Donald gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Volley

Bencher
Scott Donald signs with Leeds Rhinos
Mon Jun 20, 10:44am (UK)
Source: www.leedsrugby.com
Leeds Rhinos have today revealed that they have signed Australian winger Scott Donald, 25, from the NRL?s Manly Sea Eagles on a three year contract starting from the 2006 engage Super League season.

Donald, who formerly played with North Queensland Cowboys and Parramatta Eels, is one of the most prolific try scorers in the NRL competition having scored 63 tries in 87 games. In his first season at Manly in 2003 he scored a remarkable 21 tries in just 24 games and has been the second highest try scorer in the NRL for the past two seasons.

Commenting on his signing Donald said, ?I?m really excited by the challenge of joining Leeds. I?ve have never been to England but I?ve heard from other Australian players how good It is to play at Headingley and in front of the Leeds fans.?

Donald will arrive in Leeds in early December and is likely to make his debut for the club in the traditional Tetley?s Festive Challenge on Boxing Day.

Chief Executive Gary Hetherington commented, ?Scott will join us at the height of his career. He?s an experienced NRL player, a proven try scorer with lightning pace and I?m sure he will be an exciting addition to our squad and the Super League competition.?

News sent by Leeds Rhinos

Personally I think that's pretty ****.

didnt he sign a 2 year deal last year?

We've obviously got someone in that position well within our sites or freeing up dosh for a certain blue-chipper. I don't think Donald is a huge loss but he did finally start looking for the ball last weekend.

good riddance. No huge loss.

If it frees up $ for someone with size as well as pace, we'll all be very happy.

*ducks for cover*

Duck will be missed in my view as he is a genuine speedster who can score a try out of nothing. The Auckland game this year and the Shark, Dog and St G games last year showed that.

With Alberts he could have been really something. I suppose he is being let go as he concedes a soft try for every two that he scores.

I will miss him but I am sure that the club must have something up their sleeve - unless Hoppa is set for comeback #456.

CW n a winger crusade again!.

Nah I wil miss him too, he has been a good and solid player

Will miss him.

But if we sign someone like Grothe,Berrigan or Bell I wont even notice that Scotty has gone.

Admin must have something planned or settled. None of our PL guys are good enough for NRL.

I just hope this won't be Alby all over again.

Couple that with Randal going, leului not signed, we may be going into june 30 with quite a check.

im not sure whether to believe this or not - The don was re-signed last year - surely for more than 1 year

He's been alright. But we can do and must get better.

He was contratced for 2 years. I doubt he'd have been let go if there wasn't some certainty of a replacement being a good thing.

In the words of that wonderful 80s popster, Collette:

"You can ring my .........."

It on the offical Leeds website fluffy. With his photo. They would legally be landing themselves in a lot of hot water if it were a prank.

BTW, with this news, I think we should have a non elimitnation round in survivor due to morning.

Perhaps he was released or a "trade" has been done. Who plays for leeds that would be of interest.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4