Does Parker / Suli hold their centre positions ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hasler plays the long game.
I cant see schuster in the halves for at least 12 months.
Not necessarily. He played 2 rookie halves in 2011 in Chez and Foran. Will hoppa started on the wing as a youngster. I would say he is more conservative than "plays the long game" Des doesn't like errors so it was easy for him to pick the guys mentioned above as they have always been safe. If Schuster doesn't have errors in his game I see him getting game time rather quickly... Problem is there is no reserve grade to test him out.

Not necessarily. He played 2 rookie halves in 2011 in Chez and Foran. Will hoppa started on the wing as a youngster. I would say he is more conservative than "plays the long game" Des doesn't like errors so it was easy for him to pick the guys mentioned above as they have always been safe. If Schuster doesn't have errors in his game I see him getting game time rather quickly... Problem is there is no reserve grade to test him out.

That last point is the biggest issue. Its going to be impossible for anyone like Cust or Schuster to force their way into the side on form alone simply because its only the NRL which will be playing. From NSW Cup down, they are all still suspended seasons. To get a run they are going to have to rely on either injuries, very poor form or Des rotating his bench.

If you want a 'no error' footballer then you'd never pick Schuster.
From what I've seen of him he is a 'schemer', always taking the attacking option rather than playing it safe. I see him as having a similar mindset to the great Cliffy, and I'm excited by his potential.
I agree but he is young and can learn when to be safe or go for it. Very excited about him

If you want a 'no error' footballer then you'd never pick Schuster.
From what I've seen of him he is a 'schemer', always taking the attacking option rather than playing it safe. I see him as having a similar mindset to the great Cliffy, and I'm excited by his potential.

I believe that you are right that he is risk taker and the comparison with Cliffy, though of course premature, is a worthy comment.

There is a difference between risk taker though and having mistakes. I didn't see many if any mistakes in his game when he was in the juniors (on TV of courses, I didn't attend the matches). Of course that could be good coaching to ensure others know what he is up to, like most coaches at Manly did with Cliffy, but coaches didn't do when he played rep football, thereby reducing his effectiveness at that level.

What I remember of DCE in lower grade matches before his rise to first grade, was that he also was a risk taker, with very few mistakes. So if that is the criteria for selection then Schuster is a shoe in (good nickname The Shoe).

But the little I've heard of Hasler's involvement with this kid, and the fact he was prepared to sign a two year contract with that talent, suggests Hasler will have him in first grade some time this year.

I think we will let suli go, run with Parker walker in the centres. Walker still has great pace and defence to play centres

I think we will let suli go,
Possibly could happen due to cap restrictions, but Suli is a talented footballer with just a few defensive glitches. If Walker was brought back to the centres, I think Suli could be very destructive on the left wing (don't know about his reliability under the high ball).

Possibly could happen due to cap restrictions, but Suli is a talented footballer with just a few defensive glitches. If Walker was brought back to the centres, I think Suli could be very destructive on the left wing (don't know about his reliability under the high ball).
100% I still reckon suli would be a better winger. Id put him on the right wing though, he carries the ball in the right hand and his destructive left palm would definitely suit right wing. He would be a Sivo/ Radradra type winger. Garrick is versatile enough to play both sides and in fact played left centre before being picked up by Manly.

Suli is actually a decent tackler, but has some bad defensive deficiencies....the first area has improved being more energy where he used to be that school yard player who gets excited in attack...but lacked energy defensively...definitely improved this aspect.
His decision making of rushing in and often not timing when to close down is a work in process.
Parker whether ppl like him or not , is a solid defender who has a good read and shuts down more plays than given credit for.

Suli is actually a decent tackler, but has some bad defensive deficiencies....the first area has improved being more energy where he used to be that school yard player who gets excited in attack...but lacked energy defensively...definitely improved this aspect.
His decision making of rushing in and often not timing when to close down is a work in process.
Parker whether ppl like him or not , is a solid defender who has a good read and shuts down more plays than given credit for.
I give Parker plenty of credit. I said last year he is the best defensive centre in the game. May not have the spark that some of the stars have but his hard runs and strong defence more than makes up for that lack of spark. Our left edge as a whole lacks a bit of spark but with Thommo, Parker and Taufua you would have to say it is the best defensive edge in the comp.

Many, many years ago when most of you were still a dream in your parents lives, I knew a young fellow at school who ended up playing centre for the Sea Eagles way back in 1970.

He wasn't very fast, but he was solid and an excellent defender.

He was shifted to the forwards to accommodate speedier centres such as John McDonald, Bob Fulton and later Ray Brannigan.

This young player was very similar in stature to Parker, both tall, strong, hard running, quite fast for a forward and an excellent defender. That player went on to become one of Manly's finest forwards. His name of course is Terry Randall.

Parker reminds me a lot of a young Randall. Tall, quite slender, tough as teak, reasonably fast, hard running and a top defender. For me I would have him in as Manly's lock, or on the bench, in an instant.

Many, many years ago when most of you were still a dream in your parents lives, I knew a young fellow at school who ended up playing centre for the Sea Eagles way back in 1970.

He was shifted to the forwards to accommodate speedier centres such as John McDonald, Bob Fulton and later Ray Brannigan.

This young player was very similar in stature to Parker, both tall, strong, hard running, quite fast for a forward and an excellent defender. That player went on to become one of Manly's finest forwards. His name of course is Terry Randall.

Parker reminds me a lot of a young Randall. Tall, quite slender, tough as teak, reasonably fast, hard running and a top defender. For me I would have him in as Manly's lock, or on the bench, in an instant.
Own up! You're just trying to open up a spot in the three-quarters for Jade Anderson :rofl:

Parker has great technique, but as far as contact "Igor" was up with the best of all time and his shot on West tough guy Dallas Donnelly had to be up with the biggest hits of ALL time.
Very good point you make though, as I believe Parker has played some junior footy in the backrow and though not a fast back....a quick foraward....from the Simpsons -
Homer Simpson - A very smart Ape, or a dumb human .....

Own up! You're just trying to open up a spot in the three-quarters for Jade Anderson :rofl:

Not Jade. I've lost confidence in him, though he may still come good. He's got the potential, just seems to be missing the drive and involvement. But you caught me out a little in that such a move would have a backline like Tom T, Garrick, Suli, Walker. Taufua (or Albert Hoppa) Schuster and DCE. But then that doesn't mean I'm trying to get Parker out. I've said all along that to me Parker is a potentially outstanding forward, playing in the backline

Parker has great technique, but as far as contact "Igor" was up with the best of all time and his shot on West tough guy Dallas Donnelly had to be up with the biggest hits of ALL time.
Very good point you make though, as I believe Parker has played some junior footy in the backrow and though not a fast back....a quick foraward....from the Simpsons -
Homer Simpson - A very smart Ape, or a dumb human .....

You are thinking of Igor at his best. He wasn't always that good. That outstanding tackling style developed over several years. That kind of toughness took years to develop to its optimum. I believe given the chance, and having noted his commitment and drive which are both very good, Parker could develop those outstanding Igor skills. Dont forget I knew Igor, before he became Igor.

You are thinking of Igor at his best. He wasn't always that good. That outstanding tackling style developed over several years. That kind of toughness took years to develop to its optimum. I believe given the chance, and having noted his commitment and drive which are both very good, Parker could develop those outstanding Igor skills. Dont forget I knew Igor, before he became Igor.
I respect the fact you knew Igor in the early days before he evolved, pretty cool stuff.
Still feel when Randall's name was mentioned the opposition were intimidated as he was more and enforcer, whereas even giving Parker time, feel he will be in the solid, reliable and well respected category.
No doubt Parker can tackle well and he also would be a great edge runner, which he has already scored some close range tries powering through the halves close to the line in recent seasons.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4