Did Brett Stewart do a lot of good stuff I didn't see?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rd 4: V Roosters: Invisible/missing. Was found out of position consistently throughout the game for both high kicks (bombs were hitting the deck all night) and covering tackles (defenders were strolling over and he wasn't even in the picture frame). He escaped much of the criticism only because of a horrible night for Tafua.

Rd 5: V Rabbits: Shocker. Tried very hard talking it up from the back by accounts from those at the ground, but execution was not there; poor handling, ambling into the defence without any pace and a bad kick over the dead ball line when we were attacking. In addition his tackling was woeful particularly in the first 20 min when the Rabbits were running over us and we needed him. Griswald ran straight over the top of him, and then a horrible arm grab when the South's hooker went over for his second try.

Rd 6: V Warriors: Quiet/not involved.

Rd 7: I've already outlined specifics on his poor round 7 performance.
I wonder why Manly started winning games once he returned??
A massive coincidence, or does he add much needed confidence & help glue the team together from the back??
Not suggesting he has been at his best, but really don't think he has been shocking, woeful or terrible positionally as you suggest.
You missed a game also....Manly's first Win against Sharks where he scored an opportunist try & led from the back in a game Manly "suddenly" improved & won after not touching the footy for the opening 10 minutes...yet amazingly....defended like a team with desire for the first time in 2016 & looked organised for the first time ....another coincidence??
No fullback in a new look team would be setting the world on fire.... ask Tom Turbo our future long term fullback after the first couple of rounds...sensational young player, but would you rate his efforts great in those initial games?.....me neither.
Anyone expecting Stewart at his age & carrying injuries, to score dashing 80 metre tries is missing his true value to the team- leadership, communication, reliability, organiser & also still INVOLVED in many Manly tries.
The team will settle into better footy in coming weeks & Stewart will be a big part of it, fans will be happy & say "Snake is back" & others will say "he was never gone"
On a final thought - comprehensively beaten by Dogs & Tigers WITHOUT Stewart...won every other game except Rabbits & Eels which easily could have won also...just a thought.

Last edited:
Stewart is just slithering along in the grass at the moment , and there were signs , eg the kick through with stewart flying through for that first no try . It wont be long before we see the king brown snake stand up and STRIKE.

A massive coincidence, or does he add much needed confidence & help glue the team together from the back??
Not suggesting he has been at his best, but really don't think he has been shocking, woeful or terrible positionally as you suggest.
You missed a game also....Manly's first Win against Sharks where he scored an opportunist try & led from the back in a game Manly "suddenly" improved & won after not touching the footy for the opening 10 minutes...yet amazingly....defended like a team with desire for the first time in 2016 & looked organised for the first time ....another coincidence??
No fullback in a new look team would be setting the world on fire.... ask Tom Turbo our future long term fullback after the first couple of rounds...sensational young player, but would you rate his efforts great in those initial games?.....me neither.
Anyone expecting Stewart at his age & carrying injuries, to score dashing 80 metre tries is missing his true value to the team- leadership, communication, reliability, organiser & also still INVOLVED in many Manly tries.
The team will settle into better footy in coming weeks & Stewart will be a big part of it, fans will be happy & say "Snake is back" & others will say "he was never gone"
On a final thought - comprehensively beaten by Dogs & Tigers WITHOUT Stewart...won every other game except Rabbits & Eels which easily could have won also...just a thought.
Lets put this into perspective,they were very lucky to beat last placed Roosters and they beat Sharks&Warriors just for fun every year.Eels scored some opportunistic tries Manly had enough ball,just like they did against Souths,to win the game.There is serious issues and the return of DCE is not going to solve them.

Lets put this into perspective,they were very lucky to beat last placed Roosters and they beat Sharks&Warriors just for fun every year.Eels scored some opportunistic tries Manly had enough ball,just like they did against Souths,to win the game.There is serious issues and the return of DCE is not going to solve them.

I think the serious issue is Walker. A great ball runner, not a playmaker.

I think the serious issue is Walker. A great ball runner, not a playmaker.
He is one of the issues but admittedly he has improved but not as a ball playing 5/8.Which means players outside him are going cold and only get meaningful ball when they have scoots from dummy half.Korisau is the same .I know he is prone to errors but it's time to give Mateo a fair run,at least he adds creativity

Whatever happens, he needs to be told that chiming into the backline and attempting to bat the ball on has to end. Has done it three or four times over past weeks and we have ended up going 20m backwards every time.
Agree, Commander.
That stuff should be saved for Beach Volleyball.

Is it something as simple as not standing deep enough.

Just seems that every time we are inside the 20 our halfs are swamped and the outside support is also covered

He is one of the issues but admittedly he has improved but not as a ball playing 5/8.Which means players outside him are going cold and only get meaningful ball when they have scoots from dummy half.Korisau is the same .I know he is prone to errors but it's time to give Mateo a fair run,at least he adds creativity
The main issue with Korisau the last couple of weeks playing in the halves is the amount of tackling he is doing, similar to DCE, they are too worn out from tackling and taking hit ups to focus their mind & energy on playmaking

The main issue with Korisau the last couple of weeks playing in the halves is the amount of tackling he is doing, similar to DCE, they are too worn out from tackling and taking hit ups to focus their mind & energy on playmaking
Opposition teams have worked out that Manly only have one point of attack so they target him in defence.Thats why Mateo needs to be back and allowed to play his normal game and not be just hitting it up

Agree, Commander.
That stuff should be saved for Beach Volleyball.
Yeah....beach volleyball is the go.....
images.jpg

No - but the return of both DCE & Parcel will.....the serious issues have improved dramatically since round 1 & booting Brett Stewart from the team is not your answer.

I think talk of Snake's decline is vastly exaggerated, as someone pointed out, our points conceded has dropped dramatically since his return.
I think he may still have niggling injuries, if that is the case, once they are overcome we will see him back to his best.

Would like to see good quick ball from parcel to a running DCE with Walker and snake outside him. We have some potent strike weapons in snake kapow matai lyon and walker. They just need better service from the hooker and half. Will take some time . We need dce back and healthy as parcell and we need them to stay healthy and to build better combinations. A long way off at the moment but no reason it can't click soon. At least we have more staunch in the pack now. Collisions are better and tackling. Just need to fix the attacking combination. Against parra thought the forwards went really well had enough ball to win. 3 out of their 4 tries from dropped balls!!!

No - but the return of both DCE & Parcel will.....the serious issues have improved dramatically since round 1 & booting Brett Stewart from the team is not your answer.
Would like to see good quick ball from parcel to a running DCE with Walker and snake outside him. We have some potent strike weapons in snake kapow matai lyon and walker. They just need better service from the hooker and half. Will take some time . We need dce back and healthy as parcell and we need them to stay healthy and to build better combinations. A long way off at the moment but no reason it can't click soon. At least we have more staunch in the pack now. Collisions are better and tackling. Just need to fix the attacking combination. Against parra thought the forwards went really well had enough ball to win. 3 out of their 4 tries from dropped balls!!!
nothing to do with the passing from dummy half, it's the time it's taking for the play the ball , we constantly get dominated in tackles......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8