Disappointing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Could/should be 7/7, instead 4/7

Had a bad feeling all the way through it, especially when they put on arsey try after arsey try, then scoring off that strip that was missed by the refs, will be disappointed if Des brings that up though because with all that said, we lost it ourselves. I had this vision of Preston scoring near the end that I didn't want to see come true !!

A good footy side, at 22-12, isn't kicking the ball away, in good field position on tackles 2 and 3 like Farrar and Matai did, or down the other end of the park throwing behind the back stuff that Kite got away with.
We lost our way twice during that match where the halves were struggling a bit, and some of the more experienced guys got us out of the hole, but instead of keeping that effort up we slipped back into the hole

Back 3 looked jittery all night under the high ball. They were all good in attack but some work needs to be done there

Lyon had no impact at all tonight. We seem to have gone from attacking on the right side all of the time to attacking on the left all the time. We need to strike a balance there

Hodkinson, has anybody that has seen him in the Qld Cup seen any sign of a running game in him ? He looks completely lost when there is nobody to pass it too and just stands and surrenders, hopefully just a lack of confidence. Foran was good but lost his way in the middle of the game as well. Ballin was down a bit tonight along with these 2

The forwards were pretty good and laid a platform for us, but we didn't take it. Is a learning curve for the young guys, and hopefully they will be up against Souths tonight, i always felt we would lose 1 of the 2, don't want it to be 2/2

Not negative all round though. Glenn  Stewart had a huge game again tonight, I can't remember this aggression in him in the past. He was our best imo.
Just behind him was Matai, other than that kick on the 3rd, an outstanding match. Rattled them up, made huge metres when we were in trouble, and finished his chances off.
Galuvao was very, very strong once again coming off the bench.
Perry and King were good, Kite a bit quieter tonight. Solid game from Watmough by his standards

Buhrer. I really feel for the kid tonight. At 22-12, we should have scored and he should have gotten some minutes, but the side let him down

All in all, not a great night, but maybe one some of these younger blokes needed to bring them back down to earth again and get them focused for next week

Good perspective KE. It's still a big learning curve for the new halves. Tits have by comparison a very battle hardened central control room and were the difference.

Still, how can the refs have not judged that strip to be a penalty? That was the momentum killer we could have used to survive.

Good summary as always dan. Only thing I'd add is that trex has started running like a cat again.. Fire up!

Not sure what to think of des' choice to leave buhrer on the bench. Again was a tricky point in the game, but we needed a fresh forward more badly this week than last.

Attitude wasn't right in many areas.. Hope Des rips a few of the boys a new one.

Stupid, stupid football.

Stupid moment 1. First try would not have happened if Stewart had some sort of grip on the ball, it was a fairy tap that knocked it out.

Stupid moment 2. Foran trying to guide a camel through the eye of a needle for their second.

Stupid moment 3. Farrar kicking for Williams.

Stupid moment 4. Matai trying the get the linesman to take a mark.

Stupid moment 5. Stewart has been watching Cam Smith, glaring at the ref when he thinks a penalty should be awarded, it didn't work the first time, give up, all you're doing is slowing down the play.

Stupid moment 6. Buhrer warming the bench all night again.

Stupid moment 7. Perry makes a break, nobody backs up, Ballin takes the play the ball, does a Michael Monaghan impression, then drops it.

Stupid moment 8, 9, 10, 11 and so on. Not attacking the high ball.

They were lacking the defensive intensity they have had all year. Titans made easy metres up the middle from the word go, lucky they couldn't hang on to the ball.

I undertsand they found a weakness on their right side defence and it worked pretty well, but they completely forgot about their own strength of Lyon on the right. Spent all week studying what the Titans weaknesses and forgot to look at their own strengths.

Was Foran limping before the game even started?

Games like make be pretty angry, and part of me is happy they lost.

No point picking a bloke if you don't have faith in him.

I thought Lyon was experienced enough to know to play to the whistle, I was wrong. The fact he was obstructed didn't help.

Can't afford to have a fullback who has a phobia towards the high ball. Hope he rallies because the other parts of his game are going pretty well, apart from his grubbers on the 2nd.

SilentBob link said:
Stupid, stupid football.

Stupid moment 1. First try would not have happened if Stewart had some sort of grip on the ball, it was a fairy tap that knocked it out.

Stupid moment 2. Foran trying to guide a camel through the eye of a needle for their second.

Stupid moment 3. Farrar kicking for Williams.

Stupid moment 4. Matai trying the get the linesman to take a mark.

Stupid moment 5. Stewart has been watching Cam Smith, glaring at the ref when he thinks a penalty should be awarded, it didn't work the first time, give up, all you're doing is slowing down the play.

Stupid moment 6. Buhrer warming the bench all night again.

Stupid moment 7. Perry makes a break, nobody backs up, Ballin takes the play the ball, does a Michael Monaghan impression, then drops it.

Stupid moment 8, 9, 10, 11 and so on. Not attacking the high ball.

They were lacking the defensive intensity they have had all year. Titans made easy metres up the middle from the word go, lucky they couldn't hang on to the ball.

I undertsand they found a weakness on their right side defence and it worked pretty well, but they completely forgot about their own strength of Lyon on the right. Spent all week studying what the Titans weaknesses and forgot to look at their own strengths.

Was Foran limping before the game even started?

Haha great summation.

16 versus 17. Ridiculous. :-\

If the Tits make the top 4 this year tonight will have a lot to do with it.

I have to confess, i put a jinx on us - wore my 08 away jersey again.  Last two times i wore it...well you can guess what happened...Sorry folks.  I really want to buy this new home one but every time i see the Quantum logo on the front i wonder if i'm buying a billboard.  Weird i know  :-[

I said to maras hodko let's himself get bullied. He does look nervous and like new kid on tge block. I am happy to cop that loss because at tge start of the year i expected less

eggson link said:
If the Tits make the top 4 this year tonight will have a lot to do with it.

I have to confess, i put a jinx on us - wore my 08 away jersey again.  Last two times i wore it...well you can guess what happened...Sorry folks.  I really want to buy this new home one but every time i see the Quantum logo on the front i wonder if i'm buying a billboard.  Weird i know  :-[

I'm in the same boat, jerseys will be even worse once they stick those AAA stickers on the sleeves. Get a retro jersey, much better looking, more comfortable too.

Dan link said:
I said to maras hodko let's himself get bullied. He does look nervous and like new kid on tge block. I am happy to cop that loss because at tge start of the year i expected less

He needs to start trusting his pass. Attack stops when it gets to him, it's like Travis Burns without the footwork and the profanities, kicking game makes up for it though, getting better every week.

Titans scored 3 absolutely arsey tries. The first one was a dead set obstruction on any of the key indicators the morons want to use, I can excuse the field ref for perhaps missing it, but are the video ref's eyes painted on ??

Disappointing loss, but we threw away too much possession going for miracle or hero plays instead of playing the percentage. They should know by now that anything less then 2 converted try margin isn't enough these days. Leave the flashy stuff till we are 20+ ahead. We really should have won that game comfortably......Titans didn't look like scoring all night, only genuine try was Laffranchi. Just one of those nights when we didn't have any luck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4