Does Parker / Suli hold their centre positions ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Parker was the most improved at Manly in 2019 and in fact , perhaps the NRL....not a speedster but reliable and plays hard with the bonus of some really solid defence.
Suli showed glimpses of absolute beast mode towards the end of last season and an X factor attacking option, though still a consern at times defensively and can lack involvement at times.
There is genuine talent in the Manly ranks with young Hoppa sure to be considered in time, though needs to get through some footy first....but if fit and healthy will push for a spot which may also be wing at some stage in 2020...super strong, fast and evasive - perfect (unproven) outside back/ fullback.
Young Schuster has plenty of time to evolve, but for those who support old enough if good enough, it applies for this bloke.
I have no doubt already high in the pecking order for a gig and this will only grow stronger through the season...he WILL play NRL at some stage in 2020...based on ability or the unfortunate injury and once in the 17, I can't see him being relegated as is his pure class and ability.
Plenty of other contenders out wide , but based on 2019 was personally very happy with both Parker and Suli, but a healthy situation to have such quality waiting for the opportunity to shine.
What's the thoughts - will this be the Manly centre pairing all 2020 ??

Certainly they should be the starting combo ... Hoppa and others will suffer from no game time in reggies to start the sesaon ... hard to push for a spot when you're not playing .... injury is their best hope ...

Des is known for unorthodox benches ... and not using them .... would not be surprised to see Schuster on the bench very early in the season and brought on in stages at 5/8 .... Levi's ability to play 80 will have an effect on many positions ...

Can you name a better option for either of them ?? If Walker stays at 6 then these 2 are locked in at centre as long as they stay fit. I don't perceive any of the back up options (Elliot, Smith, Funa or moving Garrick in one) offer anything above these two at the moment.

If a change is needed then I'd say most likely scenario would be Walker moving back to centre and someone new at 6.

Id say definitely until injury forces a change. I reckon Elliott is 1st back up and the likes of Hoppa and Funa will have to wait for injury or Jorge to be dropped. Schuster is an interesting one and can definitely see him getting game time sooner rather than later, whether it be on the bench, centre or 5/8

Id say definitely until injury forces a change. I reckon Elliott is 1st back up and the likes of Hoppa and Funa will have to wait for injury or Jorge to be dropped. Schuster is an interesting one and can definitely see him getting game time sooner rather than later, whether it be on the bench, centre or 5/8

Im really looking forward to seeing how he goes , and we need to get him in there somehow otherwise he’ll be poached by the Rorters.

Seriously, will this be a season, apart from being postponed for Coronavirus, be remember for anything? I doubt it will be recognised as a "real season". Therefore I think most teams will be about building for the next 4 seasons. I think that most coaches, not under pressure to keep their jobs, will be trialling positions for next year and the year after. I think there will be consistent change of position for our team as well. I really don't have a problem with this. At the end of the day most would agree that Taufua is closer to the twilight of his career, big question over Suli's longevity for either being head huntered chasing bucks, or doing something stupid, and then questions long term over 5/8 position.

Just my thoughts.

Seriously, will this be a season, apart from being postponed for Coronavirus, be remember for anything? I doubt it will be recognised as a "real season". Therefore I think most teams will be about building for the next 4 seasons. I think that most coaches, not under pressure to keep their jobs, will be trialling positions for next year and the year after. I think there will be consistent change of position for our team as well. I really don't have a problem with this. At the end of the day most would agree that Taufua is closer to the twilight of his career, big question over Suli's longevity for either being head huntered chasing bucks, or doing something stupid, and then questions long term over 5/8 position.

Just my thoughts.
This season will give excuses to whoever doesn't win but that will only last a year or two. The team that wins will remember forever. Ask any fan, "who won in 2007"?

For those that can remember Rounds 1 and 2 (I barely can) with Schuster lurking and Dylan not nessarily firing at 6 I think the disruption to the centres will come from other positions.

Do we think the centres connections with the wingers is strong enough to cement their centre psoitions? I can remember Killer and Skivvi feeding their wingers endlessly, not so sure you can say that about Suli and Parker.

On a side note, I guess its a blessing that Levi is getting more gell time on the training paddock seeing he is new to the setup. Gotta be a plus!

Schuster into five eighth, Walker back to centres. Hard to say whether Suli or Parker deserve to be cut. They have both been improving a whole lot. Suli has more natural talent, and his pure power is a massive plus. But then Parker is very solid, great defender, tries his guts out and seems very level-headed, both on the field and as a club-man. Also a proud local junior, which counts for a lot. Very tough call. On the scale of things, Parker's lack of natural 'x-factor' talent probably swings things towards Suli/Walker combo...but only very marginally.

Hate to burst the bubble on the Schuster love-fest that's going on ... but wouldn't you think that if for some reason Walker is moved back to the centres that it would be Crocker and then Cust who get first crack at 5/8? Provided they are fit.

Croker was the one who got the bench spot in the opening two rounds and when Parker went off for a (failed) HIA against the Chooks in Round 2, it was he who came on with Walks moving to centre. And he did look a lot more comfortable playing pivot than he did in the opening round subbing at hooker.

Schuster and probably Cust are probably going to have to rely on injuries or very poor form to play much first grade in 2020 (and even then you have to consider that for a centre spot, Elliot is probably next in line anyway). Its also a bit hard to force your way into the side when you're not even playing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4