Dessie Come Back - RLW 26/4/15

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mavin, this isn't a Tony Adams made up story. It is happening and known around the clubs. I cant reveal my source, but very high up at the Panthers and part of NSW RL board - a family member of mine.
is your source Geoff Gerrard he's the only board member that I think has panthers ties?

I have moved on from Des, with no real desire to see him back.

He chose to leave and I was, and always will be, fine with that.

But.........the dickhead did it 2 days after winning a GF and ruined our celebrations and ill never forgive him for that. Premierships are so rare fans wait decades for them. To ****ing spoil one because your having a hissy fit with the Board, was just downright inexcusable.

I'm not enamoured with 2V as a coach, nor his assistants for that matter, but apart from Laurie Daley (motivation, man management), I can't see any coach coming to Manly and improving on what 2V has done.

Oh 1 thing for certain though, if the Biro boys and the fat **** do bring back Des, please, please, please, for the love of God, don't make us stump $'s for that lazy prick Trex to tag along.

Peace out.

its amazing how we have just come off a strong ANZAC victory over the competition leaders ... with a few injured players returning and now the Des speculation starts ... Takes away from Tooveys gutsy backs against the wall victory that could define the season and lead us back into finals footy contention !

Cant wait for Newcastle home game :)

Des might have burned too many bridges to come back. But the board that made him want to leave was not the board we have now.

I rate Tooves but I don't think he's anywhere near as good a coach as Des. If we could get him back we'd be well on track to performing well again. Des will rebuild from our current state far quicker than Tooves can, even if for no other reason than because Des has the better reputation as a coach.

Obviously the fact that we are not able to recruit players and have lost some players recently is part of the equation here. Not in any way suggesting that this is Tooves fault at all however the current board obviously believe Des can attract good quality players due to his reputation as a coach who improves players similar to Bellamy. Tooves is obviously not at that level of experience yet.

Des might have burned too many bridges to come back. But the board that made him want to leave was not the board we have now.

I rate Tooves but I don't think he's anywhere near as good a coach as Des. If we could get him back we'd be well on track to performing well again. Des will rebuild from our current state far quicker than Tooves can, even if for no other reason than because Des has the better reputation as a coach.

Rebuild what mate ? full strength we are a top 4 side this year !

have a look at our players that are about to become regular first graders and TEST players

Do you want a side that looks like the Dogs ???? BIG FAT AND BORING ?????? then yeah bring Des back

There will be a fan REVOLT if Des is used to replace Toovey

Rebuild what mate ? full strength we are a top 4 side this year !

have a look at our players that are about to become regular first graders and TEST players

Do you want a side that looks like the Dogs ???? BIG FAT AND BORING ?????? then yeah bring Des back

There will be a fan REVOLT if Des is used to replace Toovey

lol no revolt will take place most fans are apathetic and all they care about is a winning side.

I have no doubt quite a few members would not renew in protest but let's no over state it.

People didn't "revolt" when a club legend in Alan Thompson was given the flick for a Kiwi

Can't wait for the protest march with maybe 10 people

Love the capitals though

Last edited:
I am not an expert but I reckon our attack has been fantastic under toovey. This year a bit of an exception with injuries but 2013 and 2014 we were outstanding.
mmmmm. Yeah, except for its predictability, lack of innovation, its lack of go forward and static team selections, its been wonderful.
the one innovative try i've seen scored under the Toovey era was the one scored between K Foran and B Stewart, Fortress Brookvale, v Roosters, Round 18 or so, June last year.

Don't cry for me Manly-Warringah
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

Some debate over whether Madonna will reprise her role as Evita, err, sorry Des, in the upcoming arena version of 'Don't Cry For Me Manly-Warringah', which will be staged at ANZ Stadium. Madonna's hair is the right length,and she's a similar age to our (former) Desmond. Will just need some judicious makeup and wardrobe, to create the permanent stubble and dishevelled look.

Moves are being made at Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.
By Tony Adams and Joel Gould (RLW 26/4/15)

Manly is considering a daring plan to go back to the future - by targeting former favourite son Des Hasler.
The Broncos, Sharks and Newcastle have all done it this year, with former coaches Wayne Bennett, Shane Flanagan and Rick Stone returning to their old stomping grounds to rebuild their respective clubs.
RLW can reveal that in a stunning new development, sections of the Manly hierarchy are investigating bringing back Bulldogs coach Hasler to restore the club to the glory days it enjoyed under his eight-year reign.
Geoff Toovey did a stellar job to take the club to a Grand Final in 2013 and go deep into the finals in 2012 and 2014. He is a club legend who will always be a fan favourite at Brookvale Oval.
But Hasler is viewed as the man most capable of rebuilding the roster and attracting the big-name players the Sea Eagles crave. He has already helped rebuild Manly to their former glory once before, picking up the pieces from the failed Northern Eagles merger in 2004 and taking them to the finals the following year.
The Eagles have not failed to make the play-offs since .... but face a steep climb to keep the run going in 2015.
There are some officials at Canterbury who are not enamoured by Hasler's abrasive style and would not stand in his way if he moved on, although whether Manly can afford the $1 million a season he commands is a moot point.
"The people who count at Manly were always happy for Des to run the club his way because it worked," a well-placed source says.
"They'd like to see him back on deck to work his magic. It is where he belongs. It was Des who rebuilt Manly post the a Northern Eagles debacle."
The source tells RLW that some of those formerly on the Manly board wanted to treat Hasler like a novice and "virtually micromanage him" and that is why he fell out with them and eventually left for the Bulldogs in 2012.
"The club doesn't want to become one of those places where veterans go for their last deal. Manly wants to be first on the superstars' list, and Des will bring that," the source says. "But beyond that is all about rebuilding the club and developing players in systems from the grass roots up, and Des is a master at that."
The players remain behind Toovey, though, and talented utility back Peta Hiku has called on the clubs younger brigade to step and take the heat off the old guard.
"We can't expect guys like Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai to win us games on their own every week," Hiku says.
" It's up to us younger players to rise to this challenge and get us back on track and take the heat off the senior players."
"We all have to look in the mirror and work harder to get ourselves back on track."
Hey @bones was that on the net or only in the actual magazine? I haven't been able to find it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4