Do you smell another Manly Dynasty coming ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m more of a JR Ewing Big Hat Big Game kinda guy.

Was Joan Collins ever a stunner? I’m not convinced but her sister talked (wrote) dirty!

Maybe. Maybe not.

The big caveat for me is that the Penn influence was not as strong as it is now. We had a seemingly united board under a new management structure, with probably the first evidence of ‘tectonic’ pressures only appearing in late ‘08, early ‘09.

Those pressures and the subsequent unhappiness of Des with Scott and vice versa, may have helped to cost Manly premierships in 2009, 2012, 2013 and perhaps 2014. Manly certainly had teams that were talented and experienced enough to win the premiership in any of those years.

Scott is always finding new and inventive ways to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Hey Terry, reckon Scott visits an erectile enhancement company to improve his strength with regard to his investments.

The title of this thread is hilarious... from wooden spoon contenders to a premiership winning dynasty within 2 pre-season games lol
I was more aiming at the chance Tom T was hopefully injury free moving forward and the young guns coming through may add a fresh injection, along with Tuilagi improving the edge and Schuster making an impact at 5/8......I find it funnier you seen Manly as a Wooden spoon contender in 2022 when they were fighting for a Top 8 spot till falling away end of season - Classic

I was more aiming at the chance Tom T was hopefully injury free moving forward and the young guns coming through may add a fresh injection, along with Tuilagi improving the edge and Schuster making an impact at 5/8......I find it funnier you seen Manly as a Wooden spoon contender in 2022 when they were fighting for a Top 8 spot till falling away end of season - Classic
I think it would be fair to say we were a team playing closer to wooden spooners than one winning premierships. Having said that, I appreciate your positivity and optimism
Go Manly

I think it would be fair to say we were a team playing closer to wooden spooners than one winning premierships. Having said that, I appreciate your positivity and optimism
Go Manly
Just difference of opinion and the "Dynasty" is at this stage is over the Top, so I get your thoughts....I just see a few stars aligning and finally another quality crop of players coming through similar to previous success, as we don't attract many BIG names these days, so here's hoping these kids can take us places and key players are ON the field.

Who will play Blake Carrington?

74B4A2E6-2ED9-42DC-BC24-709E335C826B.jpeg

There was a time back in 2005 - 2006 where Manly were on the cusp of something Special.
Well as we head into the 2023 season, I have a similar Vibe.
Youngsters with massive talent are arriving at the same time.
I do however feel we need to get that mongrel in the middle on point, to make this come to fruition, but "most" of the building blocks are there.
If you look at the Winning 2008 side it will look far more star studded, but in reality if you look 2 - 3 years earlier it did not and this is where I feel players like Fifita, Weekes, Gordie, Latu Fainu will certainly be well known by 2024/25.
What's the vibe out there Silvertails ?
Are we heading into a special dominant period, or still well off the pace ?

Well off the pace I am afraid, except every 5-6 weeks when we are on.

There was a time back in 2005 - 2006 where Manly were on the cusp of something Special.
Well as we head into the 2023 season, I have a similar Vibe.
Youngsters with massive talent are arriving at the same time.
I do however feel we need to get that mongrel in the middle on point, to make this come to fruition, but "most" of the building blocks are there.
If you look at the Winning 2008 side it will look far more star studded, but in reality if you look 2 - 3 years earlier it did not and this is where I feel players like Fifita, Weekes, Gordie, Latu Fainu will certainly be well known by 2024/25.
What's the vibe out there Silvertails ?
Are we heading into a special dominant period, or still well off the pace ?
I like your positivity, in a sea of doom and gloom by many on here. I'm in you're camp tho, we'll come good soon.

Is the last nine years including this one - 2015 to 2023 the worst period for our club since the 1950’s ?

It’s got to be up there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4