Dessie Come Back - RLW 26/4/15

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Moves are being made at Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.
By Tony Adams and Joel Gould (RLW 26/4/15)

Manly is considering a daring plan to go back to the future - by targeting former favourite son Des Hasler.
The Broncos, Sharks and Newcastle have all done it this year, with former coaches Wayne Bennett, Shane Flanagan and Rick Stone returning to their old stomping grounds to rebuild their respective clubs.
RLW can reveal that in a stunning new development, sections of the Manly hierarchy are investigating bringing back Bulldogs coach Hasler to restore the club to the glory days it enjoyed under his eight-year reign.
Geoff Toovey did a stellar job to take the club to a Grand Final in 2013 and go deep into the finals in 2012 and 2014. He is a club legend who will always be a fan favourite at Brookvale Oval.
But Hasler is viewed as the man most capable of rebuilding the roster and attracting the big-name players the Sea Eagles crave. He has already helped rebuild Manly to their former glory once before, picking up the pieces from the failed Northern Eagles merger in 2004 and taking them to the finals the following year.
The Eagles have not failed to make the play-offs since .... but face a steep climb to keep the run going in 2015.
There are some officials at Canterbury who are not enamoured by Hasler's abrasive style and would not stand in his way if he moved on, although whether Manly can afford the $1 million a season he commands is a moot point.
"The people who count at Manly were always happy for Des to run the club his way because it worked," a well-placed source says.
"They'd like to see him back on deck to work his magic. It is where he belongs. It was Des who rebuilt Manly post the a Northern Eagles debacle."
The source tells RLW that some of those formerly on the Manly board wanted to treat Hasler like a novice and "virtually micromanage him" and that is why he fell out with them and eventually left for the Bulldogs in 2012.
"The club doesn't want to become one of those places where veterans go for their last deal. Manly wants to be first on the superstars' list, and Des will bring that," the source says. "But beyond that is all about rebuilding the club and developing players in systems from the grass roots up, and Des is a master at that."
The players remain behind Toovey, though, and talented utility back Peta Hiku has called on the clubs younger brigade to step and take the heat off the old guard.
"We can't expect guys like Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai to win us games on their own every week," Hiku says.
" It's up to us younger players to rise to this challenge and get us back on track and take the heat off the senior players."
"We all have to look in the mirror and work harder to get ourselves back on track."

Tha ppl who count at Manly... What a back hand to everyone who was treated like s**t when he walked out on the club after it had won the GF and robbed us of what should have been a happy off season. And left a back ended nightmare to clean up. That well placed source can go f**k themselves

I was told this 2 weeks ago by a Penrith Panthers Director. The word around the clubs is that Manly are making a very serious play at Hasler. There is a lot to this story. It is true that some Dogs board members are not happy with him and his style.

Thank gosh someone is looking in the mirror.

The rear view mirror.

Can't wait to see Tooves run out with water bottle in hand.

seriously des maybe a great coach ... but he betrayed the fans in order to feed his ego... yes we all make mistakes.. he may of learnt from his mistakes..

More credit should go to the club for manlys success instead of all the credit to Des

Guess who will bloody get the credit in a few years time AGAIN when we win the competition

DES

Thats a joke but if its Bob Fultons decision to chase Des then its in the best interest of the club no doubt !!!

But would it not be amazing for us to send Toovey out with premeirship to his name MWSE 2015 CHAMPIONS

Im not surprised if this is true. I think he would have to deliver us another premiership before I could ever think about forgiving him.

If by chance Des was to return to Manly, i would not let him have say on contracts. I assume the penns get along with hasler?

He can influence recruitment, he should as a coach, but the money side should be out of his control.

Thank gosh someone is looking in the mirror.

The rear view mirror.

Can't wait to see Tooves run out with water bottle in hand.

Toovey would do that for manly !!!!!!

The question is would Des ?

Des scouted , hiku, taufua, TRBO's, Ligi Sao, etc NOTTTTTTT

The club did !

But in a few years time when we have developed these men into Test players ... It will be ALLLLLL DES again !

Des also tried to POACH Tom Turbo to the DOGS

ohh yeah he has trully learnt from his mistakes !

betray the fans ONCE !!!!!

never get the opportunity to BETRAY us again !

No thanks to Des ....

Tooveys record is not bad at all considering he is still a fairly new coach !

Has DESpicable really achieved great success at the Dogs? Canterbury is one of the clubs with mammoth money to throw at players in third party endorsements. They seem to have a monopoly on huge forwards - they must base salaries on a sliding weight scale. DESpicable tried to lure Manly's best players . . . end ended up taking our worst. That's about the only thing I can thank him for.
The Dogs have not won a comp under his reign, and when they lose a few players they look dreadful.
I would find it very difficult to forgive DESpicable for his treachery.

:musicalnote::musicalnote:Dessie come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong and I just can't live without you
:musicalnote::musicalnote:
:musicalnote:
I don't whats wrong with me this morning but I just feel like singing :rofl: :musicalnote:

:musicalnote:Dessie come back.......:musicalnote:

Get him back. I have no problems at all. As long as tooves is treated with respect and dignity its a goer. Des is a 2015 coach. He is a master at nrl.
I am sure he will merge the old team back together in the process

Geez some people are miserable gits that hold a grudge. Still after all the **** that flies about from our club, the internal trash, people still dont understand how it may have been a **** place to work. If des was shielding the player group from all the crap , what must he have felt

If for some reason you didnt get to celebrate a premiership before des signed elsewhere, maybe you should look within. I had a great time . You dont have to gloat your tits off for months on end.. Its still on the scoreboard.

Well Foran was not attracted to Dez, so its not just the retirees :cool:

Not having a Leagues Club contribute $4+million a year towards footy related expenditure, is why Dez left. At the Dogs he is squandering gambling income and not the Penn's monies @:cool:

Z has to bring back people who listen to his crap, as once Snake retires, there are no more 'inner circle' members @:cool:

Last edited:
I'll always admire Des for what he did for us but to replace Toovey for him is unwarranted at this stage.

How did the Dogs not see this coming though? He always seemed to be abrasive, even before they signed him.

And didn't Des have issues with Zorba at one stage?

I don't care who coaches so long as it's someone that understands the wrestle rules and coaches the players accordingly.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6