Do we move a back to edge forward ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who goes to 2nd row if needed ?

• SULI

• PARKER

• TAUFUA

Results are only viewable after voting.
A couple of the late mail team selection podcasts/blogs. Seems Harper is carrying an injury from last week and is in doubt. Probably know more after Captains run. Makes sense though, can't see Suli being put on bench as forward cover.

More likely scenario is Jake could go into prop rotation on and off and Cust could be that roving middle forward. That way we live with 2 bench forwards only

A couple of the late mail team selection podcasts/blogs. Seems Harper is carrying an injury from last week and is in doubt. Probably know more after Captains run. Makes sense though, can't see Suli being put on bench as forward cover.

More likely scenario is Jake could go into prop rotation on and off and Cust could be that roving middle forward. That way we live with 2 bench forwards only
Two bench forwards is possible if we don’t get an injury. It’s pretty hard if we get one though.

There are 160 minutes that need to be played by the front row, that’s only 40 minutes each on average if we have 2 starters and 2 on the bench. I know Paseka and Keppie can play 50+ mins which means the other 2 would need to play about 30-35 each.

It doesn’t sound like a lot but for a debutant and a guy who has maxed out at 30 minutes this year it could be challenging.

Two bench forwards is possible if we don’t get an injury. It’s pretty hard if we get one though.

There are 160 minutes that need to be played by the front row, that’s only 40 minutes each on average if we have 2 starters and 2 on the bench. I know Paseka and Keppie can play 50+ mins which means the other 2 would need to play about 30-35 each.

It doesn’t sound like a lot but for a debutant and a guy who has maxed out at 30 minutes this year it could be challenging.
We need a third bench forward - it has to be Ben T. He can then cover centre/wing if there is an injury and Cust the halves. No hope in my mind of Funa being on the bench and if so - total and utter madness.

Had to vote Taufua.
I really can't see Taufua as a backrower but you know what? I'd actually be really interested to see how he goes. He might do well or he might be terrible but it would be intriguing watching either way. Same goes for Suli, I can't see him in the backrow but again if it did happen it would definitely add more interest in the game.

I really can't see Taufua as a backrower but you know what? I'd actually be really interested to see how he goes. He might do well or he might be terrible but it would be intriguing watching either way. Same goes for Suli, I can't see him in the backrow but again if it did happen it would definitely add more interest in the game.
Well the opposing hooker won't scoot to Jorge's side of the field!
Could you imagine a trademark hit on a half or hooker?

The problem is easy to spot, we have 8 forwards either injured suspended or deceased . That is the reason our bench is under such stress. We simply don't have any more forwards (Burbo by the way is listed as a back on the club site, and sounds like he isn't quite ready anyway).

If Harper is out i think Funa onto the bench isn't the worst idea, he's quite big, has played some NRL, can fill a backrow rotation if needed. I'd prefer that than moving Parker.

Look at the end of the day, playing edge backrow is like playing centre essentially. Slight difference in attack with running lines but you can just skip a makeshift backrower with cut out balls or sweep plays. The defence will cotton on but it's not going to bring the whole team structure tumbling down. I doubt any back named on the bench (Suli or Funa) will purposely go into the forward rotation. That'll only happen if there is injury. As long as we can keep the middle forward rotation going Shoe and Guac can play 80 on the edge.

just don ' t see Funa fitting into an edge forward role easily but Suli more so if required . Looks like Suli will start as a centre with Funa on the bench and actually think with the side playing better recently , think that Suli can go up a cog or two as well and give a good account of himself in the centres . Agile and obviously big enough as well to play as an edge forward , again if required .

Ben Trbojevic is back playing Jersey Flegg this weekend. He may be in the Top 30 but no way he is playing NRL this season if he isn't up to playing NSW Cup at least.

My guess is that he makes his debut in 2022.
Well we are well and truly screwed for forward rotation tomorrow!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6