pride in the Manly jersey and it's getting frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
That's all on the coaching team. With our season on the line for 70 minutes we were putrid. Poorly coached, poorly prepared, and NFI.

I hope those that were screaming for the old guard to be dumped last year can see that change for change's sake is NOT the answer..... sure go ahead and fire Des and replace him with better BUT Seibold and dragon boy were not Better. not better by a long way.

Idiots......

That's all on the coaching team. With our season on the line for 70 minutes we were putrid. Poorly coached, poorly prepared, and NFI.

I hope those that were screaming for the old guard to be dumped last year can see that change for change's sake is NOT the answer..... sure go ahead and fire Des and replace him with better BUT Seibold and dragon boy were not Better. not better by a long way.

Idiots......

We have won as many games as last year, with matches still to be played.

I've been reliably informed that this is a results driven business.

We have won as many games as last year, with matches still to be played.

I've been reliably informed that this is a results driven business.
The fact is we were playing much better without Tom last year before Rainbowgate mate. numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Seibold is a terrible coach. anyone willing to offer the oppisite is lying to themselves.

Idiots......
Our problems are on the field not the sidelines… and we gave them all extensions…

Idiots......
well results wise they are actually better. Where did we finish last year under Des mate?

We don’t deserve finals footy, but neither will anyone from about 6 down. Should be top 5. The 8 team finals concept is for tv to have more post season games, and fair enough as they effectively pay the bills. However, teams 6-8 are generally just making up the numbers.

If we win enough games to make finals it will be because there are 9 REALLY SH^T teams in the comp…

We have looked like a country league team since round 8…
TBH how’s that different to any other year? Based on this logic perhaps the thread title should read “we don’t deserve to make the top 4, or 6”.

TBH how’s that different to any other year? Based on this logic perhaps the thread title should read “we don’t deserve to make the top 4, or 6”.
Agree… simply pointing out there will be no ‘merit’ in making the 8 the way we have played this year…

As @mosto said, top 8 is stupid and it should never have changed from top 5…

Idiots......
100% spot on.

I didn't watch tonight, but will say the score doesn't look TOO bad.

BUT, geez we look uninspired. Even in the two previous wins , we looked diobolical. I put that 100% down to a uncommitted, minds elsewhere, accepting any mercenary group of collective coaches I've ever seen pretending to be a Manly staff member.

We have a completely off the shelf prototype of what a 2023 forward is in the game. Makes us look slow, lethargic, lazy, fat, unfit, unmotivated. Bloody hell, even one of my favorites in Schuster looks like he's in slow motion (I constantly find myself tapping the remote to get him up to speed when he has the ball).

These performances are insipid. Unfortunately we go back to sub .500 winning percentage. If you can't win at least half your games, in my view, you're just dog****...and frankly, we are dog**** - hence the lack of motivation to watch (I actually pity people who pay real actual money to watch these unskilled park footballers trying to get around).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8