Do we move a back to edge forward ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who goes to 2nd row if needed ?

• SULI

• PARKER

• TAUFUA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Suli to Centre
Wash out your dirty mouth!

HERE! EAT THIS FOR YOUR BLASPHEMY!

20210501_192059.jpg

BEHOLD !

Would agree but with 3 of our forwards not used to big minutes in 1st grade .. (Sipley, Guacamole and Saddler) ... it would be a risk to only have 2 forwards on the bench ..
Not a hope we go with only two forwards on the bench without Aloiai and Marty and yes Sipley who can only do short bursts and I gather Saddler will not be used to the pace of first grade. Surely we wont rely on a Centre to play big minutes in the backrow!

I dont see des switching parker and Suli during the game.. i dont see why suli cant play in the 2nd row off the bench. Trex became the most destructive 2nd rower in the game at one stage... suli has decent speed and a fend and size to play 2nd row.. his defence in the centers is a joke he MUST never play there again unless we have injuries. The kids on 500k and he is trash at center. In the pack there is no hiding! Keen to see him make his money for once

He's not been a star at left centre, I don't know there's anywhere to bring him back to especially with Harper shining at right centre
A Quote from Dylan Walker

"I have always thought you could play both sides of the field and not pigeonhole yourself on one side. I have always tried to pride myself on playing both sides."
Even though he said this he is a far better right centre , imo
Harper debut at the dogs was at left centre

Ill back you up on this one woodsie. I'm pretty sure Suli started on the left at Tigers and was a machine hence the Dogs offering him massive money. How do we know left or right is someone's preferred side or its just the side the coach prefers them to play?
I played centre my whole life and I often just asked to swap with the other centre for a game here and there Just to mix it up (the coach was ok with this) If a first grader can't adapt then I agree maybe they aren't a quality 1st grader.
Of course you have a favourite foot to step off or a favourite arm to carry the ball BUT depending if you are bringing the ball out from your end or attacking the line or hitting a hole it all changes what foot you can step off or what skill you can use etc
Having a player only able to play one side is absurd, all good players can adjust!
If only you had stuck with one side Robbo. What could have been......

I dont see des switching parker and Suli during the game.. i dont see why suli cant play in the 2nd row off the bench. Trex became the most destructive 2nd rower in the game at one stage... suli has decent speed and a fend and size to play 2nd row.. his defence in the centers is a joke he MUST never play there again unless we have injuries. The kids on 500k and he is trash at center. In the pack there is no hiding! Keen to see him make his money for once
Not keen to see Suli as a part time now backrower sit on the bench and be required to do big minutes given our forward rotation has 5 players who will all struggle to play significant minutes - Paseka, Keppie, Haumole, Saddler and Sipley all really are not battle hardened - there will absolutely be another forward go onto the bench instead of Suli unless Des is committing hari kari! Obvioulsy it changes if Suli has been switched to forwards at training over the last few weeks and has been a dynamo on the training field in the forwards and has suddenly learned how to tackle and not be lazy! Also maybe this will be Des's punishment for his laziness - a few weeks in the forwards getting smashed! Surely there will be a change junior Turbo for Suli? Not really a great swap either in my book given from what I saw in the trials Benny T is not up to first grade standard yet and got rag dolled a bit but maybe someone with some knowledge and skill at backrow play is better than someone with none!

I think Guac could play 80 mins the others will just have to be managed better from a rotation standpoint
Paseka and Keppie should be able to get through 2 x 30 min stints that leaves Saddler and Sipley to play 2 x 10 mins stints either side of halftime
Suli gets a run only through an injury or HIA
I don’t reckon keppie and Paseka have a good hr in them. I reckon they might use Moses to cover Guac and he might play sone time in the middle. Actually who f$&@en knows what Des is gonna do. Could be anything yet.

Not keen to see Suli as a part time now backrower sit on the bench and be required to do big minutes given our forward rotation has 5 players who will all struggle to play significant minutes - Paseka, Keppie, Haumole, Saddler and Sipley all really are not battle hardened - there will absolutely be another forward go onto the bench instead of Suli unless Des is committing hari kari! Obvioulsy it changes if Suli has been switched to forwards at training over the last few weeks and has been a dynamo on the training field in the forwards and has suddenly learned how to tackle and not be lazy! Also maybe this will be Des's punishment for his laziness - a few weeks in the forwards getting smashed! Surely there will be a change junior Turbo for Suli? Not really a great swap either in my book given from what I saw in the trials Benny T is not up to first grade standard yet and got rag dolled a bit but maybe someone with some knowledge and skill at backrow play is better than someone with none!
What other forward is there though?

My thought exactly. Playing Burbo would be worse than playing Suli out of position in my opinion. I actually expect Suli will silence a few people on here on the wknd.
He has his shot Robbo, it’s up to him to make it a winner. And I believe he can. Jake is gonna need to have the game of his life in the middle. He’s our only forward with any decent experience and he needs to lead the park k this week. Keen to see he and Keppie cutting a few of those warriors forwards in half. Paseka also needs to challenge himself to go to another level too. The other guys will follow.

Should have a better indication when the cut is made to the initial 21 closer to game day . Wasn 't there a bit of doubt about Harper 's and Garick's fitness and availability earlier in the week or has that been discounted now . Suli 's inclusion or intended inclusion on the bench can only mean that he would be given some consideration for the back row if it was necessary . Really can "t see Burbo coming into calculations , Jorge as a forward surely wouldn" 't be countenanced ., Funa and Tipppytoes also in the 21 , could still be a couple alternatives considered .

I doubt Suli plays any forward role unless there is injury. In fact I'm not convinced he'll stay in the 17. The 3 named backrowers will play 80 and then then we have 4 props to rotate through the middle. Upside is more minutes for Paseka and Sippers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4