Does Manly 2020 have that "Special" Bond ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
There is no doubt the best teams are made up with it's fair share of Star players, but there is nothing more important than a team with that tight bond, trust...just like the successful Manly teams of the past had and the unsuccessful didn't have....
There are Key factors lead me to this thread -

• There is pride in the Manly jersey again...it showed clearly in 2019 and particularly the big games where the side should have been given a shot at a GF spot.
  • The way we have the Trobovic bros Jake and Tom...with Ben now on the horizon, not just quality players, but great ambassadors that Manly are lucky enough to build around.
  • There is a healthy competition for positions in 2020, particularly the forwards who seem to be thriving on the fight, yet Huge respect among the playing group.
  • DCE who copped plenty of criticism over the years, has performed at a high level under all sorts of pressure and at times carried the team, also a great leader on and off the field and seems to have the respect of his Current team mates for good reason.
  • The senior players seem to have that bond similar to the 08 side and the youngsters coming through, yet to play top grade through have a bond and in fact, Olakau'Atu and Keppie are good mates who played some junior footy together - Schuster and Ben Turbo played together.
  • New signing Danny Levi was comfortable enough to be breaking out dance moves in his first session !!
  • The Dessie effect - A player like Dylan Walker who by his own admission has hit the cross roads a few times, has got his head space in the right place after building a special bond with the coach, who has the effect of getting players right "OFF field" which is the best way to bring out the true ability on it....and Des has his own unique style, which the players individually and as a team thrive on.

The entire squad appears to be enjoying ripping in as a unit and this brings back memories of that successful period between 2007 - 2013.....not trying to suggest this team is on the same level as yet, but the attitude and mate ship build the comradery required for optimum success.
There is the perfect mix of senior players and youngsters offering a combination of toughness, resilience, skill and the speed has improved across the park also.
Whatever happens in 2020, the team is a solid unit and really believe its an element required to be a True contender....and they are.

Definitely seeing similarities in spirit and attitudes to glory years of 08 and 11.
Maybe just one year off those achievements but the fact that most players are tied up for the future means we have that premiership window approaching...

This squad looks pretty tight. The change that has occurred in the last 12 months is quite frankly astonishing. We gone from being called a basket case to contenders. They deserved to have a crack against Canberra in the elimination final and probably would have beaten them. Another blunder that will haunt me just like SBW's missed forward pass in the grand final in 2013. The experience balance in our squad is good and we have lots of potential young stars on the rise. With some luck with injuries we will give this years competition a hell of shake. When they win the comp is when I'm prepared to compare them to squads that have won it in the past. Go Boys!

This squad looks pretty tight. The change that has occurred in the last 12 months is quite frankly astonishing. We gone from being called a basket case to contenders. They deserved to have a crack against Canberra in the elimination final and probably would have beaten them. Another blunder that will haunt me just like SBW's missed forward pass in the grand final in 2013. The experience balance in our squad is good and we have lots of potential young stars on the rise. With some luck with injuries we will give this years competition a hell of shake. When they win the comp is when I'm prepared to compare them to squads that have won it in the past. Go Boys!
The change is amazing but the change in coach had a lot to do with it - Barrett made excuses and it was always someone else's fault - the poor facilities - the ref - injuries - the Gladstone debacle. Des refuses to accept excuses and that rubs off on the players. They now refuse to accept excuses from each other. They play for each other and expect the highest of standards. A huge huge change in culture! There are NO cat ate my homework excuses with this team.

Maybe they need to get stuck in a lift for 2 hours like the Qld SOO side - that'll help with bonding

I’m sure there’s a bond between the players the majority have been together the last 2-3 years.Will go a long way this year on The playing park.

I’m sure there’s a bond between the players the majority have been together the last 2-3 years.Will go a long way this year on The playing park.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions .......we’ll maybe not always but eventually they will.

Everything seen in 2019 as well as a couple of different things in the off season says this squad has it. #Manlyhateu2.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6