Dom Young

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Knights would be crazy to let him go,unless he’s asking crazy money,but they are trying to make room in the cap for Brooks and Tesi Nui,not that Nui would be breaking the bank
Brooks could well be gone there

There is no chance we will get Dom Young.
Especially not after his world World Cup performances.
The usual banked-up/backed-up clubs like the Bulldogs & Roosters- even the Dolphins will throw good money and him. We can't afford what his manager will be chasing now
We're a season too slow
But arn't all clubs on the same cap, are you trying to say that the salary cap is not an even playing field, surely not?

Young has been playing this way the whole year, world cup wont be changing too much.
More exposure and a bigger stage will help a lot of players stocks rise if they perform well in the World Cup matches.
Not everyone pays as much attention to Newcastle Knights games but, I agree he was playing well all year

Half the teams England have played wouldn't beat many NRL squads. I highly doubt as a winger his form would add to much to his market value
If you stand out in a National Team you will gain more interest from more clubs, regardless of your position on the field.
More bids for your services will increase your bargaining power.
Suppose just 2 more clubs become interested in Dom than prior to the WC. Now his asking price gets higher..
I appreciate that some of those opposing teams wouldn't knock off an NRL team but, more clubs will chase him if he shines for England.

You don't think Josh Ado-Carr has improved his stocks since the World Cup started?

But arn't all clubs on the same cap, are you trying to say that the salary cap is not an even playing field, surely not?
Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 12.44.06 pm.png

If you stand out in a National Team you will gain more interest from more clubs, regardless of your position on the field.
More bids for your services will increase your bargaining power.
Suppose just 2 more clubs become interested in Dom than prior to the WC. Now his asking price gets higher..
I appreciate that some of those opposing teams wouldn't knock off an NRL team but, more clubs will chase him if he shines for England.

You don't think Josh Ado-Carr has improved his stocks since the World Cup started?
Josh addo carr is already around the 700k mark a year. So in short my answer is no. Look I get what your saying and yes the interest in him as compounded since the world cup, in turn it may turn into a bidding war.. but, I don't see it being too much more than what he previously could of demanded. Let's see how he goes against quality opposition

Josh addo carr is already around the 700k mark a year. So in short my answer is no. Look I get what your saying and yes the interest in him as compounded since the world cup, in turn it may turn into a bidding war.. but, I don't see it being too much more than what he previously could of demanded. Let's see how he goes against quality opposition
Yeh sweet that's all I'm saying regarding Dom Young. His interest from more clubs will increase from the exposure of a bigger stage. I'm not trying to quantify 'how much'...
He's simply a player on the rise, and this tournament is not driving his price down

Shame as he would be a great fit but yes...500k for a winger is a no no in squad building IMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8