Dessie as coach.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I know some people here have needlessly bagged Dessie.....tsk tsk. But what do you all think of him now.

Has he over achieved?
Are you happy for him to stay another 2 years?
Or have you got any concerns with any decisions made, during the season?

Firstly - 8|

Secondly - Yeah i'm happy with him to stay on.. whether it's coincidence or not since he's been in charge we've steadily improved. Can't see why the club would want to get rid of him for that?

Has he over achieved?............ No, not really. If he gets us in the GF then YES, what a bloody legend

Are you happy for him to stay another 2 years? If a person was to be pragmatic then the case must be settled in the affirmative. I mean he has the runs on the board now doesnt he !

Or have you got any concerns with any decisions made, during the season? The "risk averse' analysis by some people does seem to have merit but our success to date nullifys that.

Personally, I believe Des has this team heading in the right direction and i cant see any definitive reason why he cant build on that & take us further. For whatever reason I have confidence in his never say die attitude & that confidence continues to grow.

I'm not confident about Hasler. However we are running third which is a constant surprise. Are we there because of him or are we there because of other results going our way? I guess next year without BK, who is THE influence, will be he test. When you talk to him he doesn't seem the brightest bunny, but then again are any of them and could Socrates coach?

Some people ??,
You were leading the way for hanging Hasler ,& that was only in round 2 ...What are your feelings now -Byso ??

:)

I agree with DSM5 view.

I think he was shocking in 2005.

But this year things are much better, especially in regards to the off field stuff like contract negotiations etc. The next few will give me a better indication though with how they perform under pressure..

I think it is common knowledge that the contract fiasco's of 2005 were not of Hasler's doing.

In 2005 he got us to our first semi final series in 7 or 8 years, if that was a shocking year I would hate to know what you classified the previous 7 seasons7 has!

Need I remind you of our record the last 12 weeks of the 2005 season, Including a record loss.

Bottom Line is we made the semis for the forst time for quite a few years.

We have continued to build on that performance, I really don't know what more you can ask.

NRL is results driven and at this point in time Hasler has delivered the results, that is unargueable.

I would also suggest that the poor performances at the back end of last year commenced after monasgate, something that was not of Haslers doing. And if you do not think internal dramas affect the wellbeing and performances of a club I would suggest you take a look at where the Cowboys current position is on the table. After 6 weeks they were touted as premiership favourites, the dramas started and the rest is yesterdays fish & chips wrapping.

Need I remind you of our record the last 12 weeks of the 2005 season, Including a record loss.

So, what are your thoughts.... yes we had a ****house run home and a record loss and WE STILL made the 8... the mona's fiasco screwed us over no doubt... he was the halfback and captain it would screw any club over... but to have a dreadful run home like that and still make the 8 must tell you something??

It tells me that we had a good start to the season, but when things got a little rocky with contract negotiations etc it didn't seem like he had the players minds on the job. Hence the reason for the HUGE form reversal.

Keeping a coach is determined on whether or not he can bring home the chocolates, at the moment you can say he is doing everything right, but come two weeks we could be calling for his head, it is a very difficult question to answer.

Byron - Dessy has made commitments, and while I questioned the mechanis of how to achieve those goals, he has not once over promised, and under delivered. At the start of the season I was pretty harsh...but have to admit, I'm pretty proud of the team I support at the moment.

pete i wouldnt argue with byso we all know he acts like a jilted lover when it comes to des.

Max Delmege and PAul Cummings might have rebuilt the club off field
Des Hasler has rebuilt it on field hes been coach for 3 seasons now and there has been improvement every year both with results and the talent on our clubs books.

Out of the current crop of NRL coaches with exception of bellemy i wouldnt trade des for anyone.

People on the inside have always rated Des as a coach - it is only the speculation of people on the outside who expect instant resulsts that have played him down.

Dessies going well, next week will be a real test. Hopefully The Ox and BK play.

No record loss this year and top 3 so I'd certainly say he's achieved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4