Do we actually want to finish in the Top 4?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Not only the two chances, but play top 4 and jag a win against Melbs and we would have a week off and be one game from the GF.

Of course we want top 4

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Can’t be bothered to work out where we might finish but if it comes down to the result of our game against parra you can guarantee the refs will do absolutely everything to ensure parra finish 5th or 6th so they get a final at wankfest

I’m with you Blakey.....if we finish 5th , have a home final against the team coming 8th and LOSE !!!! Then we don’t deserve to proceed in the finals

HappilyManly

Journey Man
No brainer. Top 4 over 5th any day of the week .

Part 2 question = If we finish 4 and happen to lose week 1, don't we then get a home final anyway in week 2 as we'll be playing a team below us on the ladder?

I dont understand the hype of playing a home final in week 1.
Only Top 2 get 2 home finals.

Manly need finals experience and should relish the chance to flog the Scumos and Rorters :rock:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
To finish top 4 we just have to keep winning.

A big task indeed.

It’s not tomorrow or the week after I’m worried about, it’s the last game.

I just reckon the refs will ensure that Doesntmatta get a home final, so if it comes down to that last game I think we’ll be screwed over royally!!

images (8).jpeg

Peter C

Bencher
Before everyone thinks I'm crazy (although it may be true), hear me out. If we finish 4th, we would likely have to go down to Melbourne. I'm not saying we couldn't win that.... but I actually think we would be better off finishing 5th (playing at Brookvale in Week 1), and then (quite possibly) staying in Sydney to play Souths in Week 2, assuming they were to finish 4th. I know this sounds crazy, and possibly is, but what does everyone think?
Playing Melbourne down there isn't as daunting as it may appear, they basically have a win ratio of 2-1 in final series down there,but by the same token they're not the same team now that they used to be.
I would rather finish fourth and still have a second chance

HappilyManly

Journey Man
So where are the finals played week 2 HM. If we finish 4 and lose where do we play week 2?
Depends on who else loses.
Could be at SCG or ACT as Turdy will stage the game wherever the gate takings will be bigger

This was the 2018 system
TelstraFinalsSeries2.jpg

Last edited:

Clint

Tipping Member
Depends on who else loses.
Could be at SCG or ACT as Turdy will stage the game wherever the gate takings will be bigger

This was the 2018 system
TelstraFinalsSeries2.jpg
Won't be in Canberra as there is no way we can play Raiders in week 2 if we finish 4.
If we finish 4 and lose then we'll play a winner from the bottom half of the 8 and we will be the home team.
Whether that is at Brookvale or not, I am unsure, but we will be the home team.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Before everyone thinks I'm crazy (although it may be true), hear me out. If we finish 4th, we would likely have to go down to Melbourne. I'm not saying we couldn't win that.... but I actually think we would be better off finishing 5th (playing at Brookvale in Week 1), and then (quite possibly) staying in Sydney to play Souths in Week 2, assuming they were to finish 4th. I know this sounds crazy, and possibly is, but what does everyone think?
Defeatist attitude like that will not help out cause. We need to take the best teams head on whenever we can

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
To win the comp you must finish in the top 4. I don’t care what anyone says but you need that week off, it’s vital to refresh after a long season.
If you lose the first week at least you get a 2nd chance.

Teams in 5-8 are playing their grand final each week of the finals, they can make it to the gf as has been seen before but really they are gassed when they make it to the big dance.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12