Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ps. This is an item from the latest ROAR site

I appreciate your point as well and your article of Burbo from the ROAR

IMO so far Burbo has not roared like a NRL dominating Lion

When he does I will be the first to sing his praises

Have another look, had a split second to catch and pass. He put it exactly where any winger would want it. Not something I expected from a guy who is 21 and built like Lerch.
I watched the try and any competent player would have made that pass IMO

The dominant 21 year olds that are built like Lerch are destructive runners and also make plenty of line breaks

Nothing destructive about Big Burbo as yet IMO

I appreciate your point as well and your article of Burbo from the ROAR

IMO so far Burbo has not roared like a NRL dominating Lion

When he does I will be the first to sing his praises
Neither has Veaga but you are happy to take Veagas 5 tries in trials vs reserve grade squad as a sign of the second coming.

I watched the try and any competent player would have made that pass IMO

The dominant 21 year olds that are built like Lerch are destructive runners and also make plenty of line breaks

Nothing destructive about Big Burbo as yet IMO
Agree to disagree.

Neither has Veaga but you are happy to take Veagas 5 tries in trials vs reserve grade squad as a sign of the second coming.
Really ?
Here comes the Perspective time feathered friend ...

If 5 tries in two trial games are so easy to come by
How come your super talented Burbo could not manage one ?

Have another look, had a split second to catch and pass. He put it exactly where any winger would want it. Not something I expected from a guy who is 21 and built like Lerch.
Tough bloke Lurch...
"Billy Smith broke his arm on my head ... I think most of the blokes heard it," John O’Neill said. "That’s the way it is out there - you win one, you lose one. You can't win 'em all.

"And you cop it sweet. In the papers they said Billy broke his arm when Gary Stevens tackled him. So that's what everyone thinks. No one squeals.

"I don't blame Billy for having a go at me. You've got to subdue the opposition. Believe it or not, I'm sorry he busted his arm. No one likes to see someone stuck out of the game for months."

Really ?
Here comes the Perspective time feathered friend ...

If 5 tries in two trial games are so easy to come by
How come your super talented Burbo could not manage one ?
Because he isn't playing left wing. Ray is a good finisher but his job is pretty simple, catch and bash. Ben made an impact in many situations that weren't created by those around him.

Hey Bozo. Mark my words. In 2 years, Jake will be done, his body will give up. The opposition will have him sorted. Not to marline his legacy- he should go down as a Manly great! His passion, commitment, heart on his sleeve motivation to the team. Ben will be there, he shows the same commitment & passion. He's 21, he'll still be playing with us when he is 30. He has that aura about him. He's there but not quite, his game was awesome on Friday night. Needs to back it up I agree but he has so much upside.

After what we saw from Fainu & Fifita it is unlikely that Ben will make the 17 consistently. They are both a class above.

Around here players tend to get written off too quickly and hyped too quickly.

There seems to be an insatiable appetite for the next shiny new toy and highlight reel players are valued over anything.

This is never more evident than the discussion and comparisons in this thread around Burbo and Fifita. Many are quick to proclaim Burbo as not as first grade standard and Fifita as a sure thing.

Yet Burbo is younger and has achieved more at this stage.

Now dont take this as me taking sides or proclaiming Burbo is better, my stance is that we have two young forwards at the very start of their career who appear quite talented, but remains to be seen if either can make it.

I'm backing both.

Most forwards take time. Olakau'atu, Paseka, Keppie, none are at their peak yet.

Issaiah Yeo took years and then bang, he was the best lock in the world. Cameron Murray had more reserve grade games (19) than Burbo (7) has had.

Lets let this play out with Burbo, support him and see how it pans out.....my feeling is we may be pleasently suprised. However it is no lay down misere.

On the same token lets please not overhype and expect too much from Fifita just yet based on a bench appearence in a trial. If he gets 6 bench appearences this year and does a job, its doesnt mean he is average and we need to jump to the next Flegg kid with hype, it just means he is developing.

Either of these boys could be a Jake or Olakau'atu just as much as they could be a Tarrant, Demetriou, Moorewood etc

Around here players tend to get written off too quickly and hyped too quickly.

There seems to be an insatiable appetite for the next shiny new toy and highlight reel players are valued over anything.

This is never more evident than the discussion and comparisons in this thread around Burbo and Fifita. Many are quick to proclaim Burbo as not as first grade standard and Fifita as a sure thing.

Yet Burbo is younger and has achieved more at this stage.

Now dont take this as me taking sides or proclaiming Burbo is better, my stance is that we have two young forwards at the very start of their career who appear quite talented, but remains to be seen if either can make it.

I'm backing both.

Most forwards take time. Olakau'atu, Paseka, Keppie, none are at their peak yet.

Issaiah Yeo took years and then bang, he was the best lock in the world. Cameron Murray had more reserve grade games (19) than Burbo (7) has had.

Lets let this play out with Burbo, support him and see how it pans out.....my feeling is we may be pleasently suprised. However it is no lay down misere.

On the same token lets please not overhype and expect too much from Fifita just yet based on a bench appearence in a trial. If he gets 6 bench appearences this year and does a job, its doesnt mean he is average and we need to jump to the next Flegg kid with hype, it just means he is developing.

Either of these boys could be a Jake or Olakau'atu just as much as they could be a Tarrant, Demetriou, Moorewood etc
Most forwards take time like Olakauatu because coaches like Des hold them back for average players like Jack Gosiewski who could not establish an NRL spot with another club after Manly released him

Time will tell it always does But so Does Talent and as far as NRL dynamic talent goes Olakauatu and Burbo are miles apart

Most forwards take time like Olakauatu because coaches like Des hold them back for average players like Jack Gosiewski who could not establish an NRL spot with another club after Manly released him

Time will tell it always does But so Does Talent and as far as NRL dynamic talent goes Olakauatu and Burbo are miles apart

Wasn't that the same Gosiewski that you posted 873 posts claiming he was going to be the best player ever to play for Manly ?

Wasn't that the same Gosiewski that you posted 873 posts claiming he was going to be the best player ever to play for Manly ?

We are all known to be wrong at times and I was wrong
I also posted my frustrations of Des holding young players back when Jack was not the player that I thought he could become

The fact is Gosiewski has not been able to establish a top 17 spot with any club when we released him

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8