Did Brett Stewart do a lot of good stuff I didn't see?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
agree, the timing in the backline isn't there yet and gets caught at the halves or Red/Kapow. Lyon, Matai have to look for the ball atm.

Backline timing would be an issue with DCE missing also. Snake was quiet. Thought Dylan was wearing a Warrior's jersey first half - a lot of errors and penalties that let them back in the game. We and they were poorly disciplined but we gutsed out a very good win. Very happy with that effort.

I think Snake is miffed because when he heard there was a Walker coming to Brooky this year it wasn't the type of walker he had in mind.

I think it's pretty obvious that Snake isn't 100% fit, not even close. But you can't deny that even with a say 75% fit Snake out there we look a whole lot better than we do without him.

Since he has been back, sure he hasn't been at his best but he's not in his early 20's any more. He's in his early 30's and has had numerous leg injuries over the past 8 years, including in recent weeks. What he does is organise our defence a whole lot better than anyone else we currently have. We were a rabble in the first two rounds but have been better since his return.

I said in the Game Day thread that I wish he would take on the line more, but thinking about it I believe he's just being selective given his current fitness. A couple of minutes after I posted that he did take the line on and got a great ball out to Jorge who went close to scoring.

Cut him some slack guys.

I think it's pretty obvious that Snake isn't 100% fit, not even close. But you can't deny that even with a say 75% fit Snake out there we look a whole lot better than we do without him.

Since he has been back, sure he hasn't been at his best but he's not in his early 20's any more. He's in his early 30's and has had numerous leg injuries over the past 8 years, including in recent weeks. What he does is organise our defence a whole lot better than anyone else we currently have. We were a rabble in the first two rounds but have been better since his return.

I said in the Game Day thread that I wish he would take on the line more, but thinking about it I believe he's just being selective given his current fitness. A couple of minutes after I posted that he did take the line on and got a great ball out to Jorge who went close to scoring.

Cut him some slack guys.
There is no denying our defence looks so much more organised with Snake out there.

The Warrior's first try came from being simply outnumbered on our left after Tuivasa-Sheck took the quick tap. It was a gift. They were on our line and Stewart was understandably midfield. The try would've been easily stopped with some urgent communication - one forward shifts to the other side of the ruck - there was plenty of time to do this - and the play is most likely easily shut down. The wingers need to be counting numbers and yelling out for help.

It is that sort of communication that makes Snake invaluable even when he's carrying injuries. Fantastic opportunity for Tom to see a master at work close up.

Still has it, organises our defence great.

His kick returns have been quite awful though, it's as if he doesn't like being tackled any more. No speed or urgency once he has the ball running back towards the opposition. Need a bit of oomph coming from back there to start each set in the right frame of mind.

Last edited:
Stewart plays = our probability of winning goes up dramatically.
Organising the defence, cleaning up, slotting in for the occasional kick in general play while DCE is out, etc. The gameplan today was much more a centre of the park + runs from the halves so less need for leftside attacking plays where he usually operates. But yes he does look like he's playing smart to conserve himself. Long may it continue.

Safe hands this week after last week's shocker.
He was where he was needed tonight, putting in for 80 minutes.
A Snake try coming up next week against the slime.

Thought he was pretty safe and reliable in a game where we were only going to win with defence. Thank god Sean Johnson doesn't run the ball anymore. A good win building on what we saw after twenty minutes into last weeks game.

Cut him some slack guys.
Sorry, but no. It has been noted that he was out of position once in 80minutes. That's one too many times.
He shall be brought forward at sunrise tomorrow and shot.

Seems liking he's taking a back seat to everything. No real involvement, or am I missing something?
Despite them apparently hating each other Brett would be suffering from dce being out those two have a great combination.

I think he's struggling with the lack of quality ball coming his way from Api and Dylan.

Dunno what the idea is behind these bat on he's doing 3 this week and a few last week.

But he's our best player he won't be quiet long.

Well he said that he has not figured out RTS and his sidestep but he seemed to keep rodger quiet.

Cut him some slack guys.
There is no doughting that stewart even at 75% is still vital to the team . He directs play from the back and saves trys , but i think we all miss his slicing sides apart with shear pace ,eg sheck , moylan ,tedesco. Hope he gets back to some of the pace he had because that was one of his best attributes.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7