Dialogue with Manly Sea Eagles Membership Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lurker

Beaver lover
True but the NRL's scheduling must be factored in.

Thursday nights at 7.50 kickoff means you're not home till 10 - not good for families plus v an interstate club
Friday nights at 6.00 - that is a graveyard shift for all clubs plus how many away fans can get there at that time
The Panthers game was off the back of the Roosters horror show plus I argue that Sat arvo at 3.00 is family sport time

Four of those v out of town/interstate clubs

Factor in the above as well as only the main game with no curtain raiser not to mention our Jekyll and Hyde performances.

Parra have 5 of the lowest with two of those v Sydney clubs
The Dogs much hyped back to Belmore day got less than 7k but again v an interstate team
Saints v Parra at the Gong got less than 7k too and Saints were flying then.

Conversely the highest attended games involving both Sydney teams - There were only three (not counting double headers )
Chooks and Dragons - ANZAC day
Dogs and Bunnies - Good Friday and both teams "home" stadium
Tigers and Bunnies - both teams "home" stadium

Broncos fans can pretty much lock in every 2nd Friday night at 7.45pm for the whole season

Personally I prefer being on the hill at Brooky or Leichhardt and getting there early to watch reggies.
If there's nothing on before hand I may as well just watch it at home rather than drive 30-40 mins to Brooky.
We've only had three Sunday games at Brooky this year - all on free to air as well.

Yes, they are playing like busted's but scheduling and pricing are the killer for me not how comfy the seats or how good the wi-fi, a skim latte or variety of vegan pies etc are.
That is part of the offering though. I know that if i go to the swans this saturday which i might i can watch the neafl reserve grade beforehand. They make the game a spectacle and interesting. I'm not talking about food or things like that, although that is important for some people. But charging $30 for the privilege of watching from a crappy stadium with a league that doesn't respect the fan doesn't do it for me anymore. Now people might say i'm soft or anything like that but if i can watch the game on my lounge with a better view and save the money to spend on something better on my kids or myself then that's where i'm at.

If they start respecting the fan and providing an experience that is worth paying my hard earned for then i'll attend games again. Until that time though i'll continue with my sporadic 3-4 a year and watch all others on tv.

lurker

Beaver lover
..... if we want a new stadium like Parra I am ..... we would only have to do it once ....... that would be enough for the political whores to decide to open the cheque book ....
woodsie for local member running under an independents banner @:D

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
woodsie for local member running under an independents banner @:D

... however you raise a good point .... surely we have someone on this forum capable of being elected on a Sea Eagles ticket ...

... @Ryan , @HappilyManly @niccipops @Mark from Brisbane @yokahontas all come to mind ....

.... those that are automatically rejected like the numb-nutts and punchies are too many to name individually .... other than @Wombat64 ..... that head wasn't just hit with the ugly stick ... it played fetch with it ...

lurker

Beaver lover
... however you raise a good point .... surely we have someone on this forum capable of being elected on a Sea Eagles ticket ...

... @Ryan , @HappilyManly @niccipops @Mark from Brisbane @yokahontas all come to mind ....

.... those that are automatically rejected like the numb-nutts and punchies are too many to name individually .... other than @Wombat64 ..... that head wasn't just hit with the ugly stick ... it played fetch with it ...
I'm pretty sure you have to reside in the electorate. Mark from Brisbane may rule him out you numb-nut @:D

HappilyManly

Journey Man
..... if we want a new stadium like Parra I am ..... we would only have to do it once ....... that would be enough for the political whores to decide to open the cheque book ....
I don't understand why Mr Sibraa doesn't bypass the Northern Beaches Council and directly lobby Gladys to put Brookie into the State Trust.
Brookie is the oldest ground in NSW (if not Oz) that has been used by various sports :think:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...FjAGegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3T6umxbSiMZwp6zwfM_8p8

The Owners are mere tenants and are delaying spending the 10+ million grant until they get a DA through that encompasses a huge multi use tower in place of the Southern Stand that they'll own :confused:

Removing Brookie from the NB Council would solve all its problems :nod:

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I don't understand why Mr Sibraa doesn't bypass the Northern Beaches Council and directly lobby Gladys to put Brookie into the State Trust.
Brookie is the oldest ground in NSW (if not Oz) that has been used by various sports :think:

The Owners are mere tenants and are delaying spending the 10+ million grant until they get a DA through that encompasses a huge multi use tower in place of the Southern Stand that they'll own :confused:

Removing Brookie from the NB Council would solve all its problems :nod:

I like your thinking .... but please don't mention the age of the stadium ... our surf club-house is a wooden shack .. termite eaten ... falling over death trap ... with nil architectural or cultural significance .. yet a new club house was delayed by a bunch of hippies in the big smoke that had never even seen it ... while they applied to have the building heritage listed .... please ..

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I like your thinking .... but please don't mention the age of the stadium ... our surf club-house is a wooden shack .. termite eaten ... falling over death trap ... with nil architectural or cultural significance .. yet a new club house was delayed by a bunch of hippies in the big smoke that had never even seen it ... while they applied to have the building heritage listed .... please ..
https://yoursay.northernbeaches.nsw...e-park-master-plan-design-options-july-2011-7

The State Trust loves to list termite infested sheds in prime real estate spots :nod:

Mrs D

Reserve Grader
Basically I think we might be ****ed!!

I think the end game is starting to be leaked out, and that game isn’t a pretty one!

Unless we are sold to another benefactor I think we will all be attending a farewell to the world game by the end of this TV deal!!
Hi Mark

I’m slowly getting the hang of this.

They won’t sell while they sit on land that is a gold mine. It’s such a shame really. Max offered to get back in a few years ago and they denied it. He also had some successful business passionate fans who put in an offer which was rejected.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi Mark

I’m slowly getting the hang of this.

They won’t sell while they sit on land that is a gold mine. It’s such a shame really. Max offered to get back in a few years ago and they denied it. He also had some successful business passionate fans who put in an offer which was rejected.

A pleasure to have you onboard with us Samantha, you’ll only find love and respect for Max on here!!

yokahontas

Bencher
I'm pretty sure you have to reside in the electorate. Mark from Brisbane may rule him out you numb-nut @:D

I’m out too then, I got out of Sydney and I’m never going back @:p

Which usually means the south coast of NSW, but I’m in Argentina for now!

Ryan

Journey Man

I'd be in, but I hear there's a height restriction :)

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member

No politics for me. My very first scandal, don't know what it might be, but it would happen after deliriously celebrating Manly's next win.@:D

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Check out the crowd numbers at tomorrow nights game .... the NRL doesn't give a fig about crowd numbers ...... they only care about the TV viewer numbers ....

Agree 19K at the Roosters v Dragons game on the weekend was shocking considering how good both teams are going atm. 6000 isn’t good enough but it’s not as if the average attendance to games in Sydney are 20K+

But don’t worry once Alliance gets knocked down and rebuilt there will be 30K+ at every game. That’s what you will read in the dodgy business case used to justify gov’t spending on the stadiums.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12