Dialogue with Manly Sea Eagles Membership Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fellow Sea Eagles, I have written to Manly via Facebook. I have written previous asking if we have a direction or plan moving forward. They have ignored me each and everytime. If I am not entitled or am out of line, then I can accept that. I am a heartfelt supporter, and care greatly for our club. Please see below.

Good Evening,

I realise that you're prefernce is to ignore me and numerous other members. If that is your prerogative, then fine. However, I am also a contributor on the silvertails site, and love our club. There is heartfelt concern that our club will be lost or possibly removed from the NRL. We don't have an avenue to contact the management so I would ask if you could please at least pass this on to Scott Penn. If you don't want to, or care not to, please let me know, I will share it with my fellow members.

If you are however prepared to, please see below.

Dear Mr Penn,

I write on behalf of thousands of dedicated Sea Eagles supporters. As fans, Manly are the Sea Eagles, the Sea Eagles are Manly. We are the Northern Beaches. That said, our beloved ground is a train wreck. While not preferable, my understanding is that we would gain revenue by means of the grounds sponsorship, and our use of it through the NRL, with a move to Allianz. I could live with the majority of our games at the SFS, and 2 at Brookvale. Not dissimilar to the Tigers with Leichardt. At least we maintain our Northern Beaches heritage. Not my ideal, but far better than a re-locate elsewhere. We could also drop taking home games to Brisbane, Perth, etc. We can accept that the Brookvale redevelopment may not be possible due to dismissive politicians. We don't however want our team re-located out of Sydney.

Please consider this, and as an owner, secure our clubs future.

Thank you
Good on you for writing to the club and trying to get the fans message across. The owners know that to move games from Brookvale requires permission from the Football Club, an entity that they have tried to isolate and ignore,

I think they are banking on the NRL making an executive decision to take games away from Brookvale, the ground for all the memories and tradition just does not cut it anymore. I hope they keep some games there but inevitable without investment urgently we will be forced to change our home or perish or have our destiny taken out of our hands.

Fellow Sea Eagles, I have written to Manly via Facebook. I have written previous asking if we have a direction or plan moving forward. They have ignored me each and everytime. If I am not entitled or am out of line, then I can accept that. I am a heartfelt supporter, and care greatly for our club. Please see below.

Good Evening,

I realise that you're prefernce is to ignore me and numerous other members. If that is your prerogative, then fine. However, I am also a contributor on the silvertails site, and love our club. There is heartfelt concern that our club will be lost or possibly removed from the NRL. We don't have an avenue to contact the management so I would ask if you could please at least pass this on to Scott Penn. If you don't want to, or care not to, please let me know, I will share it with my fellow members.

If you are however prepared to, please see below.

Dear Mr Penn,

I write on behalf of thousands of dedicated Sea Eagles supporters. As fans, Manly are the Sea Eagles, the Sea Eagles are Manly. We are the Northern Beaches. That said, our beloved ground is a train wreck. While not preferable, my understanding is that we would gain revenue by means of the grounds sponsorship, and our use of it through the NRL, with a move to Allianz. I could live with the majority of our games at the SFS, and 2 at Brookvale. Not dissimilar to the Tigers with Leichardt. At least we maintain our Northern Beaches heritage. Not my ideal, but far better than a re-locate elsewhere. We could also drop taking home games to Brisbane, Perth, etc. We can accept that the Brookvale redevelopment may not be possible due to dismissive politicians. We don't however want our team re-located out of Sydney.

Please consider this, and as an owner, secure our clubs future.

Thank you
So you have written that suggesting you are writing on my behalf as well as thousands of others.

I respectfully ask that in future you write on behalf of yourself and not anyone else without first gaining their agreement.

So you have written that suggesting you are writing on my behalf as well as thousands of others.

I respectfully ask that in future you write on behalf of yourself and not anyone else without first gaining their agreement.

The sentiment is right but agree, any letter suggesting that you are writing on behalf of a group of people does need that groups approval before doing so!!

Thank you Mark. I should have clarified, I am a member of a fb site, and have received thousands of likes on this. Apologies to anyone offended, or those who felt that I was speaking on their behalf, not the case.

Not offended in any way mate but hope you can see my point!!

PS: I agree 100% with your thoughts

I write on behalf of thousands of dedicated Sea Eagles supporters. ..
... I could live with the majority of our games at the SFS, and 2 at Brookvale.
Sounds like you are saying Manly fans want most games played away from Brookvale.

First I've heard of it, in fact all the Manly fans I have heard on the subject are demanding Penn do something to lobby to fix the place.

As most of us know well, for a couple of years the Brookvale Oval Committee included all the relevant parties (including Council, Mike Baird and his office, Tony Abbott’s office, St Augustine’s College and, of course the Sea Eagles) and was making good progress on a range of fronts (including the State Trust), however when the ownership structure changed in October 2014 and Penns took over as clear majority, it was made fairly clear that they had their own ideas about redeveloping the ground (ie a private development) and so ....there was no need for a State Trust or for that matter a Brookvale Oval Committee.

Certainly was not speaking on your behalf, was doing so in conjunction with a large Sea Eagle group I am associated with on fb. Pays not to assume.

By the way mate, welcome aboard , great to have some newbies with us at a time that’s , well let’s face it, difficult.

But, we will survive, it’s happened before and will happen again!!

I am only speaking from a large volume of dialogue that I've had with Sea Eagles that I communicate with on a fb site. Ideally, I would like to see a revamped Brookvale, but I suspect that, short of a huge cash injection from some able and willing in the private sector, I can't see it happening. Therefore, I am putting an alternative out there that is shared by many. Again, I apologise if anyone feels that I was speaking personally on their behalf. I xan assure that no names other than my own, were on the correspondence.
No worries. Can you post a link to your facebook post that has 1000s of likes?

You seem to be making a demand of the Penn family, which is probably not realistic.
Are you one of the Penns?? The 'demand' you speak of was answered on my first post. There was a committee making progress on the issue of the state govt setting up a state trust to maintain the ground. The Penns didn't support this, we all saw the pretty pictures of the impressive 12 story apartment blocks (which - astonishingly - never gained planning approval) and the committee was no longer.
With or without the Sea Eagles there is a legitimate need for a boutique stadium on the north side. It is something the Sea eagles should be 100% behind.

No I am not a relation, and share your frustration regarding their lack of cooperation on the state trust, you are spot on there. I also firmly agree with you that Northern Sydney both deserves and needs a ground. All I am eluding to is the doubts shared by many, that there is any desire for this to happen. I don't want to see our team disappear, and shared an alternative that has been raised by a large number of fellow supporters. Sadly for us, I don't see another Max Delmege coming along anytime soon.

Basically I think we might be ****ed!!

I think the end game is starting to be leaked out, and that game isn’t a pretty one!

Unless we are sold to another benefactor I think we will all be attending a farewell to the world game by the end of this TV deal!!

Someone better not tell Penn that "Facebook likes" is all the blessing he needs to move us.

I understand that this site was set up by Dan, a passionate Manly guy, for other Sea Eagle fans to contribute too. Anyone who posts is a contributor to the forum. Not a site administrator, but a contributor. Yes I am new here.
OK your new here, then they do you claim in your first post that you are a contributor on Silvertails? You seem articulate enough to know the difference, oh and I already know the history of Silvertails.

Secondly how much blame for our predicament do you place on bozo ?
His shafting of Toovey and annual rebuilds got us into this mess, sold our culture down the river.

OK your new here, then they do you claim in your first post that you are a contributor on Silvertails? You seem articulate enough to know the difference, oh and I already know the history of Silvertails.

Secondly how much blame for our predicament do you place on bozo ?
His shafting of Toovey and annual rebuilds got us into this mess, sold our culture down the river.

Bozo has tried to come out of this smelling of roses, slipped into the background quietly.
He stinks in this the whole last 4 years. But mud wont stick at Sea Eagles Limited. Its everyone else's fault, hey Zorba.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8