Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
as @Buugee posted in the signings thread....

Despite being offered a longer deal, Ben opted for the one-year contract to test himself, with Manly's recruitment manager, Scott Fulton, confirming the utility had come to terms with the club.

Stuck behind Haumole Olakau'atu and Kelma Tuilagi for a starting spot, Burbo will fight to retain a bench spot throughout the season, before once again becoming free to talk to rivals on November 1st.

could we see Jake fold Burbo in couple of years' if Ben leaves?!?!?!

I can understand Burbo's reluctance to sign too far ahead. He wants to play first grade and if the cattle ahead of him become long termers then its logical he would look elsewhere. Hope he stays and develops further . Could make a pretty decent lock.

I can understand Burbo's reluctance to sign too far ahead. He wants to play first grade and if the cattle ahead of him become long termers then its logical he would look elsewhere. Hope he stays and develops further . Could make a pretty decent lock.
Or on the flipside if he has a breakout he could earn considerably more coin.

Id imagine he is backing himself rather then thinking about scraping a spot in a 17 somewhere

Or on the flipside if he has a breakout he could earn considerably more coin.

Id imagine he is backing himself rather then thinking about scraping a spot in a 17 somewhere

That’s it in a nutshell. I’m assuming we offered him 2-3 years modest contract. He would rather prove himself with the hope of a bigger contract in the future.

First Urbo to jump ship and go elsewhere? Maybe the cheque books are open and the pens are ready outside of the north shore area?

I'm not convinced he's NRL standard. He does have a knack for getting a quick play the ball which is always useful. He's handy on the bench given his versatility but at NRL you need to adding some sort of impact which I'm yet to see from him.

If he does end up seeing some field time this year it would be interesting to see him on an edge outside Shu given the combination they had in juniors, but Kelma rightfully has that left edge wrapped up so would only be through injury / suspension.

Ben should be challenging for a spot in the 17 for 2024 .Coaching staff should use him this year in some games off the bench .It's a long season and there will be injuries so there will be some game time for him this year .

Showed some good speed once in the open in some junior game highlights i have noticed , Should still have retained most of that but more of a grinding type of play for him since coming onto the i st grade scene . Still , sure that he can still stride out if in open spaces but again more of a grinding ruck role for him with his limited i st grade appearances so far . Has picked up his game also in general and with his extra bit of versatility , going to be there abouts or well in contention for a spot in the 17 on a regular basis

I said after the trial that he was showing that greatest of all attributes required by players ... desire ... his contract stance has just confirmed his determination ...

Don't know what his ceiling is ... but he is on a mission to improve ... Good luck and Godspeed to the lad ...

Showed some good speed once in the open in some junior game highlights i have noticed , Should still have retained most of that but more of a grinding type of play for him since coming onto the i st grade scene . Still , sure that he can still stride out if in open spaces but again more of a grinding ruck role for him with his limited i st grade appearances so far . Has picked up his game also in general and with his extra bit of versatility , going to be there abouts or well in contention for a spot in the 17 on a regular basis
Agree, but on the whole ml, it's a maturity thing, and Burbo is now a mature 1st grader.

I'm just thinking about how much he bulked during the off season. With another full season under his belt he'll do alright. Probably not superstar status of his brothers, but a solid week to week toiler.

I'm just thinking about how much he bulked during the off season. With another full season under his belt he'll do alright. Probably not superstar status of his brothers, but a solid week to week toiler.

You heard it here first ... Burbo will/May end up a rangy, mobile prop ?

Edit .. just saw @alafua siaosi post regarding him playing lock ... and that would work as well ..

Last edited:
When Lawton gets back to full fitness I think Burbo will have to drop back to 18th.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4